University Of Scranton

• Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Like a family

Working here is like being a part of a big family. It's the best place to work. Everyone helps each other to make this a great place for our students.

Pros

Great health care

Student not employee

I was a student during my time at the University of Scranton, not an employee. While i was working for the department of veterans affairs I was completing my internship requirements for graduation.

A fine place to work, and good people.

I was an adjunct instructor with wonderful people, but, all things come to an end and our program was reduced from a core class required of all students to an elective.

Pros

Adjunct instructor.

Cons

Adjunct instructor.

Undergraduate Research Assistant

Worked alongside professor to gain insight knowledge on professional research while still earning my bachelor's degree. Gained a lot of skills working with an experienced professor, and a mentor.

Just a Work-Study Position

There are a lot of good people here at the U and I think it comes through with the management of the work-study positions on campus. There isn't a lot to say because it is just a work-study position at a school, but it's a positive environment filled with positive people.

University of Scranton/ RES Life

The University of Scranton allowed me to work as a Resident Assistant while also being employed by the field house running the Intramural Programs for basketball, volleyball and flag football.

Enjoyed my time

I really loved my time here at the University, everyone I meet and worked with were really awesome. My managers have been great and always help when problems arise.

Good Master's experience

I got my Master's from Scranton while teaching and performing research. I taught 3 classes a week and did research for a great PI for roughly 20 hours a week.

The U is great to students workers

If you are eligible for work study, I recommend you do it. It is convenient to have a job with flexible hours and is close by. There are tons of positions so go find one.

enjoyable job

the clinical experience at Regional Hospital was fast paced, great critical care clinical setting for the nursing students. Students during this rotation were also able to see patients in the cardiac cath lab, Ed and OR procedures

Tranquil and hospitable area

An office space with many sociable persons. Tasks would be fairly undemanding and straightforward as they would include making copies for various staff, teaching assistants, and even work study associates from other offices. it would also include setting up classrooms for Physics lab classes.

Pros

Responsibilities and duties that would be simple and would take little. time to accomplish

Cons

Some times are busier than others due to small amount of work-study students.

Work

University of Scranton, is an outstanding family oriented institution. They care about their employees, and I love working there on the part time level.

Cons

Productive place of employment. Good for students with work study positions to allow for spending money. Also great benefits with tuition reimbursement for full time employees

Pros

Free tuition

Cons

Quick Paced

Perfect environment for an adjunct instructor

The University of Scranton is an excellent employer for adjunct faculty members. they offer flexible schedules that can work with any schedule, and from any location!

Chemistry lab

Really good people to work with. A good pay for type of work. A job includes teaching chem lab, grading lab reports and quizzes, going over safety etc.

Work Study

This was a work study position, so some of the categories above did not apply to my position. I was an office assistant in the Human Resources department. The staff was fantastic and it was great as a work study position.

Sranton

it is a great place to work a lot all the time to make more and more money you will meet others and enjoy your time their and here and have fun and learn

Review Summary

Clock in, get keys, report to assigned building. Clean classrooms, bathrooms, and other general maintenance. Sometimes do set-ups for events. At end of shift, return keys.

Great place to work while working as a student

Working in the recreation department while attending Scranton is a great opportunity to meet people while earning some money. In addition Scranton teaches a good work ethic.

Pros

Time with friends

Cons

low pay

Laid back, comfortable, yet efficient work place with great people.

In the office of admissions, we typically help the admissions staff and counselors with various day to day activities. These include answering the phones, inputting student data into the system, helping to organize admissions events, and performing tasks to make the counselors' jobs easier. My supervisor and director are both fantastic people. I felt welcome and productive immediately thanks to them and help from my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the tedious aspect of putting together countless admissions packets and folders for prospective students. The best part of the job is knowing that I made an impact in bringing students to the university.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

PA minimum wage because it is a work study position.

Positive and forward thinking atmosphere

As a part time adjunct faculty professor, this was a wonderful opportunity to get started in the field of education. Faculty and staff were supportive. High caliber of students to teach.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University Of Scranton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits