University Of Scranton Employee Reviews

Positive and forward thinking atmosphere
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 28, 2016
As a part time adjunct faculty professor, this was a wonderful opportunity to get started in the field of education. Faculty and staff were supportive. High caliber of students to teach.
It was a great place to learn and it really gave me many tools that I use today especially computer and software skills
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 22, 2016
It was a real pleasure going to school at the University of Scranton. Because of my academic success I was able to work as a Grad Assistant. As a Grad Assistant I learn many in depth software programs for education and office management. I learned accurate and fast research skills, and I also practiced in editing various materials for the department. The hardest part was that this was all self-motivated and I learned different techniques to motivate myself. I again loved my professor that worked along side she was a wonderful mentor and friend.
Current employee
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 14, 2015
Being a Jesuit university men and women for others they are just that. The staff faculty and students are so great in every aspect. I love my job here
Great School
Line Cook, Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 30, 2015
Worked here as a work study student in dining services. My manager was very accommodating with my class schedule and very helpful.
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible Schedule
Fun place to work
Cleaning and front of the house (Former Employee) –  scranton pa 18510June 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be punch in walk threw make sure everything is in order before i start my shift..far as cups, plates,juices,soda and milk..tables are cleaned..Learned how to manage the floor in a busy place..good co-workers..great food...the best part is inner acting with the kids...
productive
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  PAMay 26, 2015
As a student and working as research assistant it was great experience. I learned a lot working under great teachers as research assistant.
Was great to work with the University staff and students.
Graphic Artist/Designer (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 17, 2015
Designing and preparing all the University and student publications for print. Management and co-workers were always a delight, helpful, and easy to work with, and I always felt appreciated.
Pros
Great productive atmosphere.
Cons
Too far of a commute for me.
Productive and pleasant environment
General Mechanic (Current Employee) –  ScrantonApril 26, 2015
The job is always a challenge. Recently learned how to repair a Sloan water closet. Co-workers work as a team. I enjoy a challenge.
Pros
Vacation time, paid classes and quite often free lunch
Cons
Cost of Healthcare
Pleasant work place
Administrative Assistant Foreign Languages (Current Employee) –  ScrantonApril 1, 2015
The University of Scranton has a great mission that it stays true to for Faculty, staff, and students. I am proud to be a part of the environment it has created here and have the opportunity to serve in various service projects that the University volunteers to help with.
Looks easy but improtant place
Research Experience (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 17, 2014
Rooutine job everyday: Check the health condition of animal; Partially perform the animal experiment; Recording the data; Data check and feedback.
very nice people, encouraging environment
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 10, 2014
I am enjoying my time here. People are very nice and flexible.
Productive and clean environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 25, 2014
Typical a busy day with the public calling our information center.
Computer Operations Admin
Computer Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 5, 2014
Responsible for the daily operations in the Computer room.
Which include
• Responsible for monitoring 150-200 systems simultaneously to ensure students and staff had secure access to University of Scranton programs which included financial aid, payroll systems, grades, telephone, and royalty programs.
• Responsible for the daily execution of the software move process from Development to the QA(test) and Production environments.
• Proactively managed system issues by quickly identifying problems and provided solutions through proper communication to appropriate internal counterparts.
• Exceptional knowledge of installation and lab management including the execution of database exports to the cloud system.
• Responsible for the implementation of all necessary steps to facilitate the Banner Upgrade process, including downloading banner software, enabling/disabling sudo access, and password resets logged in Numara Footprints tickets.
• Operated Optical scanner for processing of exams, math placement, and produced corresponding analysis reports for all faculty throughout the university.
• Processed assigned Banner and ARGOS security requests across multiple environments which required an understanding of userclasses, objects, bannerids and ARGOS components.
• Coordinated upgrades with Runner Technologies to update addresses to conform to USPS standards.
Productive and fun workplace
Work Study Recreational Referee (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 27, 2014
A typical work day is just a few hours and you just control each game. I learned how to take control and be assertive in my actions. Co-workers are great, we work great together. Hardest part of the job is keeping each game under control, sometimes things can get out of hand.
Staff issues
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 22, 2013
The university has a great and committed faculty unit. The area of concern was in the professional staff component, In particular the student affairs division. It is such a small unit that it has no room to grow. This is also noted in the people that work in the division being career lower middle managers. Little turnover for those that lack the ability to perform in the position also adds to significant concerns related to the development in the position. Job security is great as it is impossible to make a mistake that gets you removed from your role. Prepare to have little to work life balance as the dean and vice president expect to have a personal life and you are expected to do more work to make that happen.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Lack of Advancement, Pay, Division structures, and Soon to be financial challenges from lack of enrollment and accrediation.
CTLE Writing Consultant
Student Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 2, 2012
I met on an hourly basis with students and faculty to edit papers, develop ideas, etc.
Good work. good people and atmosphere. Workstudy
Work Study Employee (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 18, 2012
My responsibilities were to man the reception desk if there were no other workstudies or staff members at the desk, take messages off the answering machine of students or guardians and call them back, answer walk in, and answer phone calls. I was also to direct anyone where I was either unable to or not allowed to answer the questions to other staff members. Other responsibilities were to scan documents into a computer system where I was also to index them.

It was my first job but I know the management was handled very well. They were lenient when necessary and strict when required.

Everyone had a good sense of humor and it felt like another family.

Hardest part of the job was trying to handle difficult callers or walk ins who didn't listen to the information I was giving them. Also rude people were difficult to handle.

The most enjoyable part is when the students or guardians are kind and thankful when I was helping them out. Also what was enjoyable was just working with my co-workers.
Tutor
Statistics and Finance Tutor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 19, 2012
I tutored peers in subjects that I excelled in.

Picked my own hours.
Nice environment to work in
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 12, 2012
Finished daily projects and met deadlines.
Learned school's program.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was angry parents.
Pros
own office space
Cons
had to make own breaks when possible