University of South Alabama Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to Work
Event Services Coordinator, Mitchell Center (Current Employee) –  South Alabama, NYAugust 13, 2018
Excellent place to work will work there again it is a place that you can be you and do not have to worry about being anyone else. would recommend this to others.
not applicacle at this time
Clinical Research Study Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Alabama, NYJuly 30, 2018
not applicable at this time. unnecessary to complete. I do not feel a review of my current job and duties is necessary for this application process.
Collaborative work place that is growing and demanding.
Director of Strength and Conditioning (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 28, 2018
Growing athletic department with a desire to succeed and improve daily. I learned the most from my immediate supervisor and my sport coaches. I thoroughly enjoyed working with all of my student-athletes.
Decent place to work.
EMS Program proctor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 27, 2018
Great place to instill learning in the minds of scholars. Overall was an enjoyable experience, although some departments are known to be non-inclusive and cutthroat.
Pros
Great place to instill learning in the minds of scholars.
Cons
Some departments are known to be non-inclusive and cutthroat.
Good summer job
Hurdle Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 13, 2018
This job is Great to do if you love working with athletes. Takes a lot of discipline and patience, but it is great to do to keep yourself busy during the summer.
university of south alabama
Patient Navigator Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 2, 2018
The University of South Alabama has many department and Hospital in which a person can work in, In 21 years I have applied and worked in many positions. The best thing about working at South was working with the public.
Pros
no nights or weekends
Cons
state hospital many budgets cuts
Wonderful environment, but advancement is limited.
RESEARCH TECHNOLOGIST III (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 27, 2018
University culture is wonderful but advancement opportunities are limited. Benefits are wonderful with 7 holidays per year, then adequate PTO, health insurance is best I have ever had.
Pros
environment is great, benefits are generous
Cons
advancement limited
Great atmosphere
Certified Athletic Trainer Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 22, 2018
I would love to get on full time, it was a competitive yet friendly environment , with type A people throughout. My supervisor was awesome and took the time to teach me and to guide me in the right direction. I wouldn't have traded my experience at South Alabama for any other, it was a blessing to land the internship.
Excellent place to work at.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 22, 2018
I have the privilege to provide healthcare to veterans who have served for the freedom of this country. Excellent staff and work environment, I highly recommend it.
day at work
Student Center Services Bookstore (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 18, 2018
working for usa bookstore is fun they have good team members . they also have a clean environment . and the students that attend the school are very nice
Could be better
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 25, 2018
I don't mind the work that I was paid to perform. My issue is with management. Management shows favoritism and all rules do not apply to all personnel. I work hard with little to no supervision but the manager does not appreciate work done. The employees that are favored come in late and leave early but she expects others to work more.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management sucks
It was a simple job
SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  South Alabama, ALMay 22, 2018
I worked with the Polling Group calling locals about the BP oil spill. The job was simple and proceeded as expected. Some people cooperated while others grew irate and rude. You were able to pick your own hours which was great because I was a full time student. The only downside is the fact that it was grant based. You were out of work until someone received a grant to proceed with the research.
Good Middle Level Academic Position
Assistant Professor of Health Promotion (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 15, 2018
Academic Department Highly Qualified Faculty
Student Body - Public University - Academic Standards Moderate
Workplace culture is relaxed
Mobile - Nice family friendly city
Ga
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Alabama, ALMay 4, 2018
This is were I started my career. I was a GA for the mens basketball team. I was involved in everything and helped with everything. Camps were a big one and also helping the student athletes with academics.
Fun place for a student job
Rock Wall Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 4, 2018
Working at the rock wall and bike shop for the university was a great time for me, giving me a place to exercise while I worked as well as learn the skills to work on bikes for others and myself.
A large extended family
Marketing & Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 25, 2018
The University of South Alabama Student Center is a great place to work. The administration is great and help you work towards your goals. You are able to advance if you work hard.
Growing university with a medical school
Manager, Grants and Contracts Accounting (Former Employee) –  South Alabama, NYApril 18, 2018
USA is a moderately dynamic organization with a small, but growing medical school. Many of the faculty have been there a long time, and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. The pay is low, but generally a good place to work.
Pros
Great location, good climate, low cost of living
Cons
Pay is relatively low
A very stressful place to work and short staffed
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 16, 2018
A typical day at the University of South Alabama Children's and Women's Hospital would be very stressful in an E.R. Working with kids was fun but there was a lot of poor management. There was no kind of organization. We were short staffed and many worked resigned because of temper flares from nurses and doctors. But I build a work record of 11 and a half years and the benefits were good.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Breaks too short and nurses having bad manners
Student focused workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Alabama, NYApril 12, 2018
The staff here does a great job in everything that they do from prepping students to go abroad to managing students while abroad to post study abroad activities.
Student Positions
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 10, 2018
This institution provided hands-on real world experience.For any student that aspire to work in studio television, "Jag Tv" is the ideal organization.