University of South Alabama Employee Reviews

Wonderful environment for improving skills, learning teaching techniques, and engaging your career
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 31, 2018
My time working at the University of South Alabama has helped me develop the necessary skills to perform as a professional within my given field. While the pay and benefit were not great, the environment, instruction, and opportunity were. I had so many good moments, where I felt that I made an impact on my fellow students and helped them reach their goals, while pursuing my own. I feel like the instructors make you feel like you are a part of the team, even when you are still working on figuring out your career path. They often encourage you to pursue various avenues of research and study that prove beneficial in future moments. When starting, I was unsure of how well I would do within my chosen field, but by the end, I felt like a valued member of the instruction staff, and I knew that my days working with them were what helped me become a better teacher and writing instructor. Overall, it was a fantastic experience that I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Positive Environment, Engaged Staff
Cons
Low Pay, No Benefits
Great place to work for those with families and small children
Secretary IV, Student Disability Services (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 7, 2018
With the working hours of 8-5; I would recommend working at USA as it will allow time for before school care and after school care; and you are usually allowed to leave if your child becomes ill at school, etc.
Educational and Informative
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed my two stints at the University Police Department and would go back. I was able to complete my degree and gain a lot of certifications that I probably would not have been privy to at other agencies. The work was mostly slow paced, college atmosphere with tons of overtime events.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Just okay
Institutional Research Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 13, 2018
It's not the worst, but not the best. Not all offices are like this. Some are amazing. It's a University. It will have the same issues like all other institutions.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of connectiveness in the office
Time to move
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 20, 2018
I love the people I work with, but I'm stagnating in my position, with no hope of advancement. At this point, I'm extremely overqualified for my job, and I'm ready to permanently relocate to the Northeast.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Dead end job
Love work there
CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36617August 17, 2018
Steady pace. Learn how to do computerized linen inventory,ect. Worked with a great group in management. Diverse culture. Get ready for inventory. Everyone worked together.
Excellent Place to Work
Event Services Coordinator, Mitchell Center (Current Employee) –  South Alabama, NYAugust 13, 2018
Excellent place to work will work there again it is a place that you can be you and do not have to worry about being anyone else. would recommend this to others.
not applicacle at this time
Clinical Research Study Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Alabama, NYJuly 30, 2018
not applicable at this time. unnecessary to complete. I do not feel a review of my current job and duties is necessary for this application process.
Collaborative work place that is growing and demanding.
Director of Strength and Conditioning (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 28, 2018
Growing athletic department with a desire to succeed and improve daily. I learned the most from my immediate supervisor and my sport coaches. I thoroughly enjoyed working with all of my student-athletes.
Decent place to work.
EMS Program proctor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 27, 2018
Great place to instill learning in the minds of scholars. Overall was an enjoyable experience, although some departments are known to be non-inclusive and cutthroat.
Pros
Great place to instill learning in the minds of scholars.
Cons
Some departments are known to be non-inclusive and cutthroat.

Want to know more about University of South Alabama?

Ask a question
Good summer job
Hurdle Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 13, 2018
This job is Great to do if you love working with athletes. Takes a lot of discipline and patience, but it is great to do to keep yourself busy during the summer.
university of south alabama
Patient Navigator Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 2, 2018
The University of South Alabama has many department and Hospital in which a person can work in, In 21 years I have applied and worked in many positions. The best thing about working at South was working with the public.
Pros
no nights or weekends
Cons
state hospital many budgets cuts
Wonderful environment, but advancement is limited.
RESEARCH TECHNOLOGIST III (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 27, 2018
University culture is wonderful but advancement opportunities are limited. Benefits are wonderful with 7 holidays per year, then adequate PTO, health insurance is best I have ever had.
Pros
environment is great, benefits are generous
Cons
advancement limited
Great atmosphere
Certified Athletic Trainer Assistant/Intern (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 22, 2018
I would love to get on full time, it was a competitive yet friendly environment , with type A people throughout. My supervisor was awesome and took the time to teach me and to guide me in the right direction. I wouldn't have traded my experience at South Alabama for any other, it was a blessing to land the internship.
Excellent place to work at.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 22, 2018
I have the privilege to provide healthcare to veterans who have served for the freedom of this country. Excellent staff and work environment, I highly recommend it.
day at work
Student Center Services Bookstore (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 18, 2018
working for usa bookstore is fun they have good team members . they also have a clean environment . and the students that attend the school are very nice
Could be better
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 25, 2018
I don't mind the work that I was paid to perform. My issue is with management. Management shows favoritism and all rules do not apply to all personnel. I work hard with little to no supervision but the manager does not appreciate work done. The employees that are favored come in late and leave early but she expects others to work more.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management sucks
It was a simple job
SURVEYOR (Former Employee) –  South Alabama, ALMay 22, 2018
I worked with the Polling Group calling locals about the BP oil spill. The job was simple and proceeded as expected. Some people cooperated while others grew irate and rude. You were able to pick your own hours which was great because I was a full time student. The only downside is the fact that it was grant based. You were out of work until someone received a grant to proceed with the research.
Good Middle Level Academic Position
Assistant Professor of Health Promotion (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 15, 2018
Academic Department Highly Qualified Faculty
Student Body - Public University - Academic Standards Moderate
Workplace culture is relaxed
Mobile - Nice family friendly city
Ga
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Alabama, ALMay 4, 2018
This is were I started my career. I was a GA for the mens basketball team. I was involved in everything and helped with everything. Camps were a big one and also helping the student athletes with academics.