University of South Carolina Employee Reviews

Overall a good place to work but with upper management problems.
Administrative Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 3, 2019
When an upper leadership position is filled with an unsuitable person, that person is allowed to work out the contract regardless of the impact on the rest of the unit. This is what our unit is dealing with now. We all know we have to ride it out for4 years because nothing will be done. In the meantime, we are all miserable.
Pros
Caring co-workers, Work/life balance, leave time, benefits
Cons
Leadership is often lacking
Nursing Instructor
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 1, 2019
Great pay, flexible schedule, wonderful supervisors. I would strongly encourage all nursing instructors to consider working at this state-of-the-art facility.
fun environment
News Writer, Carolina News and Reporter (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 23, 2019
I enjoy working on campus, as I am a student at the University of South Carolina. I worked for the Alumni Association and the Carolina Caller Center. The Carolina Caller Center is kind of boring.
great work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 18, 2019
work life balance is usual for an aspiring phd candidate, compensation is low but that is part of the deal, culture is very good and nourishing, job advancement is receiving your hard earned phd and moving to a lucractive job
工作环境比较差
Research Assistant, Department of statistics (Former Employee) –  Richland County, SCFebruary 15, 2019
工作环境不是太理想, 工作量很大, 负责学生事务, 杂事比较多。备课时间也需要挺长, 还要出考卷, 答疑, 回答学生的各种问题, 需要耐心。
Graduate student
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 12, 2019
Being a graduate student is grueling and exhausting work for relatively low pay. It's not meant to be a permanent career choice--it's a stepping stone.
It's okay
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 5, 2019
Working at USC is a fine experience, the pay is slightly above minimum wage and the hours are flexible for students. Definetly a good place to look if your a student looking for part time work.
Pros
Flexible hours, on campus
Cons
Low pay
Grad Life
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 3, 2019
I went to Graduate school at USC- Columbia. I loved it! It really gave me all the tools to advance degree and open a lot of doors and carreer opportunity after I graduated.
Great part time job
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJanuary 31, 2019
I loved my college job. They would let me work as many hours as I needed to get through college. They would have hired me on full time when I graduated, but I need not see much room for substantial growth at the time.
Great Place
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 23, 2019
Great place to work. If you love working at a university this is a great place to be. The breaks are great as well, holiday pay is great. Apply apply apply.
Review Summary
USC Intramural Staff • Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 20, 2019
USC intramural staff is a fun and flexible part-time job option for students. You create your own hours and are managed by other students who have just been doing the job longer.
Worked as a preceptor
Affiliate Clinical Instructor - College of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 18, 2019
I only worked for USC for 1 semester as a preceptor to a student nurse. I don't have any complaints about USC or the semester I spent working for them.
Typical Stagework
Stagehand (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 16, 2019
Non union but they tend to follow union rules. It was better before they put their own people in charge but still a good part time gig. The pay is decent and they get the most shows coming through for the area.
fun place to study and work
Research Assistant, Dept. of Chem. Eng (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 16, 2019
a lot of good memories for me, build my career foundation here. beautiful place to live, nice people around. not a lot of industrial opportunity in the state
Enjoyable and Helpful
University 101 Peer Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 8, 2019
Being a peer leader allows you to help students since you have been in their shoes. The mentors are lively and wonderful. The campus is beautiful and well-resourced.
USC Floater- Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 7, 2019
I worked at USC For 24 years and in various departments it was a rewarding place to work because you were always leaning new and important things.

I was able to work with medical student in the Department of Disability Service as the bookkeeper.
Great place
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 25, 2018
Typical day including working varied duties Ordering computer parts and office supplies Setting appointments for IT techs to go on repair calls Answered phones, filing and billing for tech's service and billing other departments for computer services.
Pros
Salary
Cons
City
OK place to be a RA/TA
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 24, 2018
Your workload is pretty heavy, but for the most part, your professors will be very accomodating. Everyone is here to get ahead, there is a sense of productiveness.
Pros
Cool Guest Speakers
Cons
low pay, long hours
Great environment for work and growth
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 4, 2018
I loved working at this university. It has a wonderful collegiate atmosphere, many courses, students from diverse backgrounds and an amazing campus with beautiful buildings.
Work place for 50+ year olds
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 29, 2018
Co workers bash and trash you when you walk away. Everyone is rude to everyone.
Say something nice to some one they look at you like you don't belong there.
Pros
Hr department few decent humans
Cons
Treat you as disposable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of South Carolina. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight