University of South Florida Employee Reviews

provided great teaching experience and a competitive atmosphere
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2019
Teaching students really helped me develop my communication and presentation skills. It definitely boosted my confidence level to handle various issues in the labs. It is a great place to teach and learn simultaneously.
interesting mission
RF Engineer - Global Technical Systems (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Supports the Department of Defense who has a very critical mission. The company supports the employees to further educate in order to provide the customers with excellent service.
Great work environment
Research Associate & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2019
At this university employees are allowed to interact with executives and administrators. Professors and administrators are willing to teach and share information.

The biggest challenge is meeting state and federal deadline but if you organize your work you can meet the deadlines.
Typical University System
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Working for a university is like working for the government. Everything is political and bureaucratic nonsense. The pay is low to start but can build if you play the internal game well. I enjoyed working in the research labs which focus on the work and not about the politics of the university. The university does hire students for jobs and to work in research labs which helps both the university and the students looking to get money and practical hands on experience in their field of study.
No Consistency
Police Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2019
I work for a specific department within the University. The University as a whole may be ok but in my department, the environment is poisonous and vindictive. The management is terrible and the camaraderie id non existent.

The benefits and the pay (compared to the work load) are exellent.
Benefits
Cons
Management / Coworkers
an excellent institution
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2019
USF has an excellent culture, is very accommodating and understanding, and facilitates advancement. they have a sterling reputation, and foster a great team environement.
Enjoyable, fulling job
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2018
USF was a great place to work with an atmosphere of collaboration and support from all the folks in the department. Always the feeling of being exposed to the latest information that affected education and science.
Fun, friendly office internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2018
If you're looking for a fun and competitive internship position, the College of Arts and Sciences at USF might be the place to look. Projects assignment are challenging, yet rewarding and the collaborative office environment makes asking for help easy and rewarding. I was a graphic design intern in the marketing department of the College of Arts and Sciences and despite the fact that the position was unpaid, I was able to use it for course credit. Overall, the position was a lot of fun and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a creative, yet challenging internship experience.
Pros
Free food after events, engaging meetings, fun staff
Cons
Unpaid, for students at USF only
Scholastic endeavor beneficial for burgeoning and seasoned academic
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2018
USF is an institution heavily focused on science and research-driven. For someone interested in higher education and career advancement in research, it is the place for them.
productive and motivating to learn and explore
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2018
This University provides the very best environment to model, growth, and flourishing of the candidate working in any area. I am very proud to state that I learn and develop the greatness of learning, exploring, and executing during my tenure.
Great School
student (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2018
Great school.
Great professors.
Classes are lined up accordingly so as to take necessary classes.
Did not find guidance counselors as helpful as I feel they should be.
Student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, Florida, USDecember 12, 2018
I was a student, loved the area, loved the school, and loved the teachers. I have nothing bad to say about the programs or the internship opportunities.
Good and Ample opportunities for GA
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLDecember 10, 2018
The ISDS dept has a various opportunity for its student. The university dept is very creative and always welcome new ideas. The infrastructure is good.
Great job
Resident Hall - Sr. House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2018
To obtain a position with a company that will allow me to utilize my professional skills and contribute to a team to maximize the company overall goals they have set.
Pros
Work networking
Cons
Excessive work
Not a fun work place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2018
The staff an management needs to be replace it's not a good place to work they give you attitudes all the time. I learned how to strip an wax floors an shampoo carpets, buff floors as well.
A good career
Academic program specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2018
come in to work check and answer emails to start my day. If I had to do it again I would not have stayed at my first job as long. I was at the department of admissions for 15 years before transferring to the college of education. I would not recommend that to any one. I think if you are going to make a career at USF you should change jobs at least every 5 years unless you are getting frequent pay raises.
Pros
very relaxed atmosphere
Cons
have to pay to park at work
worked there for 4 years
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 29, 2018
i enjoyed my time there, they will work with you on your work-life balance any any other issues you may have, the pay is great and there are paid of opportunities to advance. the bonus is that you get paid holidays off
Good University to study
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 11, 2018
Top 3rd university in Florida state. Good place to get degree .If you want to start you career in medical field it is a nice place to get degree , Even for MBA it is a good university .
great place to work
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2018
USF provides great opportunities to grow personally and professionally. You will love working there. Lots of flexibility. the most enjoyable part of working there is traveling to present at conferences.
Go Bulls
Custodial worker, Physical Plant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33620October 26, 2018
Love working with my co-workers, always helping each other out. Working as a team was great. When something needed done we all got it done. the University is and was a great place to work.