University of South Florida Employee Reviews

great place to work
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2018
USF provides great opportunities to grow personally and professionally. You will love working there. Lots of flexibility. the most enjoyable part of working there is traveling to present at conferences.
Go Bulls
Custodial worker, Physical Plant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33620October 26, 2018
Love working with my co-workers, always helping each other out. Working as a team was great. When something needed done we all got it done. the University is and was a great place to work.
Great benefits but inadequate pay for work involved
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 25, 2018
The job was very rewarding in working with children with disabilities but the pay could not support my family needs. Also, it could not advance my professional development or maximize my potential related to my experience.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
Too much travel and understaffed.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 24, 2018
I loved working for USF Early Steps. They provided caring and great services to kids and families. They provided training to staff in order to improve services.
Pros
Great services
Cons
Nobe
Fun as heck
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2018
It was awesome to participate in the research I could be doing in grad school. The grad students themselves were welcoming and made great mentors, I was exposed to so much and it really helped me determine my career path.
Pros
Research, flexible
Cons
Payment was often late
Good place to work-good benefits
Fiscal and Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2018
Good place to work depending on your supervisor.
Benefits are good plenty of choices I have nothing more to add.
USF has numerious locations to work at
Interesting job but management needs an overhaul
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  residential educationOctober 16, 2018
Management needs to change. Can be a great work environment depending on where you are placed and who you work with, however the job culture is on a downfall due to management not listening to its workers. Can be very rewarding if you put in the effort, but do not expect higher ups to care.
Higher Ed is Great!
Communication & Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 12, 2018
I performed marketing and communications work and was given lots of leeway to do my work. I was given ample time and had a great work life balance. The office culture was relaxed, but business casual. My supervisor was amazing and very supportive of my work and development as an employee. The university had numerous positions open that I could move into, but none seemed like a right fit for growth at my time there. All faculty, staff, and students were supportive of the university which made for an even better company to be proud of.

Sadly, as a OPS employee I was limited on benefits such as paid time off and tuition reimbursement. These negatives did put a damper on the job as the university closes multiple times a year, sometimes for over a week, and you would not be paid because it is a holiday. They also utilize OPS employees every year in this way and allow employees to continue workin in OPS jobs for 5+ years at times before ever allowing them to transition into a staff member. This kinda policy was very sad for morale. Also, as a state job the pay is lower than private industries, but you have to weigh this with health benefit costs. Other than this, I loved every minute at USF.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Opportunity for growth
Good as a student job
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2018
There is no to little advancement in your career at USF. Salaries are very low, and don’t get raises often. The best perk is tuition reimbursement program which helped me get my master’s for free.
Nice experience teaching
Calculus Peer Leader University Of South Florida (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Led 2 classes to successfully pass Calculus II with a B average grade.
Prepared weekly class problems to make them up to par with the semester syllabus
Interacted with students and made sure everyone understood and practiced the concepts.
Informed the students about unknown, beneficial information regarding the engineering field.
Pros
Taught calucluls I love Calculus.
Cons
Some students dont put in the work, ruins your ratings.
Excellent workplace culture
Administrative Staff- CARD-USF Program (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2018
The workplace culture in USF is a wow moments. Exceed expectations and impact lives should be consider a human being foundations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was support families, diversity and the education,
Pros
team building
Decent
Admin (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 24, 2018
It was decent
Some perks: gym on site, tuition
Some things need some work: some of the peers are challenging
Others are fantastic.
I learned a great deal
Stay far away from the Marshall student center
Sr Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Don't work here... curupt and poor administration staff will declassift anything to set you up and make it looks like you're doing wrong....alot of corrupted administration and etc have none certified people in place that don't know what they're doing...
Pros
Cons
Curupt administration/ poor supervisors and etc
Not for everyone
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Working in labs at USF requires a certain passion. If you do not have a passion for whatever research is being done, I recommend to not to do it. The hardest part of being an assistant is attending long group meetings weekly
Great Job
Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2018
I love this job helped me learn basics of IT network. Helped me while I was a student. I think it helped boost my knowledge and interest in the IT field
M.A. Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work.
People are knowledgeable and nice.
Beautiful campus
Many job opportunities
well paid
potential to grow
I wish I can work there again.
interesting
Certified Family Mentor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 12, 2018
This is a program that helps educated families co-parenting for the sake of their child. It is a very relaxed and inspirational job. I am helping people with what they need. As a family Mentor, I enjoy helping families.
Research oriented
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2018
This position was research oriented and required staying abreast of all current and new research. Some days were more fast paced than others. It was a friendly work environment.
Tg
Fulltime Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2018
USF is a pre-employment workplace for students I believe. They are lenient but strict. You get paid well, and all consequences of not doing your job apply after you get a second or third chance depending on your manager.
Great position
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Organization is well run and care about staff and students. Great support and appreciation for staff. Have excellent tools for staff members and leadership accessible and encouraging.