University of South Florida Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
A fun, challenging, collaborative environment
Advanced Tech Communication (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2018
My "job" was actually my experience at USF. From electrical engineering to my curriculum in the Professional Writing program, I learned how diverse communication styles are at USF. Some were easy, some were difficult. It started me on the path to really listening to whom I am speaking with, and to make an effort to understand them.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Diversity
productive
Client Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2018
I loved working here , the work / life balance was awesome and flexible. I would work here again.They understood the value of employees. I loved work.
Pros
great staff
Cons
parking
Very Convient
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 10, 2018
I work for the USF football team and it is the best job. It is on campus so I didn't have to drive to work and it's very laid back as long as you know what you are doing.
Pros
Free Merchandise
Cons
No breaks
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 2, 2018
Work environment was relaxed. Stay busy. Communication skills required. Phone and computer literate. Pay is a little on the lower side. It's a great place to get experience and advance your career
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, at times long hours
USF has very good benefits. The work environment is ok but could use more support by administration
Senior Biological Scientist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2018
USF has great benefits packages if you are able to secure a full time position. The salaries, as expected in academia, tend to be low. Navigating University systems is an adventure as many systems are unable to communicate with one another. There seems to be redundancy between the departmental and University levels.
Pros
I worked for an amazing Principal Investigator who unfortunately is retiring.
Cons
Parking, staff support by the University as a whole.
great place to work
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLApril 6, 2018
Worked as a TA and had a great Team and professor/manager. Would recommend working as a TA if offered. was a temporary job for me until I graduated and looked elsewhere for a full-time job.
The worst
Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2018
This is the worst place I’ve ever worked, the management is cutthroat and demonstrates severe Nepotism. Unless you are family, or worked with any of the upper management team good luck getting any kind of fair treatment. Long work hours little reward little recognition if any from upper management. Very cutthroat, backstabbing environment. On professional team at best.
Pros
Located in Tampa
Cons
Cutthroat
Overall good place to work
Payroll Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2018
Overall good place to work. My department doesn't pay well. I would recommend the University of South Florida for employee within different departments.
Federal Work Study here is great!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2018
As an undergrad, working at this university has been quite a learning experience where I acquired new skills to build my resume and ensure better quality service to my future employers upon graduation.
Pros
Understanding of class scheduling
Cons
Not always guaranteed that you get to work on your assignments during freetime
UPD management in Saint Peterburg are cut throat .
Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 30, 2018
Beautiful campus, great environment to work in and could be a fun job, but the management at UPD Saint Pete needs improvement. They don't trust their officer to do the job right and they like micromanage the officers. Not a great place if are a minority.
Pros
Good pay, fun place, good benefits
Get Out what You Put In
MBA Graduate Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2018
If you are a student I highly recommend looking at a position with the university, the tuition and pay are generous. Hours are easy for the most part. In the college of business there were many positions and they allowed you to work on many different projects meeting with many local professionals which is helpful when you are going to graduate and join the workforce.
Pros
Free Lunches, Lots of Networking
Cons
not too many direct advancement opportunities
This was not a job.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 20, 2018
This is not a job but the school that I went to for college and the indeed programming is all kinds of funky in reading a resume. You can disregard my comments for this part.
summary
Research & Teaching Asst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2018
Typical day at work included teaching undergraduate laboratories, grading student work, professor assigned research projects and necessary coursework.
Fun workplace environment everyone seeking same goal.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2018
Hard working culture but still get to have fun
Had biweekly meetings where brainstorming took place. Ideas were put into actions for all the sports events.
A great research institution
Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 7, 2018
Working as a teaching and research assistant at USF was a great opportunity. The setting was relaxed but excellence was demanded of students and employees.
Management for some departments are cut throat
Daytime Custodial Superintendent (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2018
The university does not care about the workers that make the place safe fro the students that attend the school, all they really care about is how much money they can get from the donors and the place looks like it has been turned upside down in some places, the building are old and are really not cared for like a big university should be, the management in some departments do not have a clue as to what is going on in the buildings that the workers work in.
Productive workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2018
As a teachers assistant, it offered me a chance to collaborate with the professor that I worked for. I had an opportunity to help prepare the course content for a newer 2000 level course. I've been exposed to working from both Mac and PC computers,which resulted in lots of Power point presentations, Excel and Microsoft Office documents. It was rather enjoyable to respond to student concerns in their respective courses. It offered a sense of being in a call center or technology job.
Temp office worker
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33620March 6, 2018
It was a pretty relax space. Other than Students and parents stressing out because they waited too long to get their lives together. Get to watch Netflix.
Pros
computer access, hour lunch
Cons
students are rude, parents are worse
Positive
Data Analyst - Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 5, 2018
A good place to work and grow. I was a temporary employee here. I was able to learn new technologies and tools to grow further. Management is flexible and provides you opportunities
Fun if you worked together
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2018
It was ok, could of been better at the time I was working there, but it was a decent job. The pay was very little, for the work that had 2 be completed in 9 1/2 hrs.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
You have to leave your job area, To do other jobs, & Still have your area completed before you can home.