University of South Florida Employee Reviews

interesting
Certified Family Mentor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 12, 2018
This is a program that helps educated families co-parenting for the sake of their child. It is a very relaxed and inspirational job. I am helping people with what they need. As a family Mentor, I enjoy helping families.
Research oriented
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 11, 2018
This position was research oriented and required staying abreast of all current and new research. Some days were more fast paced than others. It was a friendly work environment.
Tg
Fulltime Student (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2018
USF is a pre-employment workplace for students I believe. They are lenient but strict. You get paid well, and all consequences of not doing your job apply after you get a second or third chance depending on your manager.
Great position
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Organization is well run and care about staff and students. Great support and appreciation for staff. Have excellent tools for staff members and leadership accessible and encouraging.
It okay could stand improvement treating employees fair
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Show to much favor for friends not enough raises for the amount of time on job people work with easy to work with job is easy student are nice and respectful get off good time don't
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Low pay but dynamic working environment
Administrator / Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Most jobs in Florida pay low so it is no surprise that USF, which dominates the city of Tampa, is also low pay. However, the people are generally decent and management, while occasionally overly political, tends to do a reasonable job.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Instructor I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Enjoyed working there, especially the people. The campus atmosphere is very friendly and inclusive for the most part. Most departments are well run and very efficient.
Fun and professional environment
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 2, 2018
Working at USF as a resident assistant has provided me with a fun and exciting opportunity to give back to my community while I am working towards my BS. As an RA you are provided with not only great benefits (such as free housing and a meal plan) your supervisors really pay attention to your needs outside of your role as an RA.
Pros
Free meal plan and housing
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Great security for students
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2018
I was a TA for 5 years, it helped me greatly with my student life. I didnt need education loan because of this job. Work is decent, faculty are very supportive.
Nice to work
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2018
I work at USF for a year and I move to another state Its good to work at USF and Is a good experience I don't have no problem... Nice personal but to work for a School they don't pay good they have to change the salary
Top leadership is terrible.
Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  TampaAugust 28, 2018
My first day on the job I was told I should have never accepted the job and it went downhill from there. If they contact you, run as far away as possible, then keep running. I was on the executive level, cut throat, back stabbing terrible.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
You work there
Great atmosphere
Grants Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2018
I loved working at the University of South Florida. If I did not have to relocate, I would have made this my retirement job. However, I would have changed departments due to poor management in the department I where I was working. The opportunity for advancement, growth, and ability to move positions within the university was one of the perks of employment at the University of South Florida.
My years at the university were basically a good experience. I was promoted several times during my tenure. The
Contract & Grant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 13, 2018
Worked at university for 27 years. Faculty and staff with whom I worked daily were easy to work with. I checked applicatitions for proposals and assisted in any way to meet deadlines. Processed awards upon approval from agencies. The faculty and staff were an enjoyable part of the job. With the change of management, it became more difficult to meet job objectives.
Pros
Satellite office, management of office, faculty/staff.
Cons
Management changes, i.e, lunchtime changes, no flexibility in hours (change working time to accommodate drive time for travel to Tampa)?
Great place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2018
I was a paid teaching assistant while I was completing the classes and research for my Masters degree. There were no benefits for that position except for tuition assistance. Everyone there is very nice and helpful.
At times it was very competitive and other times it was relaxed
Office Manager and Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2018
Salary was a livable wage, work environment was clean and pleasant. Employees had access to discount tickets to sports events.
There was ample covered parking and transportation across campus.
Pros
Easy campus access.
Cons
Long lines in various cafes.
competetive and supportive learning environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2018
my role was as Graduate Teaching Assistant and as Graduate Research Assistant. The Graduate Assistants United helped secure various benefits such as health care, paid time off, and more fair compensation.
Pros
union representation
Cons
salary
Great Place to work
Learning and Development Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLJuly 25, 2018
Great work/life balance and pretty good pay. The University give you Christmas holiday off without using PTO days. The University has a great work culture.
Pros
amount of day off during holidays
Cons
contract work
Place to retire
Academic Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2018
Nothing better than working for USF. I was able to earn my Bachelors degree and my Master degree all thanks to USF. Benefits are amazing and the cultures is great!
College Job
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2018
What else is there to say. Was a job while I was in school for engineering. Worked hard, got paid very little but had a blast doing so. Pretty easy starter job.
great place to attend school
Student (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 22, 2018
I was only a student at USF. I am sure they wonderful employees who arrange from professors to office assistants. My goal was to just attending classes and making the best of my time there so I could achieve the best education possible.