University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Summer Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2018
The best thing about the summer program was working with different cultures and helping young teens prepare for life at a university after high school. Helping young adults about education and life is always a positive in order to have a glowing future.
Pros
Free breakfast lunch and dinner
Cons
Summer job only
USC Work Review
President or club organization (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
Working at USC was a unforgettable experience. I enjoyed attending work and was always engaged with the task at hand. I was able to learn so much from my various mentors and was able to grow exponentially.
Pros
good office culture
Good Place to Work
Support Coordinator - CVTI - Vascular Surgery (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
Good place to work for benefits and learning opportunities in the medical field, can be quite stressful with patient volume, would have liked to be compensated more for work done.
USC Workplace
CASHIER/BARISTA (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 2, 2018
It is a job like any other, just do what you have to do. Make sure you have patience and good customer service skills. Make sure to show up on time and have a back up plan if you don't get to leave on time.
Professional and relaxing
Assistant Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2018
The University of Southern California provided me with the necessary tools to advance my career within the transportation sector. All areas of the job were well identified.
overall the management there is very disorganized and no room for professional advancement
Research Laboratory Technician III/ Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2018
a typical day starts with getting to your station and doing what you are suppose to do. The PIs there are not mentors, they are bosses and do not care about the employees.
Wonderful Place To Work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CA 91803September 28, 2018
Working with students from different backgrounds is very exciting! Working with faulty that listen is always a plus. In my da to day workload there are different obstacles that I am responsible for...Making sure blackboard has all guest lectures information. Ordering books and office supplies. And just being the go to person.
Pros
Paid holidays, free lunch
Cons
Health care, dental care, life insurance
Compensation
Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  August, CASeptember 24, 2018
Being that this a renown and prestigious university, they really should pay respect to employee's compensation. Grateful for the experience; however the amount of work required tremendously outweigh the compensation.
Pros
USC (name)
Cons
Compensation
Good place to work while you're a student there.
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2018
If you're currently a student at USC, I would recommend finding a job on campus. The pay isn't great, and you're limited to 20 hours a week maximum, but they're great at accommodating your schedule, and your managers are excellent.
Unforgettable experiences to be a Ph.D. student at USC
Head Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2018
My research lab is a quite relaxed and collaborative environment. It is also a beneficial experience to work as a teaching assistant on campus. The life in LA is comfortable and convenient.

Want to know more about University of Southern California?

Ask a question
Great school
Alumni Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2018
I love USC. I spent 3 years there and the professors are very supportive. I am very happy there. I encourage every one to go there. It has a beautiful campus.
A wonderful place to work.
Associate Director, Facility Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2018
Much opportunity for advancement. Much opportunity for training and development. Great balance between work and home life. Exposure to a variety of things, culture, art, and learning. Autonomy.
Good place to build resume
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
I worked as a student and did not have benefits. However, the pay was well above minimum wage and what anyone else my age would be earning. The job taught me what is like to work in a professional lab setting.
excellent place to work
Food Production Helper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
this was an excellent job at an excellent place to work. I really wish I had never resigned. If there was an opportunity to work here again, I would take it.
I regret working here, such a waste of time
Linux System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2018
I regret working for USC and spending much time and energy there. There is a very political place not a technical. All of a sudden someone very junior and less technical comes and is your boss because they're friend with upper management. No job advancement, no good work culture but their pay is not bad tbh. I worked 20 years and overall negative!
Not what I thought USC would be like.
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2018
A very corporate, for-profit, conformist work environment. Opportunities for growth are very scarce. Benefits are lackluster at best. The organization does not feel like a work family. The higher administration is inflexible with real life troubles/issues and work/life balance.
N/a
Teaching Assistant of CSCI 571 Web Technologies (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2018
University of Southern California is a great place to work at. I've been the teaching assistant for course of csci 571 web technology. The professor is very nice.
Good benefits. Recommended if you can be happy at a desk job
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2018
Recommended if you can spend your time behind a desk and are ok with taking instruction in a highly structured hierarchy. Raises, promotions and advancement are not offered, you have to apply to a different department in order to move up. University policies not followed.
Pros
Health insurance and retirement benefits
Cons
No raises or advancement
Good work-life balance, IT leadership incompetent
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2018
It is a good place for work-life balance. There is too much going on for anything to make sense here. Overall culture has suffered due to incompetent IT leadership.
MSW Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 15, 2018
I learned a lot while working at USC, the overall rating is four stars, benefits were wonderful, USC offered a chance for advancement all while giving a wonderful job culture.
Pros
Free food