University of Southern California Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Dynamic workplace culture that supports your personal and professional goals
Learning & Organizational Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2018
I am so proud to be a member of the Trojan Family! Though some parts of the university may feel compartmentalized and segmented, they are genuinely all a part of the same tribe. No matter if you have a question for the dean of a graduate program or the VP of a marketing department, someone will be there to give you a helping hand or guide you to the right resource.
Pros
Network
Cons
Pay for parking
Productive fast pace and cluttered
Central Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2018
Not something that i can choose future wise, it wasnt’t for me in my opinion im looking for more and a bigger future and career. Im a goal setter so i need something that will benefit me as well long term.
It was a cool place to work and study
Chemistry Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  USApril 27, 2018
It was a cool place to work and study. First, I came as an Intern and I was amazed by the culture and of how much I could learn about my field of study. later I came as a PhD student. It was a very intensive time.
Graduate Research Associate at USC
Graduate Research Associate (PhD degree) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2018
The university should adjust pay to reflect Los Angeles costs of living.
Besides, parking is expensive, I've had awful experiences with senior management and many other coworkers or former coworkers experienced the same thing, mid-to-high management is very unprofessional.
Pros
The work benefits are very good and get better over time, many longtime employees attest to the benefits package.
Cons
The pay for many positions in research are very low for Los Angeles.
University Setting
Admin Coordinator Event, Facilities & Payroll (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2018
My typical day is very fast paced with many activities and many responsibilities. At any given time I could be running an event, payroll meeting with either a student, faculty or staff member, and coordinating a facility request. I have leaned so much with all aspects of my job such as food allergies with event planning, international hires in payroll and multi coordination with outside vendors in facility planning. My favorite part of my job is meeting wonderful students all over the world and making their time at the University a positive experience
Pros
University housing subsidy
Productive Workplace
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 23, 2018
There is so much passion in the work that I am doing now. It feels like time just flies when we have the research meetings. The meetings are organized, the work is organized, the objective is clear and the best part of the job is the student-teacher relationship is very good that hierarchy is not a concern at all.
Great Place to work
Accounting Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2018
great place to work with great people. A lot of great research going on all over campus. Graduate students and undergrads alike should consider getting involved in research.
Stressful low compensation
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2018
USC dental school takes but does not appreciate the hard work you put in and pays very low ! Management is the worst and people do not want to work with each other.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
Low compensation
Quiet, relaxed, nice atmosphere.
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2018
A typical day included set up for the day, clean up and then customer interaction throughout the day.

Learned about the college experience, the different majors and degrees.

Relaxed culture.

Nothing hard about it, was a nice place to work.

Going to different commencement programs and hearing the different speakers.
Easy, Productive, Knowledgable
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
Guest speaker event coordinating and scheduling, email and phone correspondence, knowledgeable on film business, copying, filing, and grading.

Working with the professor and students was a great experience. The professor is knowledgable in his field and gives great talking points. We would collaborate on how to improve the class weekly as well and jointly choose which guest speaker to bring in every other week.
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2018
I have been a Student at USC for three years since I have transferred from a CC after a year. This school brings a unimaginable experience and skill set that puts them in the top tier of academics.
UCSD - great place
Electronic Document Specialist/Prepress (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 2, 2018
On campus printing facility. Great place to work. Gained experience with high-speed duplicators and color press/copiers. Some of the staff/faculty were a bit clueless when it came to printing/duplicating. Many would design things in programs that weren't "common" to the printing industry.
Pros
University environment
Cons
Union/Management negotiation wars!
It was good while it lasted
Adjunct Screenwriting Professor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 29, 2018
Despite everything, I loved teaching at USC. However, the most difficult issue I saw in the years I was there was a lack of educational development when it came to the issues of what the students needed in my department. Especially when it came to students of color and international students from Asia.

Being an instructor of color, I was able to hear the students needs and made many attempts to address their needs but that information was largely ignored.
Nice place to work especially if you want to work on your education
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2018
Nice place. Beautiful campus! Bad parking situation and you have to pay monthly to park on campus. You can park off campus at the meters but a lot of times you will have to drive round and round in the nearby neighborhoods.
Appreciable Cultural Diversity
Home Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2018
Maybe it's the location of the university, but campus diversity was very noticeable in most areas of management. This presented a relaxed and pleasant environment to work.
Pros
Inclusive culture, fun place to work. Close to home
Associate Director, Academic Events (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2018
For the position I held as the Associate Director of Academic Events and the amount of hours, the compensation was very low. The benefits however are the best.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Compensation
SPECIAL SERVICES JOURNEY MAN (Current Employee) –  4131 valley blvd Los Angeles, caMarch 15, 2018
Excellent place of work good ambience good place to start a future for family, excellent benefits and retirement plans will recommend for future reference.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not much advancement
Good study environment
Group Leader/Simulation operator/Student (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2018
I am just a student enrolled by USC. What I can say is just that the University of Southern California is a good place to study. With great professors and positive classmates, you will achieve your goals if you work hard.
Competitive and volatile, learned many skills in a very small period of time
Records Researcher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90017March 13, 2018
The University of Southern California is a great place of employment. The staff is friendly and the work load is not too heavy. Direction & supervision need a little more work.
Pros
Friendly staff.
Cons
Managerial supervision is too stressful
Working at USC was a growing experience
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2018
I enjoyed the work that I did working at USC and the people that I collaborated with. It was the Director who represented USC in a manner that has left a lasting negative impression with me.
Pros
A good place to work if you can get in
Cons
The diversity scale is not on a equal level it should all ages, color and degrees