University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Mukemmel bir is ortami
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesDecember 9, 2018
Yapilan islerin hep ama istisnasizca hep takdir edildigi, buyuyup gelismek, her daim egitimin ilerlemesi adina verilen sonsuz mucadele... Takdir edilesi!
Excellent Benefits
HR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2018
USC has a very rich and reward benefits program. There is a lot of room for growth. Many employees have worked there for more than 2 decades due to the great benefits.
good place to work
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2018
I was on a contract but I was treated well. my superviors were very understanding of my particular circumstances when I had to take some time off. I was encouraged and supported to pursue other roles within the department.
Wonderful place to work
SENIOR LECTURER (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 21, 2018
I love this job! I want to stay at this job and don't want to leave until my retirement. I hope to stay another 10 years at this position. This is a great job!
Pros
Treat's employees well
Cons
USC, a truly amazing environment to grow in!
Director, USC Orange County Campus (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 12, 2018
Manage all aspects of the USC Orange County campus. Administrative, landscaping, maintenance staff. What I learned; I took a class on listening skills and I learned the importance of really listening. Management: Professional and encouraged team interaction. Culture: So many people with so many different backgrounds all coming together to create an exemplary educational environment. Hardest part of the job-probably commuting to LA and back to OC. Most enjoyable...watching the students learn and grow.
Being an RA
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 11, 2018
It is a good benefit to have housing paid, but the apartment meal plan is not sustainable. If a student cannot cook and has that meal plan, they will spend a lot of money eating out.
Great time off, free tuition for staff and their kids.
Project Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaNovember 9, 2018
Great place to work with great brand. Most people retire here. Which results in very slow, to no advancement opportunities.

Time off and retirement contributions are great. Pay is average, not competitive to other employers. Many of the young staffers move in within 3-4 years to higher offers with advancement.
Pros
Great time off and retirement contributions
Cons
Nothing is free. Parking is a minimum of $80.00 a month
USC Work Life (What) Balance?
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2018
USC is not known to have a good work/life balance, even though the have a department dedicated to it the management doesn't follow the ideas for their staff. Most recently as published by the LA Times wrong doings by the faculty are covered up. Staff tend to feel unappreciated and in some cases put at personal risk. You do not feel like you can report wrong doings. They will quickly deesclate situations to make you feel like you are the one in the wrong.
Pros
Great health and education benefits
Cons
Wrongdoings by Faculty are covered up.
Great University, has got better for grad students
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2018
This is a great university, and has got more grad student friendly over the years. The compensation has got very reasonable for a PhD degree, and is comparable with America's top universities.
Productive and fun work place
Summer Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2018
The best thing about the summer program was working with different cultures and helping young teens prepare for life at a university after high school. Helping young adults about education and life is always a positive in order to have a glowing future.
Pros
Free breakfast lunch and dinner
Cons
Summer job only

Want to know more about University of Southern California?

Ask a question
Good school
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2018
I received my PhD in Chemistry from USC. The research group was great. The school itself offered a lot of support to intentional students, though, however the classes every foreign student must take were horrible, not productive. ALI at USC campus is a useless institute.
USC Work Review
President or club organization (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
Working at USC was a unforgettable experience. I enjoyed attending work and was always engaged with the task at hand. I was able to learn so much from my various mentors and was able to grow exponentially.
Pros
good office culture
Good Place to Work
Support Coordinator - CVTI - Vascular Surgery (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2018
Good place to work for benefits and learning opportunities in the medical field, can be quite stressful with patient volume, would have liked to be compensated more for work done.
USC Workplace
CASHIER/BARISTA (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 2, 2018
It is a job like any other, just do what you have to do. Make sure you have patience and good customer service skills. Make sure to show up on time and have a back up plan if you don't get to leave on time.
Professional and relaxing
Assistant Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2018
The University of Southern California provided me with the necessary tools to advance my career within the transportation sector. All areas of the job were well identified.
overall the management there is very disorganized and no room for professional advancement
Research Laboratory Technician III/ Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2018
a typical day starts with getting to your station and doing what you are suppose to do. The PIs there are not mentors, they are bosses and do not care about the employees.
Wonderful Place To Work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CA 91803September 28, 2018
Working with students from different backgrounds is very exciting! Working with faulty that listen is always a plus. In my da to day workload there are different obstacles that I am responsible for...Making sure blackboard has all guest lectures information. Ordering books and office supplies. And just being the go to person.
Pros
Paid holidays, free lunch
Cons
Health care, dental care, life insurance
Compensation
Fitness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  August, CASeptember 24, 2018
Being that this a renown and prestigious university, they really should pay respect to employee's compensation. Grateful for the experience; however the amount of work required tremendously outweigh the compensation.
Pros
USC (name)
Cons
Compensation
Good place to work while you're a student there.
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2018
If you're currently a student at USC, I would recommend finding a job on campus. The pay isn't great, and you're limited to 20 hours a week maximum, but they're great at accommodating your schedule, and your managers are excellent.
Unforgettable experiences to be a Ph.D. student at USC
Head Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2018
My research lab is a quite relaxed and collaborative environment. It is also a beneficial experience to work as a teaching assistant on campus. The life in LA is comfortable and convenient.