University of Southern California
77Above average
4.2

University of Southern California Employee Reviews

United States850 reviews
It helped me out with gaining work independently with minimum supervision, ability to think analytically and interpret data results critically, ability to produce high quality data diligently and troubleshoot
Grad-school that doubled as a work-place
The University of Southern California has a lot of contributions to my professional life. She gave me the discipline needed to work at a particular place for many months at a time (vs. the short stint people pull off at internships). I polished off a lot of skill that employers highly value here at USC - like being punctual and learning to communicate succinctly in as few words as possible.
Easy job for college students
Usually involves walking the floor and fixing different aspects of the stoor. Folding and hanging up clothes and straightening up the aisles. Ensuring that the store was presentable. Very easy job, very tedious.
USC used to am awesome place to work.
USC used to am awesome place to work. "The Trojan Family" as it was called. Now with all new management it is all about profit and business. No longer do they care about the employees most of which have been there 20 years or more.
Productive and fun workplace
I have had a good experience overall at USC. USC provides a great atmosphere for students to prosper. The training provided to students is adequate and suitable for workplaces
Enjoyed working there
I felt secure although for the first time in my life there was a woman who liked me so much she would come to my desk first thing in the morning and was too affectionate and put her wet face on mine. Truth.
Productive and fun
It was a fun loving and great experience. There is something new that you can learn every day. This experience has changed the perspective of my life and has made me a more ambitious and balanced pwerson.
Awesome Experience as a conference speaker
USC Global Supply Chain Conference is one of the best I've ever attended. They are cutting edge in Supply Chain. Happy to participate as a speaker. The culture is awesome. The management team was very accommodating. It was a very good experience.
Not a good place to work....
Terrible employer to employee incentives. Pessimist place to work at....Horrible management for incentives... No adoration of one work and no appreciation neither....
Demanding Work/Great Environment
I love working here. The students are incredible, and the program is innovative. The workload is intense and not enough time is given prior to the semester to get fully acclimated.
Pros
Environment
Cons
ongoing work
Productive environment and learning environment, good place to land after you've been a few other roles and want to earn your MBA or advanced degree
The people are nice and very helpful. Continuous learning environment for those who love to go back to school. Employees can earn their degree onsite during business hours, I believe that benefit is still available to new emmployees.
Pros
Opportunity to get your degree during business hours
Cons
Traffic
Great Faculty
USC is a Good place to work. I enjoyed working with Faculty, Students and Patient interaction. Good benefits and retirement plan were a part of the package plan.
It was a very good scholarship opportunity to attend. They offered summer classes of calculus and English so we can be very well prepared for college or university and they scholarship received was amazing.
Amazing place to work
The director is incredible to get along with - often takes classes with you while you teach. She is awesome - highly recommend working for recreational sports
Outstanding staff support, very strong faculty and highly mission-focused on students
I am part of the adjunct faculty and teach one course per term. The administrative staff is outstanding; they are responsive and support every need I have. They have done an excellent job recruiting top-notch faculty talent from around the country. The Dean and senior administrators are supportive, open to comments, suggestions, and change from both faculty and students. The online conferencing system they have invested in is the best I have seen. It is truly a virtual classroom with realtime interactions between the professor and his/her students during live sessions. They are focused on adult learning and continual improvement.

I feel fortunate to be part of the team.
Used to be an AWESOME place to work
My job was such an awesome job for over 20 years. Then a change happen where the "family" feeling was removed and experienced employees were let go and new inexperienced ones were hired. In my case the entire department of over 300 people were laid off and about 135 were rehired. This change has lead me to new adventures!
great place and fun place to work
i learned alot here through the years i worked there. dealed with doctor's and with patients. procesed request, answered phones.great experince learned more than what expected.
The mission is laudable, the management is suspect
There is a lot of work to be done on the workplace culture and there are still changes that need to be made at the top levels of the university; the people who work there are amazing, though.
Flexible hours and great work environment!
I applied online during the summer and was given great training for fall semester. It's great part-time for students since there are long periods of time in which you are not necessarily needed since there is a film playing and you can do homework in the projection booth.
Environment
The best student environment there is for proper cognitive, social and physical development. Furthermore, the environment is very inclusive and diverse as it relates to its student body.
Amazing benefits
Kids attend for free, health care is excellent! Easy commute, accessible by public transit. Great environment, students are fun and so so smart. Lots of lunch options.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

78%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.