University of Southern Indiana Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Lead Grounds Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 21, 2019
Started full-time to complete school for free. Was allowed six credit hours per semester for free, plus other good benefits like health, dental, and vision insurance.
Relaxing
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 10, 2019
I worked as a student helper in the summers for the maintenance team to help fix up apartments, it was easy and laid back. I was my own boss pretty much.
Computer lab
COMPUTER LAB MONITOR (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN 47712January 3, 2019
This was just a temporary job while I was in school there. It paid what I needed it to. It was a simple job, I would help students with the computers in the lab.
Low stress but low career advancement
Head Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 3, 2019
Great people to work with! Work day could be anywhere from 7-12 hours. Direct management doesn't do a great job with annual reviews so you are left guessing where you stand. Hardest part of the job is knowing you have no chance for salary advancement.
Psychology Event
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 6, 2018
I went to the University of Southern Indiana for a research project about a study that my group and I presented. We held a powerpoint presentation explaining our study.
Pros
Research experience
Cons
There was no breaks
Excellent Place to Work
Adjunct Reading Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 20, 2018
I completely enjoyed working at USI. The work culture is tremendous! The staff is professional and passionate about their work and ensuring student success. Working there is a privilege.
Pros
Professional and passionate staff
Good teaching spot
Adjunct Professor, Ethics (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 16, 2018
If you are looking for a spot to adjunct this place works pretty well for that. Nothing special but a nice place to work if you are interested in teaching.
schooling
Student (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 6, 2018
I attended classes at USI. The professors were helpful with accommodations and were very professional. I had all of the material i needed to succeed and would recommend USI to and student looking to expand their education.
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 7, 2018
The athletic staff is a very close group and everyone knows each other. It is a humbling experience to be able to call each individual by name and know that they will help you in a bind.
Fun and exciting opportunity
Video and Sound Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 11, 2018
Great mentor ship within the department. There were never any questions overlooked or not answered. The environment within the university was amazing, the staff and fellow students were always full of energy and happy to help others.

Want to know more about University of Southern Indiana?

Ask a question
Sucks
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 10, 2018
USI custodial department sucks. They are rude and actually try to get off on doing the least amount of work. I was not trained properly and there was too much drama between employees.
Semester Work
Mentor (UD Student Support Services) (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 9, 2018
This was only a semester long job but it was very fun. I got to work with an incoming freshman and help her adjust to college life. It was rewarding to see her grow and develop within the university community.
I loved my position and my co-workers
PEER ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 4, 2018
A typical day was working with students or their 4-year/academic plans. If the student was not available then I would start a template and meet with them on another day to do the rest.
I learned how to work with a wide range of personality types and generational variations. We often got your non-traditional students and so it was nice to meet with them and hear their story.
I loved my boss, she is the best person in the world!
The hardest part of my job was telling students they had taken classes they didn't need to and them breaking down.
The most enjoyable part was being able to find a way to help them graduate on time anyway and keep their financial aid.
Simple and Easy monitoring job
Art Center Design Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 26, 2018
I monitored the labs during the evenings and weekends so that I could make a little money while also working on my projects and other homework in the lab. It was pretty basic and easy job. I never had an incident and enjoyed helping people when they needed it.
Pros
Make money while working on homework
Great to be a student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 16, 2018
I loved being able to work on campus close to where my classes were being held. The pay was enough for a college student and the actual work was very laid back. I'd recommend for any student looking for work to work at the university.
Pros
Close proximity to classes, easy jobs
Quiet place to do homework
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 24, 2018
Working in the piano lab offered me the opportunity to get paid to do my homework more or less. Very rarely visited by other students, but when they do visit, they are required to use headphones for the pianos, so no one else is disturbed.
Pros
Homework time
Cons
Depressing lighting and paint
Productive and fun place to work.
Student Work at Teacher Education (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 18, 2018
University of Southern Indiana was a great employer. I was able to help teachers and students. I wish the pay was better since students are not allowed to work a lot, because it might disturb their studies. But it was a good job to make some money.
Pros
Was able to get homework done while working.
Cons
Low Pay
Student Job
Applied Engineering Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, IN 47712May 5, 2018
This position allowed me the flexibility to attend classes while maintaining a paying job. The work that I did was relevant to my major and was useful in educating me as well as in gaining experience.
Student Worker
CHEMISTRY LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 4, 2018
I was a student worker. Had a great boss and most of the staff was fun and laid back. Plenty of flexibility and had some good opportunities to talk with professors.
Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 30, 2018
The adjunct professors are not, in my opinion, adequately compensated. The university does not do a very good job of communicating necessary information to the part-time staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Southern Indiana. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

University of Southern Indiana Reviews by Location