University of St. Thomas Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Great hard working employees
Director, Web and Media Services, IRT (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 10, 2018
The shuttle runs between campuses, the new student center has better food options in St. Paul. Great hard working employees! Beautiful campus with connected tunnels for cold days.
Excellent Culture
Admissions Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 23, 2018
Such a fun group of people! I loved going to work every day. Management is excellent and cares about your well being. People build you up and help when you need it.
Summer Job with Relaxed Environment
CONFERENCE CREW LEAD MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2018
Relaxed environment, sometimes demanding. Oftentimes get off early. Learned how to use time wisely and delegate responsibilities to team. Management didn't always listen to us which was frustrating because we ended up wasting time.Got to meet new fellow students and made some great friends.
Pros
easy, long breaks
Cons
let off early often
Very collaborative and competitive environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 5, 2018
Working at St. Thomas was a very good experience. Seniors and staff are very supportive and would provide ample opportunity if one wants to learn. It is a fun place to be in.
A fantastic experience overall
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 5, 2018
I mostly assisted other students in the mechanical engineering labs. It was a great opportunity to share my skills with other people, and definitely learn a lot in the process. I would recommend this to anyone.
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2018
On this job, I normally just sit at the desk and sign people in, along with answering any questions that they may have. On this job I have learned how to manage time, be more social, and it has taught me alot about how to be more responsible. The workplace environment is great. Everyone is friendly to each other and cooperative.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
Low paying
St. Thomas compares favorably to most colleges its size in the area...but some changes should be made.
Clinical Professor (Former Employee) –  St.Paul, MNMay 15, 2018
I learned what teaching on a college level is all about. I came closer to being able to manage my management and my students. The hardest part of the job was not teaching, it was managing administration and management; working at St.Thomas became a lifestyle rather than just a job.

All-in-all I'm glad I worked there -- I probably should have left sooner than I did.
Pros
Work with good people and bright students
Cons
Pay was marginal even though we were given a raise yearly...a very small raise.
Competive and fun work environment
Assistant Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 7, 2018
During my time at the University of St. Thomas I enjoyed the competitiveness of the jobs I was involved with, but also the fun environment provided by the university.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of advancement
Fun and Community centered environment
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 28, 2018
Very fun place for an internship. Love the environment and the people. Everyone is focused on the common goal: Advancing the Common Good. Genuine love for people.
Amazing place to work
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 18, 2018
Great recognition, guaranteeing self- growth, great work-life balance. Great people to work with, embracing diversity, good benefits and work location
Student Job
Information Technology Systems Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 12, 2018
Treat students very well, and are very flexible with hours in order to accomodate their class schedules as well prospective job interviews and sports practices.
Great Place to Attend School
Student (Former Employee) –  StudentApril 7, 2018
St. Thomas is a Great Place to Attend School. I enjoyed improving my education in the Master Degree Program.

Given the opportunity, I would return back to school part-time.
Great job with good people and great team
Goaltending Coach (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 26, 2018
A typical day includes heading into the rink and planning a practice plan for the day. This is based off of the needs that have been identified over the course of the past games and what is needed to be worked on, individually as well as the whole of the group!
Pros
N/a
Cons
not a full time job
Coworkers and were great, sometimes stressful environment.
Caterer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 26, 2018
At catering, how work went depended on how busy the day was. It was never the same level of work from day to day, but you usually know what the level will be before you signed up for the shift. The events were full of (mostly) friendly people. Not a difficult job at all.
Not a cozy office, but useful job
Work Study - Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
As a student worker, many of my tasks were great in comparison to what I could have been given. Incredibly sweet people with a nice atmosphere. Learned many file programs like Excel and Publisher, which are useful to this day. The hardest part was the occasional extra-long work day. Interaction with the students was the best part.
Pros
Good start job
Cons
long days sometimes
Student On-Campus Position
Team Lead/Barista (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 2, 2018
I had fun working at my school. It was a fantastic way to learn new skills and meet people on my campus. I would recommend the job to any of my friends.
STAR Intern: St. Thomas Activities and Recreation
STAR Intern- Friday Unwind (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 28, 2018
Working with St. Thomas Activities and Recreation is a perfect internship for St. Thomas full-time students.
Depending on the job title, there are multiple positions and an average day depends on the position. Work mostly consists of the weekends or nights.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Limited hours of work
Good work environment overall
ELECTRICAL PROJECT LEAD (Journeyman Electrician) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Stable work environment. The job permits varied tasks and responsibilities which can be useful for learning new skills. The university culture concentrates mostly on the care, comfort, and safety of the student body.
Pros
Good facilities, ample time off
Cons
Relatively low benefits
Good place to work.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 7, 2017
Good place to work, with good benefits, and good advancement opportunities. Would like to see more opportunities for advancement in my department currently.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
A good place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 16, 2017
UST is not a bad place to work. It depends heavily on your position and goals, but I did not run into anyone horrible in my time there. I would work there again.