University of Tampa Employee Reviews

University of Tampa
DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION Systems & Web (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2019
They need an overhaul of th.e senior members of the university and the management of the IT organization. Until they do so it will be a place to avoid working.
Pros
great staff
Cons
backwards senior management
Productive workplace
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2019
The typical day at this job was steady. We always had work to complete, for example opening mail and officiating transcripts, or preparing mail and sending it out. I learned how to get my work done in a timely manner for the other departments at the school, and my manager was a great contributor to me when it came to learning the duties.
Pros
I lived on campus, so the commute was just a quick walk to the other side of campus.
Cons
The pay was alright, but not ideal for someone paying a college tuition.
Organized, simple tasks and friendly co-workers.
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 30, 2018
I learned discipline and patience here, it was fun meeting new people . If they paid at least $10/ hour this would've been a long term job for me even though we were outside in the sun.
Pros
Convenient and organized
Cons
Hourly wage
Great Environment, Poor Management
Accounts Office Assistant and Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 12, 2018
The campus is beautiful and you are able to meet a variety of people every day which is a great boost for networking. However, the management in IT is terrible, extremely unfair and does not treat employees with enough respect or gratitude for the hard work put in. Many people lost their jobs with no warning or eventually quit on their own. Highly recommend the school itself and perhaps working in another department, but stay away from IT until management is under control and working more efficiently.
Pros
Campus is great, great coworkers, many events
Cons
Pay does not reflect work efforts, poor management in IT
productive
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2018
Great first job coming out of high school. If your a college student that works too. Its a cultural environment with plenty of friendly staff members who make you feel comfortable to work.
Pros
discount on lunches
Cons
short breaks
mgmt
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2018
working here was ok. I enjoyed the atmosphere most of all. i found it to have a high employee turnover rate and the pay is to say in the nicest way is for a high schooler or a strictly summer worker looking only to buy a pair of jordans or a club hopping outfit.
Good place to be an adjunct
Adjunct instructor, Graduate Nursing (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2018
The Graduate Division of Nursing provided an excellent educational for both students and teachers.
It was a pleasure to work with the director of the program, but unfortunately, she left the university to pursue other avenues.
Pros
Good learning experience for students and faculty
Cons
A lot of inbreeding
Great team work and development opportunities
Student Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Supervisors are open-minded and kind individuals who truly care about the development of their employees. The department teams get along well and while it's a fast paced environment and you're always answering to someone, there's a great fun/work balance.
Great employees, terrible management
Director of Information Systems & Web (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Great employees, terrible management as a result of poor decision making at the senior level. Avoid IT employment here. They have undergone nearly 100% turnover in recent years in IT.
Pros
Great staff, friendly environment (outside of IT)
Cons
Poor IT Management
Great Place
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2018
I've worked as an Adjunct Professor for UT since 2010. The only complaint I have is that there hasn't been one raise in that time for contracted professors. Otherwise, a great place to work for.
Pros
Great People
Cons
No raises for Adjuncts
Nice place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 2, 2018
Great school, high level of education. I loved the architecture of the building. Work load is not too high. Faculty and admin are very friendly. Campus is very nice and located in downtown.
Very Positive Atmosphere
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2018
I loved working at UT. The atmosphere is very supportive and celebratory. It is a positive place to work, and the leadership is always encouraging career advancement.
Pros
Postitive Atmosphere
Cons
Non-Competitive Compensation
Responsibility
Gym Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2018
My only responsibilities was opening and closing gym. I also rented out gym equipment and monitored students use of gym. I clocked my own hours and turned them in weekly
Pros
freedom
Cons
no supervisor
Great Place to Join
First-Year Seminar Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2018
UT has wonderful compared to other placed within higher education. Although, the salary is lower than at state institutions. Your co-workers are amazing! There are not many advancement opportunities within the institution itself, although the campus is growing and new positions are being added.
Pros
Co-workers & Benefits
Cons
Salary
Great university to work for
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 30, 2018
Great place and university. I love it here. I have been doing my master's here. All the instructors are great. They are very helpful and very informative.
Great Place to Work
Information Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
Great place to work; You can still study while performing daily duties of checking students/visitors in. Manager is considerate and flexible and offer opportunities to move up.
Pros
Nice comfortable uniform shirt provided
Amazing atmosphere
LIBRARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2018
Great school and overall great experience. I loved the culture and the competitive atmosphere. I am glad to have chosen this school as a place to get my degree from.
Productive and competitive environment
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 4, 2018
The office is fun and competitive. There is room to grow and make a difference in the department. The administration is supportive and looking to help improve your work life. Truly an incredible place to work!
cool place with a lot of history
Band Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2018
As a band camp counselor I only worked here for the week of band camp. I go to this school as a Music Education major, so it was cool to watch high school students and help them with their instruments.
Pros
free lunch, good pay
Fun working for the university
Intramural Official/Referee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2018
The intramural program is definitely fun and entertaining. As a intramural referee you experience what it would be like to referee different sports and see how intense these games can be. As a referee we are expected to be yelled at a lot but on the other side of the spectrum we are controlling the tempo of the game. I found it as great experience and allowed me to grow as a referee plus as a person. I interacted with many different type of people and was able to create and be part of a fun working environment.
Pros
I like sports and I loved being a part of the referee team
Cons
Late hours, the games were played at night and finished at midnight.