University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Working as Undergraduate Tutor
Business Calculus Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 13, 2019
The greatest benefit about this position is that you are able to create your own schedule, which allows you to maintain a work/life balance. The hardest part of the job is determining each of your students' learning style and adapting your methods to provide an individual tutoring session.
Interactive lab meetings
Graduate Research Assistant at The RAID LABS (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 12, 2019
Working as a Research Assistant in The UTA RAID labs is really competitive and innovative. The lab managers are quite supportive and always ready to give their opinions and feedback.
great job security
HVACR Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 11, 2019
I felt at home working for UTA. The campus is huge and there was always a big project to work on. I met a lot of very interesting people there that have become life long friends.
Pros
only 40 hours a week
Cons
Had to pay for parking daily
Great place to Finish My Degree
Part- Time Student until November 15 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 22, 2019
I was a student there. I spent the majority of my time studying and going to class. I was a BBA major and plan to finish as one. The professors there are very helpful and genuinely want students to learn the material.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Hard to meet people
Adjuncting is poorly paid
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 22, 2019
I was an adjunct instructor at UTA. The pay is a flat rate per course, with no benefits. I kept track of my hours, and I calculated I made approximately 7$/hr. as an adjunct instructor. Adjunct work is exploitative. There is no job security. You put in a lot of hours creating a course, and receive little pay. The most rewarding aspect is the student-teacher interactions.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, good office staff
Cons
poor pay, no job security, no benefits
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Composition (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 18, 2019
I was a Graduate Teaching Assistant, and I feel that I had my supervisors to help every step of the way through training on in to teaching my first classes.
Pros
Wonderful, helpful supervisors
Cons
None, other than low pay
Very positive experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 18, 2019
My eight years at UTA were a very positive experience. I was able to learn and grow at the university. I had great camaraderie with the other employees around me.
Pros
Wonderful insurance; camaraderie with faculty, staff, students; ability to communicate with others either directly, via email, or by phone; enjoyed course swapping, allocating, verifying insurance, affiliation agreements; etc.
Cons
distance & no room for advancement in my position
Productive and Fun workplace
Software Intern (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 14, 2019
The University is quite good and the enivornment is good too. We had a lot of good professors who were quite motivating and we had a lot of projects for the time being.
Great people to work with.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 12, 2019
UTA has a wonderful staff. The people are it's greatest strength. When there is a goal to meet, everyone pulls together and does their part. Management is supportive and encouraging.
Benefits
N/a
Student (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Typical day is to go to class, study and do homework/assignments. Overall a very fun, positive and relaxed environment to educate self and I genuinely recommend UTA.
Great place for science and research enthusiasts
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Great place for science and research enthusiasts, many research programs are offered by the university, and alot of inventions are born there. Most professors are easy to work with and they will work around your class schedule.
Great Place to work
Academic Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 31, 2019
Very relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy my co-workers. Everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand. I would very much encourage anyone to apply for a job here.
Helpful for growth in field of education
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 21, 2019
The course for which I was appointed as Graduate Teaching Assistant, was the course, which I had previously taken and scored A. However, after I was appointed as GTA for the same course, I found my own growth in certain aspects of the same course. This was my most educational job at the college.
busy research
Postdoctoral Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Generally research at UT Arlington is not so competitive and face-paced, my supervisor, however pushed a lot. I totally understood though because he was a fresh PI. He needed a lot of data and funding to secure his tenure.
Pros
benefits good
Cons
compensation low, work/life balance poor
UTA employment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2019
UTA is an excellent place to work as an Adjunct Professor. My supervisor has been both supportive and instructive. I am comfortable asking for assistance on any issue.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
More job stability.
Beautiful Campus
RA/TA in CSE Department (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 9, 2019
I hope this is not required
Beautiful Campus
Nice food court
Very Quiet
Good environment for studying
Learn new knowledges
Huge GYM
Have to care about safety at night.
Great experience working there
Engineer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I learned the engineering skills needed to put them in practice in my career. The mission was emphasized by the company and we needed to follow the mission.
Life as a graduate student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I enjoyed being a graduate student at UTA. I was able to gain experience as an educator, and the math department was friendly and responsive. I would recommend this place to anyone.
Fun Workplace with supportive Managers
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Managing Master's degree school work and part time was never a difficult thing due to a very supportive team and supervisors at work. I was able to flexibly change my working hours based on my school work and still was able to give my best on both.
good for student, adherence, new topics
Graduate research assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 26, 2018
in this job i had the chance to learn new definitions regarding pipelines, common defects and enhancement in Microsoft office skills , all of that beside a good discount for tuition paid in order of university of Texas at Arlington for seek of earning a master degree in civil engineering.
However, no more experience is gained, my job basically is an assistance with a lot of responsibility on my shoulder.