University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

benefits
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 12, 2018
The medical benefits are terrific. They are free for the employee. The work atmosphere is pleasant. Management is very supportive. I learned how to process requistions, payment vouchers and arrange travel for the faculty.
Fun place to work
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 11, 2018
It was a nice and fun environment to work at. They take into consideration the fact that you are a student, and they allow you to work at your own pace as long as you meet your deadlines and finish your tasks.
Would not recommend working here
technical (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 9, 2018
This is the place that if you are not one of the "good ole boys" then you will not do well or survive. Work is always frustrating and management at all levels does not have a clue of what is going on day to day.....if they do then they do not inform their workers. The only way to bet promoted here is if you play nice with your manager other than that is just best to use this place for its benefits and leave when possible.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership, work conditions
Support Specialist II/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 9, 2018
I very much enoyed working for the University ofTexas at Arlington, fortunately since I left the position I was in was upgraded to administrative assistant and a pay raise was given
Pros
Great place to work, very diverse
Cons
Compensation for work load
Undergraduate research is an invaluable opportunity for students
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 6, 2018
Every research group will be different (and administration/staff positions are less relevant to this review), but my experience is that they are universally useful for preparing students for graduate research groups or industry R&D. Pay is on a per-supervisor basis and hours are bounded to less-than 20 during the semester as per university policy.
Pros
Great experience, Driven people
Worked as Resident Assistant and then Office Manager
Office Manager/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 4, 2018
While I was an RA I worked with the students to make sure they were following hall's policies and procedures. Also did rounds at night to make sure everything was quiet. Mentored students with problems, assisted in mediating some difficult situations. As an Office Manager, I trained the staff in the office and made out the weekly schedules.
Pros
While working in office we got a lunch card to use on campus, as an RA got reduced rent and a private room.
Cons
While you are an RA you work the whole time you are in the bldg. Even if in room, someone could need something and they call you.
Low salary
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 4, 2018
Salary is too low. No growing opportunities. Do not work for small departments or you won't be able to grow. There are very few opportunities for employees to move from one to another position, even for someone with a Master's degree.
Pros
Time off and flexibility
Cons
terrible salary
Graduate teaching assistant... not much else
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 2, 2018
I sat at a computer all day and answered the phone the entire 5 times it rang in the year I worked as an office assistant. I was given very little to do and constantly nagged on my our office administrator.
Friendly environment and authentic people
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 1, 2018
Great work environment for work study.
Job assignments are easy to understand and reasonably simple to complete.
The work culture was fairly relax, as long as your keeping yourself busy even after completing the required work.
Great job for a student
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Very relaxed work environment, great people. This is a great job for a student at the university as they are willing to work with your schedule and if you ever need off for school events they are fine with it.
great
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2018
It is an workplace to be fun, challenging, friendly, and rewarding. Great work environment. Very productive. The hardest part of job was visiting site in hot summer of Texas.
Productive workmplace
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Worked as a temporary employee helped with filing and scanning documents into the system. Learning the different documents that was required for foreign student to apply for college.
Cons
No Benefits
Grad Student Life
Lab instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Their tuition reimbursement is a bit slow so I would suggest being sure that your payment plan is in place before the semester starts so that you can still afford to pay bills and personal expenses.
Good place to learn self dependence
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 11, 2018
You are own your own most of the times and you will learn to be self dependent. Great bosses and awesome co workers! This particular job demanded your availability as and when required.
Pros
Lots of free lunches
Cons
No much breaks
Fun and Productive
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 14, 2018
Great Place to work. So diverse! Excellent location. Nice environment around here.
Has good benefits!
A little crowded and big area, sometimes there is traffic
Great Department to work for
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 13, 2018
I have worked in many different departments at the University, and no matter where you work, you always feel like a part of the family.
The criminal justice department was wonderful to work for. All the professors and the staff and even the chair of the department are relaxed and help you move past any problems or issues, instead of the traditional 'you figure it out' way that work places usually do.
You feel like you are accomplishing things in your student and professional life as well.
Pros
work on campus which is walking distance from food and gym, discounts
Cons
low pay for international students who by law are only allowed to work 19 hours a week
good work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 12, 2018
good fun work place, I was working as a graduate assistant and they pay you very well as well. They understand you are a student and are flexible with your class and exam schedule
Loved my leadership
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 11, 2018
The leadership here is always available and supportive. I felt needed and wanted there. My boss was super laid back and allowed me to be creative. I enjoyed working hard there.
I was a work study
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 6, 2018
Great place and people to work with! I would recommend this job to any Science major.
Why do i have to write so much in this section? WOW, super irritated with the minimum characters!
Very beneficial
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 6, 2018
You will be working in a lab environment and will have an office. You will be assigned office hours at which you must be present at your desk. You can work on your research at your own time. You must provide weekly updates to your professor.
Pros
Instate Tuition
Cons
Late night work