University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 3, 2018
I was a graduate student and working with Benito Huerta was humbling. I was able to mature and grow. Being an artist is very hard and finding different avenues to continue the knowledge and growth in that field has to be pursued in many different ways. I was able to help students and in turn they actually helped me in return. Overall great experience.
Pros
Great connections
Cons
Occasional bad student
great experience
Digital Reference and Academic Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 28, 2018
I loved my time as a library science intern at the University of Texas--Arlington. It was a great learning experience with great managers and work environment.
A decent university in the DFW area
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 20, 2018
I worked part-time as a TA.
Work hours are flexible and use of the TA office at any hour is a plus.
Management is a bit lethargic about doing their job.
Nice place to work
Fabrication Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 13, 2018
Good location to work in. A lot of amenities and resources at your disposal. Very sufficient and effective training for roles. Opportunity for educational and career advancement
Multicultural
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 12, 2018
The University of Texas at Arlington is very multicultural. You can communicate with people from different races and cultural backgrounds and everyone is nicely treated.
Very affordable
Visiting Assistant Professor (Instructor) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 11, 2018
I like Arlington Texas. The University is very much a commuter school. I prefer a traditional undergraduate group of strudents with sports and other traditional things.
Productive and interactive
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 8, 2018
I had a few jobs at UTA, the team is very helpful and considerate of obligations in terms of emergencies or off time. It tries to fit your time schedule that does not conflict with any other priorities that you may have. Overall, it is a great place to work, there is much room for advancement or trying out other departments to fit your qualifications A typical day at work is responding to emails, answering phone calls and making sure that every client has a satisfying experience. The managers of my department were amazing! They made sure that you were taken care of and tried to fit your desire work schedule. The hardest part is testing out things that you are not familiar with such as new programs.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Clients, Managers
Cons
Long days
Application Support Specialist (IT Specialist III) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 7, 2018
Great place to work and grow in your career. This institution is always at the forefront of technology. The institution's growth is evidence of this!
relaxed
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 6, 2018
Working for UTA but not apart of the actual faculty, working for UTA as a student, is a little harder because you want to make a lasting impact on everyone but you dont get paid well enough in order to keep doing what you are doing there.
Productive and fun workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 24, 2018
Great place to work if you are a student looking for a part-time job. Ambitious management.
A diverse population of student and workers.
Great weather
Wonderful Work Environment
Asset Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 21, 2018
No overtime required, but if you wanted they would allow you build up time. Great staff! Every easy going and a great work culture. The management and supervisors are amazing and always willing to help in anyway
A great place to work.
Research Coach (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 14, 2018
The research coach position is highly recommended for students who need supplemental income while working through their undergraduate or graduate studies. It has been a wonderful experience to work for the university as they have provided me with a fundamental skillset for future employment. The staff is more than willing to provide assistance with your needs as an employee and they make sure that you succeed.
Pros
Occasional free treats, and lunches from library events, study while working, very flexible schedule, comfortable work environment, friendly co-workers.
Cons
Pay
Good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 9, 2018
I worked in University of texas at arlington as research assistant in nanoparticles lab , in which i developed new tecnologies for thermal energy storage systems.
Part-time
Laboratory Safety Inspector University (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 1, 2018
I only worked there part time, and it was clear that like any other university they lean on the desperation of their students to exploit them for cheap labor and no offered benefits.
Was place of School not work
RN -Texas License #723491 (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 30, 2018
Excellent Place to go to school I am very thankful for the opportunity I had there. I was able to learn invaluable amount of information and further my career
Student Worker
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at the University of Texas at Arlington. As I was a student worker they were very open to working with my schedule, it was a very flexible work environment
excellent place to work
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 21, 2018
Great place to work; wonderful people and even better students. Employees treated fairly and with respect. Vacation and benefits package was generous.
Working
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 19, 2018
Typically being an admin assistant im used to being in charge of a lot of tasks. But being front desk for my particular office has caused a lot of anxiety. Working with college kids is very stressful. They pay a lot of money and want there classes. I enjoy the relationships that i have made but i am going to enjoy not working here.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
Cons
Angry students dont know how to channel there anger the right way, Being the front desk i got yelled at often
Wonderful place to be a teaching assistant
Enhanced Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 18, 2018
If you're enrolled as a graduate student here, this is a wonderful place to be a teaching assistant. The work cultural nicely balances your own education load with the teaching responsibilities and there is plenty of office space to get both jobs done.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 8, 2018
I taught economics classes as GTA in the early 1990s. My teaching was a fellowship requirement that allowed me to gain exposure to what would later become my life's major work activity. College-level teaching.
Pros
great faculty, personal growth and development
Cons
stressful with both teaching and study