University of Texas at Arlington Employee Reviews

I was a resident assistant.
Office Manager/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 29, 2018
As a resident assistant I had days I didn't deal with any problems and then there were days that I dealt with a lot of issues. We worked in the office 10 hours a week and did a rotation schedule for who was on duty at night. i.e. walk halls, answer the phone, etc.
Uta pd
Student Worker(MavWatch Student in Patrol) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 29, 2018
Is a great place to work with. Friendly people. Helps you learn how to work together. Very diverse group of people of all ages and aspects of life. With working with students it allows me to communicate better.
Productive and fun environment
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 22, 2018
Most times it's just regular routine but it sometimes comes with different challenges. The fun part is when the holidays are approaching because the ladies plan a lot of things and involve us as much as they can.
Productive and fun place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 15, 2018
People are hard working and very friendly.
I like working here. I learned a lot of things here.
It also has a beautiful campus.
Everything is good here.
UT-Arlington
Graduate Assistant for Athletic Department (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 15, 2018
A typical day would me showing up 15 minutes early and the other person leaves and gets paid for driving home. The other times my boss wouldn't show up and I sat outside his office and did homework...this is not a one time experience. I just would not recommend anyone working for the Athletic Department there.
Pros
You never know when your boss will show up.
Cons
Zero breaks for a ten hour shift.
Dental Lab instructor
Dental Assistant Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 4, 2018
The dental program was new when I started working there, but I have a fair experience with UTA and I appreciate the opportunity that I was given. I would do it again if it the opportunity presented itself.
Enjoyed teaching
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 24, 2018
Supportive administration when problems came up in the clinical setting. The pay structure for adjuncts needs to be restructured. Enjoyed the students.
Pros
Student
Cons
Paid at the end of the contract and usually late.
Good place
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 23, 2018
Helpful staff, several opportunities for experiential learning. The College of Engineering is the heart of the university, and has several excellent professors that are knowledgeable in their fields.
Relaxed
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 17, 2018
UTA was a very relaxed atmosphere with a diverse culture. Some management personnel were great, some were awful, as is true everywhere. I would recommend this job to most.
good place for part time job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 12, 2018
I was only there for a part time job because i'm an international student that had to work on campus because of my visa requirements. It's an easy going enviroment.
benefits
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 12, 2018
The medical benefits are terrific. They are free for the employee. The work atmosphere is pleasant. Management is very supportive. I learned how to process requistions, payment vouchers and arrange travel for the faculty.
Fun place to work
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 11, 2018
It was a nice and fun environment to work at. They take into consideration the fact that you are a student, and they allow you to work at your own pace as long as you meet your deadlines and finish your tasks.
Would not recommend working here
technical (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 9, 2018
This is the place that if you are not one of the "good ole boys" then you will not do well or survive. Work is always frustrating and management at all levels does not have a clue of what is going on day to day.....if they do then they do not inform their workers. The only way to bet promoted here is if you play nice with your manager other than that is just best to use this place for its benefits and leave when possible.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership, work conditions
Support Specialist II/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 9, 2018
I very much enoyed working for the University ofTexas at Arlington, fortunately since I left the position I was in was upgraded to administrative assistant and a pay raise was given
Pros
Great place to work, very diverse
Cons
Compensation for work load
Undergraduate research is an invaluable opportunity for students
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 6, 2018
Every research group will be different (and administration/staff positions are less relevant to this review), but my experience is that they are universally useful for preparing students for graduate research groups or industry R&D. Pay is on a per-supervisor basis and hours are bounded to less-than 20 during the semester as per university policy.
Pros
Great experience, Driven people
Worked as Resident Assistant and then Office Manager
Office Manager/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 4, 2018
While I was an RA I worked with the students to make sure they were following hall's policies and procedures. Also did rounds at night to make sure everything was quiet. Mentored students with problems, assisted in mediating some difficult situations. As an Office Manager, I trained the staff in the office and made out the weekly schedules.
Pros
While working in office we got a lunch card to use on campus, as an RA got reduced rent and a private room.
Cons
While you are an RA you work the whole time you are in the bldg. Even if in room, someone could need something and they call you.
Low salary
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 4, 2018
Salary is too low. No growing opportunities. Do not work for small departments or you won't be able to grow. There are very few opportunities for employees to move from one to another position, even for someone with a Master's degree.
Pros
Time off and flexibility
Cons
terrible salary
Graduate teaching assistant... not much else
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 2, 2018
I sat at a computer all day and answered the phone the entire 5 times it rang in the year I worked as an office assistant. I was given very little to do and constantly nagged on my our office administrator.
Friendly environment and authentic people
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 1, 2018
Great work environment for work study.
Job assignments are easy to understand and reasonably simple to complete.
The work culture was fairly relax, as long as your keeping yourself busy even after completing the required work.
Great job for a student
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Very relaxed work environment, great people. This is a great job for a student at the university as they are willing to work with your schedule and if you ever need off for school events they are fine with it.