University of Texas at Austin Employee Review

View all University of Texas at Austin reviews

Work-study position with lax atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 16, 2013
When I first got hired, I got hired as a filler receptionist, which meant I filled in the rest of the hours that were needed. That consisted of 17 hours a week in addition to the job I currently worked at Chili's and being a full-time student. Being a receptionist at the Sanger Learning Center meant clocking in students with numbered pins to either Math, Physics, or Chemistry tutoring. We helped out with printing out hand-outs, running errands to other buildings, or projects that were assigned by our boss. I became more familiar with Word and Excel and commercial printers. It was a nice job to have and my co-workers were other students with the same goal in mind: getting work done in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job really was just getting studying in because clocking students in could entail in reading the same paragraph for a while. The best part of the job really were the people. Creating good healthy relationships is always rewarding.
Pros
Got to study, meet new people, easy to get shifts covered
Cons
Employer change makes a difference

Other University of Texas at Austin Employee Reviews

Great place to work as a student
Student Building Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2018
The university is very accommodating to students. Hours are very flexible and intended to work around your class/studying schedule. The managers are very understanding that students' availability may change slightly throughout the semester.
Senior Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 13, 2018
I first worked for a department that believed in training Kindergarten through 12th Grade educators prepare their students for higher learning. It was very interesting to learn all the wonderful ways that they accomplished this using math and science.
Next, I worked for a department that worked with community colleges all over the nation. Meeting different Community College President and Board Members of those college was very enlightening. Many of the ideas that came about such as finding out why students would quit and not go on to higher education, and how to help keep students in school was one of the main concerns.
These people were inspiring and truly believed and loved what they were doing. These are people that are everyone should be like.
Pros
Inspiring work
Cons
Funding ended