University of Texas at Dallas Employee Reviews

waste to go there
Instructor at CS Outreach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other companies, offers, or websites
Productive workplace
Peer Advisor in Residence Hall South (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
Workplace environment was always very professional and neat and work benefits were great. Benefits included housing, a meal plan, and a stipend. Overall, the job was great.
Great work environment!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 26, 2018
The university feels like a small community where everyone works together. There is always events to attend and it's a beautiful campus to explore on your break. They provide many training opportunities to help you advance. It can be fast-paced and a little stressful certain times of the year.
Pros
Benefits, Retirement, Discounted tuition
Cons
Pay is a little less competitive
A Good Place to Work With the Right Supervisor
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 18, 2018
UT Dallas is a quirky, enjoyable place to work. I had a lot of job satisfaction because I liked interacting with its very diverse student body. However, the wrong supervisor can easily ruin the experience.
Pros
Work means something, great students
Cons
Not a lot of career advancement opportunties
Fun and accomodating place to work at
Referee (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 3, 2018
Really enjoyed my time working the staff for the Intramural sports here at the University of Texas at Dallas. Flexible hour shifts, friendly work environment. You are almost always working with college kids so the ability to build team chemistry with other staff members is quickly acquired on the job. The most important part of the job is professionalism and effective communication.
Pros
Flexible hours, development of strong communication skills, friendly environment
Cons
Small pay
Great place to work with right manager
Finance (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 29, 2018
UTD is a great place to work if you have a good manager.
However, it is not a place to grow a career as it is not highly encouraged in my experience. I experienced a environment where it was "who you knew" that got you the promotion vs true talent and efforts.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Poor management, gossiping, no true promotion opportunities
Student Mentor
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 25, 2018
Sit in the lab, monitor the computers, and maintain the workstation part time. Check in students who come in and out. Make sure everything is cleaned up by the end of the day. Temporary job.
Terrible Work Culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 25, 2018
I was bullied by my coworkers and micro-managed by one of three of my managers. Nothing was done to improve hostile office setting, including nothing done by HR. I would not recommend working here.
Pros
Free health insurance
Good Group Synergy
Project (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 24, 2018
The group that we had to tackle this project was rather good as they all worked together to get the work done. I was glad that everyone pulled their weight and asked questions when they did not know how to do something.
働きやすい会社でした。
ライフガード (Former Employee) –  Dallas County, TXMay 22, 2018
命を守る大切な仕事で単純作業もありますが、気が抜けない仕事で毎秒大事に働くことが大切だと学びました。

Want to know more about University of Texas at Dallas?

Ask a question
Great place to work as a student
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2018
Working as a student worker helps you with the process of understanding the culture in this part of the world, and you get to meet professors who can help you
Great job
Certified Inquiry Based Learning Educator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2018
I was picked for this position and I loved every minute of it. This was a job where I was trained to train others. I enjoy train others in their expertise. I have been put on this training team to develop leaders within school systems. These leaders would use Inquiry Based Learning within their pacing guides to impact teaching and learning of all students.
Disrespected by subordinate.
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 27, 2018
HR doesn't back up the staff but in full support of the supervisors. Years of experience is disregarded, bullied and gravely disrespected by new supervisor.
Pros
Colleagues in other departments
Cons
Direct reports like to complain about the work instead of doing what they are hired to do.
Flat organization. Not many opportunities for growth or advancement
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 20, 2018
There are many departments at the University that is growing and improving. However, the staff positions on the academic side have very little if any growth potential. The organization is flat and therefore lacks career advancement. When working for academics, keep in mind that many of the professors lack corporate experience. They are given supervisory and management roles but have little to no experience in managing people or setting successful processes. That said, there are many amazing professors that are passionate about teaching and they are great mentors for students and professionals. However, few of them are in managerial roles. The best part of the job is working with students. The culture is casual. The hardest part is working with unqualified managers with egos.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of Opportunity
Urec
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2018
I love this job, I just wish that there were more teaching opportunities. Personally, I prefer Teaching lessons to guarding any day of the week so only being able to teach twice a week isnt great.
Pros
fun staff, great manager
Cons
not enough hours
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2018
Perform activities such as summer camp, workshops during school breaks/Holidays and introducing the magical world of computer programming in enjoyable manner to school students in Greater Dallas area.
Peer Advisor
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 28, 2018
This job was emotionally draining as it so happened that we would work, study, and live in the same place. This job included working a desk shift, dealing with incident reports, on-calls that included holding a phone for emergencies overnight and remaining in the building for up to 48 hours straight. The meal compensation was used to pay PAs less, because the dining hall services provided mediocre quality of food and limited open hours available. The Residential Life staff that worked in the Housing Suite offices often disrespected the PAs in regards to the statement the job holds that all PAs are students first. Communication was poor as time requirements exceeded the fairness, because events would be required for PAs to attend that would not be informed about until later. Overall, the job does have perks with the people we worked with, but there was a lot of issues in compensation.
Great place to work for students
Entertainment Director (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 26, 2018
UTD TV provides a venue for students to express their creativity and report on news relevant to the student body. The media team are a collaborative bunch that work together to put out the best products possible.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benefits
The best summer you can experience as an incoming sophomore
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 26, 2018
Meet tons of cool people, develop leadership qualities, and eat free lunch most orientations. This is a great way to enter college and make a mark for your personal brand.
Pros
Free lunch
Workplace was a bit competitive
Veteran PLTL leader (Tutor) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2018
Workplace was a bit competitive. The management was good for a while but it kept changing every year and got worse and worse. Trying to talk to management and negotiate something rarely worked out in my favor. It was hard to balance school life and work life.