University of Texas at Dallas
84High
4.4

University of Texas at Dallas Employee Reviews

United States512 reviews
Great opportunity to focus on a field of your interests
I spent 10 weeks researching and attending lectures that deal with software safety, security, and reliability. I received constructive feedback relating to my project through weekly meetings with the Director and Assistant Director. I most enjoyed the fact that I was in control of the hours I worked and my goals for my project.
Its a good place to work
I love to work at UT Dallas, I am just temporary student assistance. Currenly looking for full time opportunity. I am also worked a s outreach tutor for python and MIT scratch
Great Work Enviroment
I have worked here for 5 years and had a great experience. The university offers great health insurance benefits to include vision and dental; tuition discounts, retirements and paid sick/vacation time.
Great staff
The job that I held at The University of Texas at Dallas is one that I will always cherish. The hours, staff, and organization were great. Great entry level job.
Good but not great.
Good company but no chance for advancement or promotion.
Management is Okay but far from great.

The culture is very toxic, walking on egg shells.

Hardest part of the job is doing office moves.

The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the students and faculty.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great 360 Learning Experience
It is a great environment to engage with students and faculty who place education as a high priority. Not such a great environment when the students don't care.
Love All Professors
It was a great experience working as a TA. I learned a lot and developed skills such as teaching and organizing. I helped students to understand course material and graded their assignments.
Productive and very flexible with my schedule
I was a part time student and the office I worked at allowed me to have the ability to work on my homework as well as do my job. They are very flexible and accommodate my student needs
ok
Es de las mejores unversidades del mundo.
super equipada
Continuance Learning
For those seeking personal and professional growth. This is a great place to work because there is much to learn. Even if you have been in the work force 10+ years, there is something new to learn at UTD.
Pros
Cons
Payment is low for Administrative Assistants
A workplace where hard work is appreciated.
Paid fairly and work culture is good. Everyday is a new learning experience. The supervisors involved are very supportive and encouraging. It can be challenging at times though.
It is what you make of it.
You can hate this job, or you can love it depending on how you go into it. You get to work with people from all over the world, which can be a great thing, or an awful thing, depending on your outlook. This job requires you to talk to a lot of people, and will definitely test your people skills. If you have no desire to talk to others, or work together to solve problems, this job is not for you.
Pros
Free food very often, very helpful professional staff, lots of down time
Cons
The work is hard, customers can be mean, workers can be a pain
student worker
good place to work.lot of learning experience and chance to meet many different people.
great place for finance students to work on different databases
Amazing college
The University of Texas at Dallas is a public research university with its main campus in Richardson, Texas. It is part of the University of Texas System. Approximately one-third of the campus is located within Dallas County, with plans to open an on-campus DART train stop on the Silver Line
Fun place to work, learn something new constantly, daily contact with students
I really enjoy my work as a TA at UTD. My supervisor has great trust in me and I have proven time after time that I am able to manage all tasks that are given to me and my balance my academic life and work life together with excellent results and top grades. Although there is a lot of pressure (I correct over 300 assignments per semester, as well as exams and projects), I always learn new things about the business and marketing world. The environment is friendly and everyone is very helpful and polite.
Pros
Experience overall
Cons
A lot of work, but enjoyable
diversies environment, respectful of employees, sufficient instructions for all
I enjoy my work as a rhetoric instructor as I am given a chance to teach undergraduate students even though I am an international graduate student.
I can make a good balance between my work and study as the time is flexible and the supervisors take care of our personal life needs and study goals and expectations.
Its an ok work environment, but not terribly exciting
If you want job security and benefits it is a good place to work. If you want higher end pay this is not the place for you. It is a a very ok place to work.
Productive fun place to work, and a good job for students
Office assistance job is pretty basic so long as you know how to follow directions there should be no problem. Management is very good about allowing you time off if needed for school or other activities.
Offer funded positions for graduate student but not that much support for a graduate student
UTD offers funded positions for a lot of graduate students yet their evaluation system is very old school and does not support students when problems happen especially for international students.
Working with veterans is the best!
As a student advisor and PAVE Team Leader i was responsible for analyzing interactions and coordinating monthly training based on student veteran feedback. Our volunteer and employee staff are wonderful and the reporting structure is well thought out. Great place to work while you earn your degree at UT Dallas.
Productive and Focussed Work Culture
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with students with different approaches for a single solution. A good learning experience in teaching and managing 50+ students.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas at Dallas. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4
4.3
4.2
Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.