University of Texas at El Paso Employee Reviews

Productive place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 15, 2018
I worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. My task involved grading students assignment and exams, maintain students record, and clarify their doubts. The courses were Microprocessor, Circuits and continuous time signal processing. I also worked as the lab instructor for these courses. My domain was signal processing and this job helped me learn more than just my domain. The workplace is very friendly. Professors are very helpful.
Flexible environment
Project LEAD Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Pass, TXSeptember 14, 2018
The main purpose to get a job at a university is either to network or simply rake in money while ago having the ability to flex yourself for a more manageable schedule with school and work.
Its a research university
Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Great place to work while your are getting your masters or PhD degree. Most of the supervisors are pretty chill and really helpful. Very flexible work hours
Great learning enviroment
Database Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 30, 2018
Monitor Ellucian Banner/Oracle systems;
Upgrade all Banner modules
Very laid back work culture but very productive work place. Started with Banner in 1998 and have been the Banner Admin for over 15 years.

Prior to Banner I was a Systems Programmer for a mainframe system.
Pros
Stress free enviroment
Cons
N/a
day
Social Work Student Assistant -Temporary (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2018
The work was great. I had lots of opportunities for growth. I wish I could stay there for a longer time. I recommend the place. The management is great. The pay was okay for a student and the schedule very flexible. ......................................
Pros
great
Cons
pay
Enjoyable place to work for
Accountant I (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 11, 2018
Good management. Easy going environment. Really enjoyed working for the institution. Learned to research travel policies and procedures to ensure that they were being followed accordingly
utep REU internship
Research Course Related (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 8, 2018
It was a good experience overall. was given a topic I was interested in and learned a lot about ssomething new. Got to familiarize myself with equipment I was not familiar with, that helped gather data.
Research Assistant
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 8, 2018
I enjoyed working in a research lab at UTEP, they were very flexible with my class schedule. The laboratory was very nice and had many new instruments.
Residence Life Assistant
RESIDENCE LIFE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 13, 2018
This job is a great balance for when a student is in school. Program provided a dorm and flexible hours for studying and school life. Staff is super friendly and help us a lot.
Educational and rewarding.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 6, 2018
Assisted manager and full-time students. The program was framed around first generation college graduates seeking a PhD. A typical day at work was researching, applying education grants and services for students. The office management assisted students in graduate school application fees, grants, scholarships and internships. The office management also assisted in cost of living assistance.
very productive , diversity, extremely motivated
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 5, 2018
University of Texas at El Paso has been a very fun, productive place to work , with a lot of opportunities and a very friendly environment.
faculty, staff and students are very accessible to the students.
Pros
friendly
Cons
Lot of open spaces.
Exciting energetic workplace
Assistant Director of Operations /Production (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXExcitiMay 8, 2018
Working at the university while pursing my MA degree was excellent. The two positions I held were fun and challenging at times but always beneficial to my development. A typical day for me would be handling operation over at the track ensuring things were up to par (travel , meetings, preparation for practice) followed by ending of the other half of my day at production working on material for other various sports such as graphics, videos and flyers.

I learned a tremendous amount while balancing two departments and gaining experience in two different fields at the University. The culture was relaxed while still maintaining a fast pace environment. The most difficult times during this process was balancing departments activities when they both had events going on. Despite everything I really enjoy the environment and people coming to work everything doing things I loved made my studies an awesome one.
Pros
Experience, networking
Cons
No benefits
Good Interniship
Internship (Former Employee) –  InternMarch 12, 2018
It was a good experience, got to learn a lot of real world knowledge, and also got to interact with young professionals who were on the verge of starting their engineering careers
Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 5, 2018
Management is very attentive, the workload is high, and the work is difficult, but rewarding. We have the mission to provide students with a good place to develop their skills, so it is always rewarding to see students achieve their goals.
Research
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 1, 2018
So far the best place to conduct my research. I came with a totally different knowledge of research, but one at The University of Texas at El Paso, I started to learn new things as soon after everything was familiar to me.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 24, 2018
I was employed there for four years. There were definitely individual people who made the job difficult. But I enjoyed my time there overall. I may not go back to the exact department I was employed at before, but I'd love to go back to the university overall.
Center of Access & Excellence in Teaching & Research
PhD Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 22, 2018
The department of mathematical sciences is poised to meet the new challenges for the field of mathematics in today's environment at a research university. The department has strong graduate and bachelors programs in mathematics, statistics and math education. The environment at the university makes research and teaching very exciting and collaborative.
Rewarding workplace
Gar Up College Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Working for the Gear UP was a rewarding work experience. As a College Enrollment Advisor, I contacted students to speak to them as to why they were not in college, and the services we provide to assist them. A fair number of students were thus encouraged to enroll in college, and I am very proud of being a factor in this decision. The entire staff of Gear Up is very polite and helpful, as is the staff at Valle Verde EPCC.
Collaberation among staff was not promoted.
Asst. Director of Internal Audit Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Work was somewhat satisfactory but much great good and accomplishment could be achieved with less bias management and a more collaborative environment.
Highly motivated research lab
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 4, 2018
I work here as a graduate student. I have both teaching and research responsibilities. The supervising professor for teaching is very cooperative and understanding. The research group is a highly motivated place. The atmosphere overall is very congenial and friendly.