University of Texas Medical Branch Employee Reviews

Very serious
Pediatric Clinic (Current Employee) –  UTMBDecember 10, 2018
The agency is good to work for. Serious about caring for patients. The culture is relaxed and desires to go above and beyond for the patients. This was my first experience with working in clinical work and I am impressed that the culture and attitude is one that cares about people.
Pros
Flexible
Clinical Research Associate II
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 6, 2018
I had a good time working at UTMB. The management is good and the infrastructure is great out there. However they should focus little more on the professional development for young scientists.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Clock in and clock out system
UTMB Correctional Managed Care
Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXDecember 5, 2018
It was a very eye opening experience. I was given the charge to ensure that appropriate medical care was given to an especially vulnerable population- the inmate population. I managed and saw pathology that I never would have had the opportunity to see as a family physician in a traditional setting.
Training
COR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 5, 2018
Overall I think that UTMB is inspiring for their employees if you can get under the right manager/leadership. Someone not trying to hold you back. The problem is, for a lot of the managers there is not any direct supervision, so if they are not following the mission you can feel like you as an employee don't have anyone to turn to. There is a department isolation feeling, on a boat with a rogue captain.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 2, 2018
I worked with the transplant patients performing PFT on them. I also enjoyed working with the physicians. I enjoyed working in the bronch suite assisting the doctors.
Enjoyable team to work with.
Standardized Patient (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXDecember 1, 2018
Employees are highly educated, like minded and Health Care oriented with UTMB's Mission in mind.
Working in this department is very enjoyable. The staff are kind and helpful.
Pros
Pleasent place to work for.
Cons
Not full time position.
Pick and Choose Company
Certified Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXNovember 27, 2018
This company condones inter company relationships even if they are already married. This company always have a freeze on raises and keeps it intact for years
IS Manager, Software Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 15, 2018
UTMB is a great place to work, and the retirement programs really make you feel secure. Most advancement is done from within, so an entire career within one organization is possible
Pros
TeleCommute
Cons
meetings
Expanding health system with rapid growth
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 6, 2018
Overall great place of employment. The system continues to grow and expand. As a nurse manager very busy working environment. The system is very demanding on nurse managers and does not always provide the greatest work life balance. Overall a very good system that does provide the opportunity to interact with a diverse patient population and very friendly staff.
Benefits
Cons
very educational and informative great place for growth
UTMB OBGYN CASE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 2, 2018
Enjoyed working here .Was a great place for growth very educational.I was able to receive my CPR license as well as my Fleet drivers license. I would recommend this job to everyone who loves the medical field.
Not Fun, Not Safe, No moral
LVN (Current Employee) –  Mart, TXOctober 26, 2018
Maybe because I work inside prision, but no leadership. Manger doesn't come to work, doesn't answer phone. we are left to make decisions on our own. There is no life work balance. Our leave request are ignored. We are ridiculed or fussed at for making our best decision, but we try to call our supervisor unsuccessfully, no do we get a call back to the unit. we have to clock out for lunch, but we continue working off the clock. We set alarms to remember to clock back in. Everybody calling out somebody clock is buzzing so somebody can run clock back in.
Positive benefits and retirement
Home Dialysis Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 26, 2018
Overall UTMB is a great place to work. I did not enjoy my last job there due to difficulty maintaining a Nurse Manager in the Clinic. During the short time I was there (2 years), I had 2 different manager and 1 interim manager that was not in clinic. I feel if there had been proper and consistent management in this clinic it would have been a much better place to work.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Patients were wonderful.
Cons
Poor management.
Correctional manages care
Infection Control Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TXOctober 25, 2018
Working in a prison setting everyday is different Often the guards in my opinion were ugly to the inmates. I liked the opportunity to make a difference one life at a time. In this settting they are often treated as just a number.
Pros
Benefits and great hours
Cons
Seeing inmates yelled at all the time
Good Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 19, 2018
A good place to work, particularly if you are in a clinical role. Non clinical positions are not as stable. Overall a great place to receive healthcare and the a staff that fully supports its patients.
Not productive,Managers are a Joke.
Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 12, 2018
Everybody are friends. No work gets done. Everybody walks around hanging out with their friends. Leaving the work to be done by one person. I had to send an email to coporate, to get them to see what was happening.
pretty good benefits.
mental health manager (Current Employee) –  Marlin, TX 76661October 7, 2018
First level boss was critical constantly. work load was excessive however they didnt want you working overtime, even if you were salary. difficult clientele to work with.
I like working there
Patient Greeter (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 7, 2018
I was a patient greeter graveyard shift. I liked my job but when it was time for me to give birth to my first son they gave m,e a hard time about taking off and also because i haven't worked there long enough to get maternity leave.
When it goes bad...
Department Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 25, 2018
UTMB isn't a bad place to work, until they start feeling pressured. Then you realize that you mean nothing to the cold HR staff and processes. I've seen many great employees let go with little to no rhyme or reason behind the decisions. at the end of the day its about whether the right person likes you enough to value your salary.
Loved my job
Radiology Planning Office (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 20, 2018
The job itself was great I had excellent training and was constantly learning more my direct supervisors and managers were always there whenever I needed them excellent group of people excellent benefits it was very hard to leave
fun place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXSeptember 19, 2018
a typical day at UTMB Requires, greeting patients, listen to their concerns and fulfill their needs.at this job, I have learned to be a decisive and to be quick at problem-solving. they have excellent management system where they work as a team to put smiles on patients faces. workplace culture is very fun, challenging and friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas Medical Branch. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight