University of Texas Medical Branch
69Average

University of Texas Medical Branch Employee Reviews

United States814 reviews
UTMB offers great benefits to it's employees. It is a well established institution with a great reputation. UTMB provides continous training and feedback. The most difficult part of my job was the work load wich affected work-life balance.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
not flexible/no work-life balance
So a “state agency” should be great, organized, structured, encourages teamwork, and provides a safe working environment? WRONG! Not at UTMB or UTMB CMC! They will work you to death, short staffed, no supplies, management is non supportive and always looking for ways to write you up. Favoritism and nepotism is rampant here! No moving up the ladder, no raises, and HR is no help, they are a joke and NEVER respond to emails so don’t waste your prescious time or breath trying to contact them. Everyone there is miserable and unhappy, employee morale is low, it’s just a depressing dump of an environment. So glad I moved on with no regrets. UTMB needs to be audited by another state agency to see how poorly it’s run!!!
Pros
Cons
The list is endless
You receive great support from management and there is plenty of room for growth. Coworkers are supportive of each other and help each other readily ...
WARNING ...They will use you to the fullest and then ruin your career. Be careful of the lies and deciet that goes along with this job. You cannot trust your coworkers...
Pros
The schedule
Cons
The nurses are better-that-though, And the boss respects nurses only, med-aids or anyone else is beneath them
Really know how to take care of employee. The work environment is suitable for all as well as the easy-going dynamics. My boss was very understanding.
It’s been years since I’ve worked at UTMB. I enjoyed my positions there. Always felt supported, room for growth and advancement. Benefits and wages very fair. If it wasn’t for marriage and relocation I would still be working there.
It’s an old organization, part of the state of Texas located in Galveston, it’s about 14000 employees, and there are many branches and clinics throughout the I-45 corridor.
I enjoy coming to work and knowing that everyone around me is puntual and reliable, the energy in the facility is positive and nothing but filled of people who want to give their 100% everyday, makes the day go by faster and easier.
UTMB is not only working wonders but is also building wonderful employees whom start off this way and then grow to families. The professors, managers and directors really work to support each and everyone of us. So please join us.
I liked working there..but the length of time to get in and out of the build g took forever. I didn't like the way the guards treated the health care workers that was a problem..also I didn't feel all that safe not enough security in the hospital.
I only work fourteen days a month. I have great co-workers. When we take days off, we cover each other’s shift. Overtime is not mandatory unless specified.
racial discrimination with faculty with top educational preparation from associate dean and director who absolutely does nothing but instilling in online students misunderstanding and lack of respect for faculty
Avoid working there unless you a clinical employees. Highly political organization. If you do not conform to their expectations or sacrifice your ethics, then you will be separated.
Supervisors are micro managers, two faced and harp on unimportant issues not related to patient care. No way to complete all assigned tasks in a shift safely for patients.
no comment. I did not enjoy my experience. I did not "fit the part" at UTMB. They overload certain employees with the majority of the work while the others are able to relax from shift to shift. I would not suggest anyone to work there until they replace management,
Very poor management. You must be a
close friend of management for job advancement regardless of your qualifications.

Nepotism is rampant and completely unprofessional. Yet allowed to continue.

Do not recommend if you are looking for fairness.
friendly staffs and managers with the willingness to teach every novice nurse to become an expert . skilled nurses who know and exhibit the essence of compassionate and holistic nursing care
This is a large and very popular Hospital care setting in the state of Texas. It was a very good employer which cares about its employees as well as its patients
I work with multiple internal customers who require indvidual and unique attention to their requests. I learn about the scope of their needs as well as their budget. I impart my knowledge of the laws & processes to assist and fulfill their request. The hardest part is meeting their sometimes impossible expectations. The most enjoyable part is watching a project be successful from beginning to end.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Current Management
It was amazing the good and the bad was just new to my world man it was eye opening and new experiences for all my life I did more procedures at this hospital than any i worked at ever I had hands on trying to help them. They don’t know you are trying to help d/t the speech difficulties.understanding became the thing that brought us together. Also the finally saw progress in their wounds and people translated and beloved in what we weeee doing
Great place to work! Great hours and benefits! Highly recommend working at University of Texas Medical Branch. Flexible hours; no weekends in my role.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Texas Medical Branch. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight