University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

It is a great workplace, I really enjoyed every experience working there
Instructor, Department of Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2018
Best place to build your academic career, the environment is conducive for a lot of reasons, training, learning, management skills, supervision I ended up playing all the roles being as an Instructor for several years. Overall the best workplace.
Patient care was exemplary
Receptionist - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2018
Excellent benefits and work environment. I was the receptionist and involved in patient care, extremely rewarding. I did not leave because I wanted to, laid off due to state cut-backs.
Pros
Only pros
Cons
No cons
if given a chance to go back to texas, definitely go back to work here again
Admitting Representative - PRN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75235October 11, 2018
very nice place to work, and my supervisor is so nice and very understanding.. my work place is something i will never forget, working with people and patients is something i really love
Great work, but fun to be in, very structured.
Research Scientist Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2018
Limited in Pay scale even with the right Degrees. Would need to be in a position there for many years to advance as well as have publications for research and other high profile science in order to advance.
Pros
Awesome place
Great Place to Work
Sr. ER Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
UTSW is a great place to work, with great people. I appreciated all my time there and how much I learned. I would recommend UTSW to work at to others. They do care about their employees.
Pros
Amazing people, diversity of thought is appreciated
Cons
No work from home
Favoritism and harassment
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2018
MSRDP on Brookriver is the WORSE department ever! Favoritism, harassment, micro management to say the least is what happens. Complaints to HR goes against you and there will be retaliation because of your grievance. Management sticks up for management even in their wrong doing. If you stand for what is right, you will be labeled unprofessional and argumentative, your voice doesn’t matter yet they say they have an open door policy.
Pros
Benefits are the best ever
Cons
Micromanage and favoritism
Great Starting point in your career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
UT Southwestern is a great place to begin your career, but management could be a lot better. There seems to be a disconnect between some managers and their team.
Pros
Benefits are wonderful!
Cons
Management is poorly trained
overeall good
RN Navigator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2018
Good learning experince, I enjoyed coordinating and navigating care. I would recommend this employer a good starting point for new grads. Great state benefits.
Great benefits
Research assistant I - Department of Radiology (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great organization - great benefits. You need to be self motivated to be successful. Research environment is good.
Impressed by state of the art facilities.
Good Place to work
Certified Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2018
Overall a good place to work, many areas to work in. The university is always changing to meet the hight standares for the medical profession. The slary was fair, they promote studing and advancement, always looking for ways to help improve ones self.
Department Specific
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75390June 11, 2018
This is an absolutely wonderful University to Teach for; However, be aware that you need to be acutely aware of the departments history and track record
productive
Manager, Accountable Care Organization (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2018
Excellent work environment. Management is supportive, learned to work with providers in ACO. Typical work day starts with meeting with supervisors and getting updates.
Top tier research institute
Instructor and Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2018
challenge environment
for a researcher, you always work more hours than 8 hours a day and 40 hours/ week but there is no extra payment for the overtime work.
Great place to work.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2018
You will learn a lot at UTSW and have the opportunity to work with/for some of the brightest minds in the countries. I really enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities to learn.
Cons
Challenging at times but that can also be a pro.
Productive place to work, great staff
Clinic Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75390May 3, 2018
Worked as a clinic staff assistant- float. Great team and very supportive leadership. This is a great team to work with. Must adapt quickly, constantly learning.
Pros
professional growth, healthcare benefits, compensation
Computational Biologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2018
Most people are nice. Working hour can be flexible (depends on the team your are in). Supervisors are supportive and appreciate our efforts. Campus is nice and clean. Great environment for biomed research.
Training is limited IMO. Pay is ok, but not much space to grow.
Job Culture leaves alot to be desired
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2018
A less than desirable workday. Can't really say that I learned anything as I brought all the skills required to be one of the most seasoned employees. Management is questionable. Didn't find anything hard as most of their techniques are behind. The most enjoyable part of the day, was interacting with /caring for my patients.
It was a great learning exp.
CLINICAL STAFF ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2018
Overall the Company and the pillars that UTSW was built on is amazing, just give it your all. And always go over and beyond for patients it will get you far and love what you do always.
Good Growth and Learning Culture
Division Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2018
Ability to chart your own course. You can take your career very far by offered training and opportunities. The ability to be supported in the work environment can be disappointing, but overall a good place to work.
Stressful work environment
Clinical Staff Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for UT Southwestern when I had patient contact. After working in clinics for 9 years, I was transferred to another department which was very stressful. New management was awful and did not have adequate training. People skills were lacking and former co-workers as well as myself were treated unfairly.

They currently have an ongoing problem related to retirement benefits not being reported to TRS . This issue has been ongoing for about 6 months.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible management