University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very big teaching Hospital, If you are very knowledgeable Providers and team will listen to you.
RN Utilization Review Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
Great place to work, must be flexible and willing to learn new ideas and responsibilities with in your department.
I was with the Utilization Review/ Decision Support team.
I work with the Observations and AdmissionTeams. Very Busy, very good knowledgeable Leadership in Decision Support.
Great
CLINICAL RESEARCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
Beautiful minds surrounded by humble people. Management is great and so are coworkers. Keep doing what you are doing. Find opportunities to increase pay
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
Salary
Wonderful Difference
Administrative Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2019
My time with the ICM course was perhaps one of the most rewarding times of my career. I enjoyed helping scientific brains learn to take scientific knowledge and learn how to convert that to clinical knowledge and patient interactions.
Accounting Experience
Accounting Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Typical workday was comprised in working with Excel spreadsheets to closeout grants/awards. Very challenging in so far as being able to make the numbers match. Very enjoyable and challenging. The people I worked with were excellent to work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Typical beaurocratic university
EDUCATIONAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2019
People in management don't really care about those under them. Many clock punchers and politics that take place (not much different than many places).
Pros
Some good people to work with
Cons
Beaurocratic
Best employer to work for in DFW
Research Scientist (Cancer Biology Research) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2019
UTSW was the reason I moved to Dallas. This is a truly diverse, multicultural organization, with genuinely kind and loving people as part of their workforce. UTSW has some of the highest medical, academic research and public health standards I have ever experienced at an organization in Texas, the nation. I had to move on due to career progression, but if possible would go back.
Pros
Genuinely kind and loving people
Cons
no cons right now
UTSouthwestern is not the most ideal place to work
Senior Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2019
My experience at UTSouthwestern wasn't the greatest experience. It is very hard to get promoted because they don't promote based on achievement, but rather the number of years in the dept.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Flexible work place miered in politics and bureaucracy
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2018
Although the mission and vision are great, the turn over is so bad that no initiatives are ever really seen through to the end and evaluated before somebody new comes in and starts another to "fix" what the original was intended to do. The training is non existent, the leadership is unaccountable, and the folks that have longevity, do not have the foresight and work ethic to make a change in processes and or culture.
Pros
Flexible, great benefits
Cons
politics, bureaucracy, turn over
Review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2018
Busy day at work, very educational, full of evidence-based practice. Great Culture, great team members, and great teamwork. Love my managment, and my patients are the most enjoyable part.
THE CPIU is a great unit
Clinical Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 26, 2018
I had a blast working with the team and helping the population we served, however, the team lead didn't seem like she was up to the job. Being able to work in the LGBT community was very comfortable for me and I really felt like I was able to be myself and use that authenticity to disarm the clients and help them more than I would in a clinical setting
It is a great workplace, I really enjoyed every experience working there
Instructor, Department of Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2018
Best place to build your academic career, the environment is conducive for a lot of reasons, training, learning, management skills, supervision I ended up playing all the roles being as an Instructor for several years. Overall the best workplace.
Patient care was exemplary
Receptionist - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 11, 2018
Excellent benefits and work environment. I was the receptionist and involved in patient care, extremely rewarding. I did not leave because I wanted to, laid off due to state cut-backs.
Pros
Only pros
Cons
No cons
if given a chance to go back to texas, definitely go back to work here again
Admitting Representative - PRN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75235October 11, 2018
very nice place to work, and my supervisor is so nice and very understanding.. my work place is something i will never forget, working with people and patients is something i really love
Great work, but fun to be in, very structured.
Research Scientist Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 7, 2018
Limited in Pay scale even with the right Degrees. Would need to be in a position there for many years to advance as well as have publications for research and other high profile science in order to advance.
Pros
Awesome place
Cons
Decent place to work - some negative work environments
Education Program Manager (Ophthalmology) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Good benefits - can be a hard work life balance. Depends on the Department as to how the environment is for the individual. Hard to transfer from one department. HR can be difficult to work with at times and recruitment process is challenging.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Can be negative depending on department
Great Place to Work
Sr. ER Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
UTSW is a great place to work, with great people. I appreciated all my time there and how much I learned. I would recommend UTSW to work at to others. They do care about their employees.
Pros
Amazing people, diversity of thought is appreciated
Cons
No work from home
Favoritism and harassment
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2018
MSRDP on Brookriver is the WORSE department ever! Favoritism, harassment, micro management to say the least is what happens. Complaints to HR goes against you and there will be retaliation because of your grievance. Management sticks up for management even in their wrong doing. If you stand for what is right, you will be labeled unprofessional and argumentative, your voice doesn’t matter yet they say they have an open door policy.
Pros
Benefits are the best ever
Cons
Micromanage and favoritism
Great Starting point in your career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2018
UT Southwestern is a great place to begin your career, but management could be a lot better. There seems to be a disconnect between some managers and their team.
Pros
Benefits are wonderful!
Cons
Management is poorly trained
overeall good
RN Navigator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2018
Good learning experince, I enjoyed coordinating and navigating care. I would recommend this employer a good starting point for new grads. Great state benefits.
Great benefits
Research assistant I - Department of Radiology (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great organization - great benefits. You need to be self motivated to be successful. Research environment is good.
Impressed by state of the art facilities.