University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

Department Specific
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75390June 11, 2018
This is an absolutely wonderful University to Teach for; However, be aware that you need to be acutely aware of the departments history and track record
productive
Manager, Accountable Care Organization (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2018
Excellent work environment. Management is supportive, learned to work with providers in ACO. Typical work day starts with meeting with supervisors and getting updates.
Top tier research institute
Instructor and Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2018
challenge environment
for a researcher, you always work more hours than 8 hours a day and 40 hours/ week but there is no extra payment for the overtime work.
Great place to work.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 8, 2018
You will learn a lot at UTSW and have the opportunity to work with/for some of the brightest minds in the countries. I really enjoyed my time with this company.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities to learn.
Cons
Challenging at times but that can also be a pro.
Productive place to work, great staff
Clinic Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75390May 3, 2018
Worked as a clinic staff assistant- float. Great team and very supportive leadership. This is a great team to work with. Must adapt quickly, constantly learning.
Pros
professional growth, healthcare benefits, compensation
Computational Biologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 28, 2018
Most people are nice. Working hour can be flexible (depends on the team your are in). Supervisors are supportive and appreciate our efforts. Campus is nice and clean. Great environment for biomed research.
Training is limited IMO. Pay is ok, but not much space to grow.
Job Culture leaves alot to be desired
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2018
A less than desirable workday. Can't really say that I learned anything as I brought all the skills required to be one of the most seasoned employees. Management is questionable. Didn't find anything hard as most of their techniques are behind. The most enjoyable part of the day, was interacting with /caring for my patients.
It was a great learning exp.
CLINICAL STAFF ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2018
Overall the Company and the pillars that UTSW was built on is amazing, just give it your all. And always go over and beyond for patients it will get you far and love what you do always.
Good Growth and Learning Culture
Division Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2018
Ability to chart your own course. You can take your career very far by offered training and opportunities. The ability to be supported in the work environment can be disappointing, but overall a good place to work.
Stressful work environment
Clinical Staff Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for UT Southwestern when I had patient contact. After working in clinics for 9 years, I was transferred to another department which was very stressful. New management was awful and did not have adequate training. People skills were lacking and former co-workers as well as myself were treated unfairly.

They currently have an ongoing problem related to retirement benefits not being reported to TRS . This issue has been ongoing for about 6 months.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible management
Some good team work... Good place to learn new things... Fun staff...
Materials Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Overall working at UT Southwestern I learned everything I can get my hands on. I want to challenge myself to bigger things, just didn't get a chance to get the opportunity. Also want to grow in the company and gain experience towards my degree.
A good place for research
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2018
UTSW is one of the biggest institutes for medical research. It is just the system was very complicated and you have to deal with many administration documents. The post doctoral position is a temp position.
Fun
Patient care (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2018
Working and performing assigned duties will allow you to remain stress free. Because you are working with an older population, patience is required and it's rewarding having the ability to directly interact with patients.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Vacations
Productive and great place to work
Billing Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I learn different things everyday here at my job. It's a great place to work. I do not engage with a lot of employees just my team, supervisor and manager. We come in and get our work done to meet deadlines and productivity.
Pso
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Not a bad place to work at, each shift is vastly different from one another. Some days can be hectic, other days can be relaxed and boring. The healthcare benefits are great, however the pay is not.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Pay
Good place to work.
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2018
UT Southwestern is a good place to work. They have a wonderful benefits package. The work culture was very supportive. Enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement.
productive and scientific
Research Associate, Department of Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2018
I have learned all new Technics in all my jobs.
Some days are busier than others.
You work with your own pace.
It is strong and reliable company
Benefits are good
benefits
Very Busy
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 27, 2018
A typical day at work very busy, as soon as I get there it's time to work which I love to stay busy make the day go by fast. Work place is very diverse.
benefits
Overload of Work
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Extremely and unusual high turn over in my department. I am not sure about other departments. I have worked at UTSW for a year and over 15 people have transferred to other departments and 2 people left the UTSW.
There is a lot of work and pressure to perform with little or no resources. It is not unusual for people to work from home and on weekends.
The department is toxic with at least two individuals the department praises but do not acknowledge they are the reasons for such a high turn over.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Poor management, no support, overload of work and constant policy changes.
Collaborative research-driven academic institution:
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2017
UT Southwestern, a renowned research institution, provides to opportunity for students to learn and perform scientific research are the highest level. There is an excellent collaborative culture which provides an excellent opportunity to meet and interact with scientists in different disciplines. While the hours are generally flexible, there is often high stress and poor work/life balance due to long hours required in the lab.
Pros
Flexible hours, highly collaborative
Cons
High stress, poor work/life balance