University of Toledo Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
WorkPlace Culture
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 24, 2018
Very focused on seniority so new employees have very little options for advancement, time off requests and changing shifts. I was not able to tolerate working night shift and 8 year time wait for day shift.
Pros
Level 1 Trauma
Cons
Everything is based on seniority
Utmc
Certified respiratory therapist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 13, 2018
It's a level 1 trauma center. It's just like any other job. It has it's pros and cons. You just have to keep your work ethic in mind, just like you would at any other job.
Finance intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 7, 2018
- Worked with a lot of executives
- Exposed to many different areas of finance
- Worked on many different projects
- Friendly work staff
- Great manager learned a lot
Very high-paced, sometimes stressful working conditions.
Doctor (Former Employee) –  Toledo OhioJanuary 22, 2018
Very fast paced, very rewarding, and a good environment to work in. Some days were full of stress, some days were without stress. But each day was very fulfilling and one would leave their completely spent for the day. I would not have traded it for the world, but as one gets older the pace sometimes takes over.
Cons
Healthcare stress
fast paced, multi tasking, rewarding by way of care giving, advancement
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Multi cultural facility - many minds produce excellent outcomes. Dedicated, hardworking, educated individual who cares greatly about peers & clients.
Pros
interaction with peers & patients, discounts, paid vacations, sick time, comp. time, good salary
Cons
At times, overwhelming hours but we adjust
Good teaching environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 17, 2017
I enjoyed working as a float nurse. Moved all over the hospital and it honed my skills in nursing. Also as a teaching hospital the ability to continue to learn was important.
Pros
Supportive
Big Brother
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 13, 2017
You are an autonomous worker until you hit their radar. Then, be careful because they have a culture of firing people. While I was there, there were many involuntary terminations.
Fast paced, critical at times, diverse
Resource Utilization CC/ Detox RN (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 7, 2017
Will discuss at lengths in a face to face conversation. Willing to answer questions via email. Experienced nurses are uniquely suited to this work due to their extensive knowledge of patient care, medical treatments and hospital procedures.
Safe and caring work place
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 30, 2017
UTMC is caring and provide quality care to patients. They care about the staff and the patients safety. They are always trying to improve and become better than before.
Nice benefits
Account Clerk III, Lab Tech I, Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 11, 2017
The swing shift schedule was the worst, fast paced, constantly changing environment, high employee turn over rate. Management only cared to save money never concerned with employee input.

Want to know more about University of Toledo Medical Center?

Ask a question
great benefits/great job satisfaction
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 24, 2017
Opportunity to learn on a daily basis, especially working in the department I'm in. Due to my position it is very difficult to take earned vacation time. Because of this, I have lost over $10,000 in paid vacation time as they only allow you to earn 350 hours per year. Use it or lose it. They do not allow pay out for vacation time unless you are no longer employed.
Pros
healthcare coverage, dental/vision
Cons
unable to take vacation time I've earned, monetary loss of over $10, 000.00 within last 3 years. Also due to "affiliation" with Promedica locally, employment is uncertain
Positive experience
Supervisor Cathy Benninghoff RN, MSN (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 16, 2017
I worked as a unit clerk part time. Overall the work environment was fast paced. It was a good learning experience. The patient population is very diverse.
The Emergency room is an awesome place to work.
Emergency Room Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 15, 2017
Love the job and the fast paced environment. It is never the same day twice. Nursing staff and Doctors are so friendly and kind.

I have learned so much working at my job - the diversity of people in the Toledo area, and how not to judge a book by its cover.

The hardest part of my job is trying not to get too involved with the patients.

At some times I don't feel management treats all employees the same across the board. Everyone can see this and it is just not fair.

The benefits we receive are among the best I have seen and I do appreciate my employer for them.
Pros
Work hours and being able to switch with co workers if needed
Cons
Poor Management
clerk 2 positive atomosphere
Food Service Worker/ Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 1, 2017
talkative
I've learned how to handle upset/ angry people,
I've learned how to brush the small things .
management for the most part is awesome !
Great place to work overall
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 28, 2017
I am happy here because I am lucky enough to work with a great team. Unfortunately not all departments are that way. I had a different position when I was hired and it was pretty terrible. I have been in my current role almost 2 years now and it is much better. I do not feel overworked and I am very happy with my management. We have a great group that seems to work very well together.
Pros
Great benefits, low cost healthcare
Cons
Not the best salary
Great place to eork. Great work experience.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 15, 2017
I work on the detox unit. It is very interesting. I have learned about detox, drug abuse, different type of illicit drugs.This has been a great experience for me. Staff is so helpful and is knowledgeable about their jobs.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Great Pathology Lab to work for
Laboratory IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 6, 2017
This Laboratory is has a great atmosphere and personnel. I loved working there and am only leaving because my wife got into a doctoral program at USC.
Learned A lot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 7, 2017
It was for work study, but it was good I learned a lot and would like to go back. it was pretty relaxed and everyone got along. The only thing was you really didn't make enough
Fast paced and fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 6, 2017
Working in this hospital is extremely fast paced and filled with employees who are willing to teach and help you better yourself as an individual employee.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 30, 2017
Management does not engage well with its employees. Not much room for advancement. Continually cutting jobs and very political. Sick and vacation days are good compliment.
Pros
Vacation and Sick Days