University of Utah Hospital Employee Reviews

Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2018
Hard work, long hours, exhausting and emotionally draining job. Fear culture and lack of trust in staff to make decisions or learn new things. People afraid of management.
Pros
trying to have plenty of staff
Great opportunity
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 27, 2018
I love working at the University of Utah Hospital. The pay is excellent, and the job is very fulfilling. Although there were problems with the department manager, overall I thoroughly enjoy my job.
Cadillac Healthcare
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2018
University of Utah is a teaching hospital and is a great place to work and advance your career. There is plenty of opportunity to grow into bigger roles. It’s a welcoming and friendly environment.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
N/a
Loved this job as I was able to advance up through the secretarial ranks.
Staffing Coordinator Resource Nursing Department (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 22, 2018
Answering phones, helping with staffing the hospital, medical secretary, CNA.

Learned computers.

Had good managers.

Workplace culture was great.

Hardest part was leaving due to reassignment of my husband's work.

Enjoyed working there.
Pros
Could go through the ranks
Radiology Tech Registered (Employee) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 11, 2018
I love working for the University of Utah Health! Expanding trauma one center with many opportunities to work with many different physicians, nurses and other staff.
U of U is great
Special Procedures Technologist (Former Employee) –  RadiologyOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at the U of U. They seem to have the best and state of the art equipment for the area. Physicians are fantastic and teach. Call schedule can be a bit dicey and the snow can make it difficu.lt
Pros
Best lunch
Cons
Parking
Working at "The U"
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2018
Overall, I am very satisfied with working at The U. I love my job, my coworkers are extremely helpful and supportive. Management is somewhat absent, but if you're performing your job well you won't need interventions from management. Though I will say that management does make themselves available if you need them, day or night. My only complaint is that RN's [and most other medical staff] are paid well below the national average per hour. With the increasing cost of living in SLC, I'm finding it difficult to stay in Utah longterm. Utah overall pays nurses less than neighbhoring states. However, The U is a great place to work.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401K, the collaboration of staff, everyone is very helpful
Cons
Pay
What I learned
Urgent care greenwood clinic externship (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 28, 2018
although it was only a 160 hour internship, I loved it. I have decided that this career is my passion and I wish to purse this job. I learned so much from this clinic and I feel confident with my skills now as a NCMA.
Loved my time here!
Medical Assistant Lead (Former Employee) –  Outpatient ClinicsSeptember 26, 2018
I was here for about 4 years and I absolutely loved it. Management was great and co workers were awesome. Managements cares about how you are doing, which you don't get everywhere. You get a pretty decent raise every year.
Pros
Pay, benefits, management
Cons
none!
Great place and great benefits
Patient advocate specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 25, 2018
Great to get to know patients and doctors. Staff is very friendly. The hospital takes care of their employees needs and concerns. I would highly recommend.

Want to know more about University of Utah Hospital?

Ask a question
Great people, great experience
Hospital Operator and Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 18, 2018
I loved working at the University of Utah while I lived in Salt Lake City. I learned several things about the hospital industry as well as working in a well-run office.
Call Center
Outpatient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2018
This was not the right setting for me. Some people can thrive in a call center setting but I wouldn't recommend it. I do so much better when I can see people face to face.
Very stressful
I would not recommend this clinic to any one. The clientele was very difficult to work with. Communication between co-workers was non-existent. Overall an extremely stressful environment.
Great manager
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2018
The current manager at this facility is wonderful to work for. You get good benefits and experience in patient care. Can be stressful at times but overall a good experience.
I enjoy helping patients
Medical Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 3, 2018
I loved working with the diverse group of patients in our clinic. I feel like I made a positive difference in their quality of life.

The biggest complaint I have is that my manager never provided support or additional employee coverage when someone was out of the office.
Pros
Health and Dental insurance, onsite gym
Cons
No support from teammates or management
Great place
MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND OSS II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2018
University of Utah is such a great organization to work for and its a huge plus that they are a teaching hospital as well. They do not judge you but will help lift you up.
It was a good place to work and you got to know your patients in the clinic which was great
Variety of position throughout my carreer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 5, 2018
I would recommend the universities for any person they have good benefits promote higher education and the pay is good and they're very good with their employees
Pros
They look out for their employees
Cons
Since there's nothing I have nothing against them
Busy department, love the staff I work with
Case Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2018
Coordinate everything needed for patients at discharge.

I have learned tons in the last 34 years. Admit & discharge process. Coordination of scheduling appointments, home care, skilled facilities, dme, transport, etc and hope to continue learning.

The hardest part of my job is trying to help a patient and everything falling apart on the discharge plan, this is a disappointment to the patients. When this happens we really have no control over the situation.

The best part of my job is when long term patients are going home and everything is set up for patient with smooth sailing out the door, with everything in place for a great recovery.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Paying for parking
Educational yet negligent
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 28, 2018
I learned a lot during my time at UUHC and everyone was so willing to teach but they seem to not care about the safety of their employees. While there I was verily and physically assault weekly to the point that I had to take days off to recover.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, large workloads, abusive environment
Great team environment!
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2018
I loved it there, the nurses were helpful, management was understanding and compassionate. I really had a lot going on at the end of my employment and they tried very hard to work with me. The only thing I thought was a con was that you cannot get FMLA until you have worked there a year. That means you cannot have any major medical incident in the first year, but how do you control that? Other than that the pay was great, I basically had the schedule I wanted (we made our own schedules), and my co-workers were absolutely amazing!