University of Utah Employee Reviews

Kinda fun
Program Interpreter and Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2018
Not much of challenging work is required. Being in the environment is fun, pay is good. Only problem I had was just you don't get too much of shifts in this place.
Great Company, however like many companies many internal politics
Payroll and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2018
University of Utah is a great organization that is expanding and is a very great and stable job. The reduced tuition is very nice, especially with the cost of tuition at the University of Utah.
Only there for a year
Photographic Archivist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 25, 2018
This is a job for a undergrad. I had complete mine and was transitioning from military service to the civilian world. This is not a good position for that.
Not happy
Outpatient Specialist for the Central Call Center (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2018
I went out on FMLA due to stress came back to work and they w=hauted me watched everything I did and made my job miserable and the management they caused approximately 20 employees to leave within 3 months due to the stress and the management
Great Residency program
General Practice Residency Program (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2018
Best place to work, live and learn! Utah is a beautiful place, there is so many things to do. You have the 4 seasons. Housing are cheap and the food are amazing.
Overall pleasent
Outpatient Services Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2018
The switch to Cerner (icentra, power chart) was not smooth and they system does not fit how University of Utah's processes. Making appointments and registration takes more time than it really should. It is a work in progress. I enjoyed my time there overall and was sad to go.
Great manager that provided tools for success
Marketing (Former Employee) –  West RegionSeptember 16, 2018
Good team environment, opportunity to work remotely and conference, training encouraged and highly supported. Environment for cretive solutions and out of the box ideas.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
New management
Great Co-Workers - Lack of Leadership & Work Life Balance
IT PROJECT MANAGER, UIT PROJECT OFFICE (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2018
Project Manage IT Unified Communications & Infrastructure projects only. Since I failed the PMP exam, I feel I am being pigeon held within these 2 departments. They love me and I like learning about new technology, I just have not had any opportunity to work on Softwware projects or get additional certifications, aside from what is expected: CSM, ITIL, I do love the people I work with and learning both sides of U of U, campus and UUH. Our Associate Director is working on all the software projects and not maturing our PMO. We have no best practices, processes, governance, etc.

Our PMO has a boss and not a leader; unable to take 30 minutes off without marking as sick time. Assumptions are made, keep your head down and do not be expected to be heard. Unless you are special to your boss, you do not get to make your own decisions, work from home, flex hours, and do not go on FMLA. When I went on intermittent FMLA, all my movements were tracked.
Pros
Retirement Benefits
Cons
Salary, Lack of Growth, Work/Life Balance, Unable to Work Independently
Absolutely Hated This Job
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 24, 2018
I worked at the call center/hospital in South Jordan scheduling appointments. Worst place I have ever worked. Management was absolutely terrible. They have a mile long list of everything you needed to say in a phone call yet they want your calls to be short. I failed every quality review because of ridiculous reasons. They train you for about one day before putting you on the phones to schedule for 5+ clinics and probably 200+ providers all throughout the valley. Then they would be angry when you didn't know a doctor's specific appointments/specialties when they trained us for 1 day. You weren't supposed to take more than 10 seconds in between calls but were also supposed to type up long messages to doctors and refill requests while on the phone with the patient. And the worst part is that they have nurses in the next room that you need to speak to if a borrower calls in about a mild cold or anything they deem as medical. Getting the nurses to answer was a nightmare. Would not recommend the call center to anyone out there. Seriously one of the worst places I have ever worked at. Not worth the stress for the money. I also got written up because I went to the bathroom and it wasn't on one of my 15 minute breaks. Nightmare.
Pros
Pay, Flexible shifts
Cons
Short Breaks, Terrible Management, Impossible Expectations
Productive and high quality in the translation projects
medical translator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 20, 2018
Job security if you don't mind poor management and low salary. Quality in general is not what I would recommend to my friends. I'm used to working with high quality companies, like Intermountain Healthcare. I always strive to achieve the highest quality possible in all I do.
Pros
For the most part, there is no micro-management.
Cons
Poor quality in other positions but mine.
University of Utah Concession Stand
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2018
A typical day at work would be a fast paced environment within the concession stand. You learn how to work in a timely manner with keeping a positive attitude. The workplace culture can be crowded if you have too many people in one booth, but it is worked out very well. The hardest part of working in a concession booth would be the heat, if it's hot out, or the cold, if it's in winter. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part would be working with your teammates, or even getting to know your employers.
Pros
Free lunches, snacks
Cons
Weather differences
Great work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 3, 2018
It is a wonderful place to work. Great balance between work and outdoors. Plenty of collaborations possible and people are always ready to help. I really enjoyed doing research here during my graduate career.
Good
GRADUATE/RESDIENCY ACADEMIC SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2018
Enjoyed time working there. There are busy seasons and slow seasons. The benefits are amazing and outweigh any downfalls of the job. Paid holidays are the best!
Outpatient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 27, 2018
There are a lot of great people, and lots of room for advancement. Customer service is great with a lot of happy people. With sick and injured patients employees need to be cheerful. The medical care is good with a lot of very dedicated employees.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
winter time
Flexible schedule and great culture.
UX Designer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 19, 2018
Enjoyed my apprenticeship at the University of Utah! Great pay which worked around my school schedule. Collaborating with various people with different backgrounds really helped me grow in my profession.
Great people, Fun work environment
USHER (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 17, 2018
Every event, we are greeted with a smile and told exactly what we are supposed to do for the specific event. All the workers are friendly and management is kind and understanding.
challenging and rewarding
Crisis Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Daybreak, UTJuly 16, 2018
Working crisis at the University of Utah has been an amazing opportunity for me to learn more about mental health and crisis response team. I work the outreach crisis team and love my job. I love arriving to someone who is in crisis and more times than not be able to keep them in least restrictive environment instead of hospitalization.
Pros
Able to help others
Ok
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2018
Good university but narrow mindset. There is a large bureaucracy here and everything involves alliances made with students and projects as part of the pawns in the game.
Research Assistant for Professor Scott Schaefer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2018
Very good work environment, top notch people all around you, great food options, and very nice buildings all around campus. Highly recommend for anyone wanting a job in the academic sector
It's a fun place to work/
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2018
It's fun to work there, and I work with a great team of people. The other employees are very understanding. There's always work to be done, and they don't send you home early. The work is steady and rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Utah. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.