University of Utah Employee Reviews

Great place and people
Defensive Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2018
A typical day at work was productive and extremely organized! I worked as a graduate assistant so I had to dedicate myself to work as well as graduate school! All in all, my experience was a good one!
Nice people and fun work
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2018
There's always another exciting project to start working on next. Leadership conferences, hosting seminars, and providing leadership development sessions are just a few of these projects. Great people!
Good.
Teaching Assistant, Data warehousing & Data Mining (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 21, 2018
It seemed okay to work. Since I was a student, had worked in University Of Utah. Overall work culture is good. The learning was good here in the university and hopefully god networking is possible.
a good experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, Utah, USMay 12, 2018
- The University of Utah is a fantastic school with lots of knowledgeable professors
- a very good work environment
- be respected by other coworkers
- learned a lot of good information from this job
Good Learning Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 11, 2018
Great research experience. Learned about MRI and honed my skills in MATLAB. Also was able to present research in public forum. Learned about cardiology.
Pros
Learned research skills
Cons
Low pay
University of Utah
Epic Application Analyst / Builder (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2018
Workplace is very quiet and unless its a training for Medical staff. I've trained ALL Medical Staff on different Epic Modules and have enjoyed it for the past 71/2 years.
Some locations are good, some are horrible.
administrator (Former Employee) –  University of Utah HospitalMay 9, 2018
There are many places on the University of Utah that are great places to work. Except for high deductible health insurance, which is uniform, different departments and divisions have a completely different work ethos, culture, etc. I worked at University of Utah Hospital for 16 years, with only the last two years being awful due to some politics you might have read about in the paper, which resulted in the firing of the VP for Health Sciences. Unfortunately, that situation resulted in a complete lack of oversight downstream and allowed my bad boss to show his true self.

Until the last couple of years, it was a great place to work, doing interesting things that were meaningful. I hope it recovers soon and gets back to being its good self. Salaries are low for the workload, and although management brags about the health insurance, my friends in industry said it sucked, and when I changed to an industry job I found out that they were right. Not a good place to have a chronic health condition (and yes, I do see the irony).

Having said all that, there are many great people, I just happened to be supervised by a clunker.
Pros
free bus pass, the non-medical campus is cool
Cons
they will use you up and throw you away at University Hospital
Productive and Fun workplace
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2018
University of Utah is an excellent place to work with amazing benefits. IT is located in the beautiful salt lake valley and allows for various outdoor recreational activities
It's a university; not much more to say
Tutor/Grader (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2018
It's a lovely place to work, but getting full-time jobs of any value can be exceptionally competitive. The primary difficulty is dealing with prima donna professors; but the management is highly skilled, fair, and reasonable.
Pros
It's a university!
Cons
It's a university...
Good place to work but no real tenure
Tenured Professor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2018
The place to work ins excellent, with good students, may resources and easy access to all areas of research. Is very competitive, but in particular, the school of medicine does not have a real tenure for professor, so as you lose your funding your salary decreases and it is an option of the chair to determine if you can continue working at the departments. No working space or salary is assured.
Pros
Excellent people and workers
Cons
Not real tenure plan.
Fun place to work
Club U Camp Counselor & Flex Staff (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 30, 2018
Club U is a fun and reasonable camp for counselors. Counselors are able to be creative and lead their groups through fun activities. A great way to spend a summer!
lame
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 25, 2018
No matter how hard you work, nothing gets done because management is a bunch of retards who where given the jobs simply for being friends with the boss and not for the skills they posses
Great education
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityApril 24, 2018
Wonderful, engaged instructors. Great bonding with colleagues and information sharing. Great clinical rotation with personal preferences taken into consideration.
productive
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  salt lakeApril 19, 2018
good supervision and mentorship.
Supportive learning environment and great exposure to academic work process. Fair compensation, and professional development
I was a research assistant
Research Assistant, for Professor Young Ran Kim (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 18, 2018
The job I had as a research assistant was fun and engaging and challenging. It was not for pay, but for credit. I can't really opine on the pay rate or structure.
Collaborate and competitive environment
Study Coordinator/Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2018
I honestly love working in my department at the U. However there are no opportunities for career advancement.

During my time at the U I have been exposed to a diverse set of employees and coworkers who really want the best for everyone around them.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Competitive
Good
Research Assistant, Wittwer Lab (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2018
Open exchange of ideas, lots of room to explore. Flexible hours. Many transfer opportunities. Large organization. Academic pace. Opportunities for spinoffs or private-sector collaborations
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 5, 2018
It can be fun working with your friends. During half-time football games, people can get very mad and impatient when it gets busy and it takes a lot to stay calm and deal with them respectfully.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Rude customers
Good for Students
Research Assistant Dr. Ryan Stutsman (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTApril 5, 2018
Working at the U is a great option for students. I would recommend being both a teaching assistant and a research assistant to new students looking to expand their skills.
Great institution
Human Physiology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 2, 2018
This institution is an amazing place to work. Everyone is professional and willing to help you learn. They have high expectations of you, but will help you succeed in meeting those expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Utah. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight