University of Vermont Employee Reviews

Great support from higher officials.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTSeptember 9, 2018
Working at UVM was a great experience that I'd recommend to anyone considering a position in academia. Of course, every department is different, but in my experience there were plenty of opportunities for professional development (opportunities to attend conferences, staff trainings, and more), and my supervisors (and my supervisors' supervisors) always seemed to be open for support.
great
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTAugust 28, 2018
University of Vermont is a good school. It's not for everyone because it's very small and you have to be very dedicated to student life to be successful.
Great Work-Study
Facility Operations Supervisor, Campus Recreation (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJuly 22, 2018
Loved every second, lots of opportunities for professional development during my undergraduate career at UVM. Great supervisors and staff, really valued my time here.
Amazing university
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 25, 2018
This was a beautiful school and campus. Professors were knowledgeable and always willing to help students. There was always an opportunity to explore other interest, lots of great clubs.
Na
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 22, 2018
UVM was a great school and excellent research opportunities for undergraduates. I would recommend anyone to work for the school if they have the opportunity to do so.
Science
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 7, 2018
The most scientific job I've had so far. Working at the molecular biology level which included training mice for operant behavior experiments and perfusions in order to extract the brain and the tongue for molecular studies involving the possibility of new taste buds and how certain areas of the brain react to these new tastes.
I was Just a TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 5, 2018
not much to talk about, I just worked as a teaching assistant.
Work was not intense, but sometimes is annoying, you have to deal with all kinds of students complaining their degree is too low and ask for more for ridiculous reasons.
Overall UVM a good place to work.
As an adjunct it is okay.
Guest Lecturer/Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 26, 2018
No matter how hard you work or how good your evaluations are there is no guarantee that you will have any other work with them come the next semester. It is an extremely demoralizing place to adjunct.
Great People Make this Place Special
Coordinator Catamount Recovery Program (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 12, 2018
I loved every minute at UVM. Incredible people driven by an outstanding sense of community and values. Egalitarian work environment, new ideas are honored, and the staff is well supported.
Work Study
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMay 8, 2018
Helping other students is something that I've always enjoyed and having the opportunity to do so at the University of Vermont was rewarding. The other students that I had a chance to interact with on a daily basis were also wonderful.
Teaching Assistant
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 26, 2018
I worked with 3 separate professors to help them TA their undergraduate classes. It allowed me to get to know them better and to gain professional experience.
UVM Tutoring Center Review
Student, Thermo-Fluid Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 13, 2018
The tutoring center is very flexible with hours and a good way to interact with students outside of your discipline. Would recommend to anyone considering being a tutor. The work is rewarding and fairly easy to manage.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
University of Vermont is a good place to work in
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 12, 2018
A typical day at work is to run an experiment or teach classes. We are taught cell and molecular biology techniques. The workplace culture is friendly.
UVM Work Study
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTMarch 30, 2018
I was a work study at the graduate college for UVM. It was a nice job to have during college because it was so relaxed. I often did basic office tasks so it was not stressful.
Great way to work while being a student
Davis Center Information Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 11, 2018
This job helped me make some money while not having to leave campus. Overall a great employment option. I was able to work in an air conditioned room every day, and was able to interact with the student body.
good experience
Senior Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTFebruary 7, 2018
While the experience was great the hour logging system is confusing and I'm not exactly sure who is in charge of my employment vs who is my boss. Overall though, great experience!
Wonderful learning experience
Biomedical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTNovember 15, 2017
The program I was apart of lacked structure which was something I was disappointed in, but was very pleased with how approachable and helpful the staff were in helping me grow as a blossoming engineering student and introducing me to new processes.
Great as a Student
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 25, 2017
My job was specifically geared toward current students. As a graduate student I was able to receive both pay and some tuition help for my both of my Graduate jobs. The people was great and it was a fantastic staff and University to work with.
Great workplace
Physics Department Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 16, 2017
Many opportunities to learn & grow professionally. Great people, work environment, and superb benefits. Greatly enriched my professional life in every aspect.
Solid employer
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTOctober 14, 2017
Pros
-Large university with great benefits
-Tuition remission
-Great atmosphere/sense of community
-Cannot speak on all of the departments campus-wide but most seem to be an enjoyable place to work, good hours, etc.
Cons
-UVM does not prioritize employees' ability to move upward/career progression. A hard-working employee who has grown within their position and taken on additional responsibilities struggles to get approval for a promotion. Almost seems as though the University looks for reasons not to promote employees which is frustrating because the pay is not great.
Benefits
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Vermont. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight