UVA has a highly competiive athletic department and staff are expected to be the role models and leaders with that vision of excellence
Sport Psychologist (Former Employee) – Charlottesville, VA – January 20, 2018
1. scheduled mental health and/or performance appointments with 10 athletes/day. Worked closely with coaches, strength/conditioning, academics, nutrition, and athletic medicine.
Attended practices and competitions. Collaborated with other university mental health and medical resources.
2. this program was the first of its kind at UVA. Work load required that I hire an additional full-time psychologist. Also, provided two 10-hour/week supervised opportunities for doctoral-level psychology graduate students
3. Workplace culture was competitive and collaborative
4. Most challenging part of the job was working with extreme clinical mental health issues of student-athletes
5. Most enjoyable part of this position was seeing student-athletes matriculate through 4 years of demanding academic and athletic requirements, graduating, and going on to the next phase of life.
financial and administrative support