University Of Washington Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Part Time Student Employee
Student Assistant, Football (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2018
Working as a part time employee at UW was an overall enjoyable experience and would recommend for anyone who is a student there looking for part time employment.
UW medical Center
Perdiem Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 10, 2018
Adult Critical Care; ICU, provide care for diverse and complex patient population, including post-operative heart, liver, and lung transplant recipients, cardiothoracic and med-surg, spinal cord injury, bone marrow transplant patients.
Very intelligent people
Registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2018
I find this place a really good place to work if you have the right crew to help and teach you. This is probably the most challenging job that I've ever had in my life. Very hard workers here.
Pros
A lot of education to be had here
Cons
With my particular group it's tough in their style of teaching
Great positive work environment
Physical Therapy Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 2, 2018
I thought the greatest thing that came out of being a student assistant at the UW Medical Center was that it was a teaching medical center meaning all the staff were more than happy to give more insight and knowledge into their respective fields.
Stressful but rewarding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 27, 2018
My time at the University of Washington helped sculpt and mold many of my professional skills. Fast paced and ever changing there was no "typical day". Everyday was a new practice in adapting.
Cons
No room for advancement
Ok place to work
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2018
UW works in conjunction with the Bill Gates Foundation. They receive grants to support projects related to health for the greater Seattle. Projects keep us busy. The UW campus is located in various parts of Seattle. Mostly, I worked in the University Village. Good bit about UW - if offers projects that helps you to develop your skill sets.
Good place to work for
Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2018
I was hired as a fresh out of college grad and couldn't have been happier working for any other organization. The company supported my growth and provided me with a lot of learning chances and to continue developing my skills. My supervisor was the best in that she gave me complete freedom to do what was best suited for my working style without compromising the mission of the company.
What I've learned
Undergraduate Research Student (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 19, 2018
University of Washington Bothell offers variety of jobs for students. The jobs taught me to connect and collaborated with my colleagues. Also I learned to troubleshoot and fixed problems that arose in certain situation.
Excellent Healthcare Facility
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 17, 2018
UWMC is a very highly qualified place to provide and receive care. Management was supportive. Many educational experiences were offered and obtained.
Good place for retirement and job security/ best place to retire/ so rigid and system doesnt change
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 5, 2018
Best place to retire/ rarely to find youth mangers/ rigid system/routine/ inflexible/ no snow days off for the medical center/ people are friendly/ best job security
Pros
Reirement plan
Cons
inflexible
great teen job
Vendor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed volunteering as a vendor during my teen years I learned a lot of customer service skills and how to function positively as a member of a team.
Pros
great experience, great co workers
fun
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 2, 2018
work as research associate
lab manager
research on materials Science and Engineering
Mentoring undergraduate and graduate students
Publishing papers and attending conferences
Working for a State University
Organizational Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2018
Working for the University has it's benefits as far as benefits package over you base salary. The hours are flexible depending on your position you can work remotely.
Collaborative environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2018
The department has a collaborative nature and while the research is fast-paced, everybody is still friendly. There is a minimum discount for public transportation for staff.
Willing to try new things to improve patient care
Program Manager/ Practice Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 29, 2018
Typical day....wore many hats. General workplace culture could be improved a bit but the teams I worked with were great. Please listen to your subordinates, sometimes they have the best ideas on how to fix things. Best part of my job was being able to act as a complexity busting practice consultant. Hardest part of my job was being able to forsee things that needed to be done but having to deal with bureaucratic and resource challenges to get these changes made.
Educational workplace
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2018
This is a learning facility and it teaches all aspects of the dentistry field, from all different specialties in the dental field. working and learning new things
College Student on Campus work study
Front Desk Assistant & Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 16, 2018
Performing the jobs of a normal receptionist, management were strong mentors to this day, high-spirited culture, enjoyed preparing for events and assisting in events.
I had a great experience at UW
Structural Engineering Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMay 14, 2018
My experience at UW was very worthwhile. The professors in the Civil Department were top notch. I would recommend this program to anyone interested.
highly focused on complete care for the children with autism and their families
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 6, 2018
The UW Autism Center was an outstanding place to work. From the head of the dept to the admin staff, the focus was always the child and the family. All staff had the flexibility to get the job done in the best way possible for the person doing the job. There were definite protocols to be followed and freedom in how to use them for the individual staff member as well. It was a very collaborative environment.
Pros
flexibility of job duties, highly supportive staff and great benefits
Cons
no direct training, high volume of daily work
Great place to learn on the job
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 2, 2018
The benefits and culture are awesome but the opportunity for career growth and compensation are lacking. If you are very motivated, have a supportive supervisor, and your department isn't already top-heavy, you might be able to move up and grow within your department. However, the UW organizational structure is fairly rigid and employees, in general, are under utilized and could be challenged more. This can breed some complacency which is not good for overall morale. It's possible to find the right department and situation but the pay is under state control.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, educated empoyees
Cons
Low pay, rigid organizational structure, little opportunity for growth