University Of Washington
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

University Of Washington Employee Reviews

Found 1,172 reviews matching the search
I sorted paperwork and observed athletes getting evaluated for injuries. it was really interesting and everyday was filled with different experiences.
Pros
hand on experience
Cons
unpaid
State pension benefits.Educational focus.Supportive Clinic Chief.Diversity encouraged.4 and 5 day work week option.Onboarding and training/scaffolding.
I loved working at the University of Washington. I wish I could have spent more time there. It's a great place to work and the staff was very friendly.
Pros
Great flexibility, Not multiple bosses
Cons
Limited contract, could of used more time off
I am grateful to be part of such a wonderful place to work, thanks UW the team is great, the work culture is very nice and management understands when you have a difficult time at home, so they have been always accommodating and flexible as much as they can.
- will train you for job- good hours for a student- opportunity for growth - good management - has diversity- good pay for position - understanding of schedule
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
The University of Washington offers okay benefits (health insurance), but does not pay employees enough, though this seems typical for universities...
I liked my colleagues but the work was stressful. My supervisor wanted us to put in overtime too often.Work life balance and pay could have been better. I learned a lot that I can apply to advancing my career.
Pros
Great colleagues and lots to learn.
Cons
Work life balance not great. Pay too low.
I worked as a research assistant for over two years. The work is fun and interesting but the pay isn't enough. UW can't match what other companies can offer. Other than that, its a good place to work
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
pay isn't fair
Everyone is really friendly and helpful. Higher ups really care about making sure you succeed in your work and support is always offered whether for work or personal matters.
I'm a phd student with stipend. In our department, there is not much flexibility in choosing your preferred research assistantship / teaching assistantship. But in general it is pretty flexible in terms of selecting dissertation advisors.
I started working at UWMC as a new grad in 2012. I planned on working for 1-2 years for initial experience before switching over to hospice nursing. However, I loved my team and work culture so much I stayed there until I graduated from my NP program. Extremely supportive management, caring co-workers, culture of excellence, and great work-life balance.
Pros
management, culture of excellence, supportive team
Cons
the typical cons that come with large healthcare organizations
Management does not care about their faculty. Very liberal agenda. Preach diversity, inclusion, equity, but only if you think like they do. Not very inclusive or tolerant of other ways of thinking in their students or their faculty.Workplace culture is toxic, significant staff & faculty turnover, but they don't care. In fact, they want to change the culture through attrition.Hardest part of the job, putting up with the administration and the direction they are heading. The program is imploding but they don't see it.Most enjoyable part of the job, actually teaching and interacting with the students.What I've learned, I need to find a new job or retire.
Pros
working with students
Cons
Toxic administration & culture
There are so many policies, levels of management, other stakeholders and politics that its difficult to get anything done. And forget about being creative- its an "its always been done this way" culture. The key to success is not to voice opinions, ask questions or suggest changes. If you go with the flow and mirror what long-tenured employees do, you'll be fine. Pay isn't great but the benefits are. Especially retirement- which is why so many people stay so long.
Pay is good.Culture reflects Pacific Northwest mentality.Very cliquish overall.Advancement is promoted in theory.Lots of smoke and mirrors.Benefits are great.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
I enjoyed working in the eScience institute at the University of Washington. The job description was clear and everyday we had spotlight meetings discussing ongoing projects
Pros
Ver
I love my job. My work is taught to me well and the management does not bother me. They allow me to work. No sweat off my back. I go to work happy.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Teaching to students with little to no practice in yoga made for a wonderful learning experience. Students were curious and fun to be around. Management was helpful and friendly.
Pros
Awesome facilities, helpful staff
I worked at UW Urology/Urogynecology clinic and it's a good job if you're okay with being in a fast-paced and stressful environment (my clinic had over 10 practitioners, so a lot of schedules to manage). I left only because of a lack of room for advancement with my position, but my supervisor was great and I had a hard time saying goodbye to colleagues. UW has good benefits as well and my commute was great, so overall I would recommend working here.
The salary is pretty low compare with normal standard and people who work there think as 'it is the job'. There are no future advancement and no promotion. If you want to work hard and want promortion or raise, this is not the place to work. If you are the person, 'do the job for the day and go home if it is done or not', this is the place to work. It is pretty sad place to work but everybody have different value for job. Taking time off is easy. Management is terrible and we have to follow the manager as he said, even it is not right or not good quality. There are no directions and not enought budget, and just not well organized because of lacking mission, direction and future goal. It is pretty much neglected from the department of UW. It is huge mess.
Pros
great benefit
Cons
bad management and low salary
My summary says it all. I don’t care to waste more time on this sad company. It’s not worth the drama. Everyone is miserable but too old or scared to leave. Not I. I walked out and never been happier. You can put the job first and be the hardest working smartest person there but if you get someone fixated on you it won’t stop until you leave. Once I left and starting temping looking for another company that’s a good for everyone had the same taste in there mouth about the same people. Management! I wouldn’t waste my time.
Pros
Guaranteed hours
Cons
Everything else you can imagine
Great place to work, good experience, tuition waivers offered in some instances. Friendly staff, great way to get to know local firms in the Seattle area.