University of West Florida Employee Reviews

UWF is a very good work place for the full time instructores.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 30, 2019
For years, I have had a negative feeling about being an adjunct instructor, with a lot of experience in teaching on line and in the classroom. An adjunct instructor is someone who is hired by a college to teach but isn't a full member of the faculty. It is very well known that the adjunct instructor position is one with an uncertain future, and will never be seen as a full faculty member. An adjunct instructor is also ineligible for tenure. I would love to stay teaching at UWF if they gave me a full time teaching job. They offer a good salary with an excellent benefits package. Unfortunately, most universities these days would rather hire several adjunct instructors rather than hire one full time professor. I hope one day this attitude towards us will completely change.
Pros
Enjoy teaching students.
Cons
Low salary, no benefits.
It was ok
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING INTERN (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 30, 2019
Relaxed job not too busy restaurant side, banquets is where the real work and money is made. What doesn't make sense at the end of each night there is no closing manager. All managers come in early and none stay till close. Only when they started firing people did the kitchen manager have to stay. Very lazy. When a manger contradicts themselves, and is repeating so you lose much respect for them.
Great place to work.
Group Fitness Instructor/ Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FloridaJanuary 2, 2019
My position at UWF is classified as OPS. I am therefore considered part time and not afforded any benefits, (other than use of the recreation facility, because I work there). For that reason I cannot answer a lot of the questions asked in this survey because they do not apply to my situation.
Terrible Management, surprisingly close minded
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 31, 2018
Management was slow and ineffective. When I was harassed by a coworker, I was blamed for the harassment. When they asked for ideas/opinions, what they really wanted was someone to just brown nose, which I was unwilling to do.
Great work culture.
Strategic Leadership Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 25, 2018
Excellent place to work.

I work as strategic management teaching assistant for Global Hospitality and Tourism Management and I am an international student. The equality at work and support from the management is beyond fabulous.
Awesome!
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 14, 2018
I found my work as an assistant researcher rewarding, productive, and enjoyable. It was a great learning exercise for me, and it helped me grow research skills while working on an interesting subject. Loved it, as I was in Teacher Education, and that is a field that has meaning and significance to me. I strongly recommend the University of West Florida, Argo experience to anyone.
Great place to work.
Student/Working Student in Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 13, 2018
UWF is a great place for students to learn and be able to get hands on experience in labs. As a student, it was great to be able to work at the same place where I had classes. I received lab training and was able to do a number of unique experiments covering all subjects.
Pros
Onsite training and hands on experience
Cons
stressful
Graduate Programs
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 1, 2018
Quality learning environment to promote growth and development in your desired career paths. Military friendly and resourceful administration to make registration painless.
N/a
Document Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 16, 2018
There is nothing to add, it is a University. The business caters to enrolling students and then retaining them once enrolled. The majority of the people you work with are recent graduates.
Wonderful culture
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 14, 2018
Great culture, fantastic work/life balance, collaborative atmosphere with professionals who genuinely care for students, community, and professionals alike.
The most difficult part of the position is the inability to move forward from a temporary position to a permanent position.
Many people do return to as employees however I notice few begin work at the university immediately following or during their studies.
Pros
A Fabulous Employee and Student Atmosphere
Cons
I am sure there are some, I just don't know of any.
Complete Florida is a productive and collaborative workplace.
Complete Florida Coach (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 8, 2018
Our work space is very open so we have impromptu meetings and discussions regularly. We all work together as a team and work very collaboratively. I've truly enjoyed working here.
work study position
Academic Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 24, 2018
work study position that was ideal for a working college student. part time, flexible schedule that allowed one to work on school work during slow times.
Entry level job at the lowest pay
HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 23, 2018
Equipment, buildings, and culture outdated. Tough to work for low wages when on the outside you can double your salary, A very low-stress job with priorities out of date. The inner departments do not work very well with other departments while employees suffer to keep up with technology when the administration is considered more important and compensated at a higher level.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Very low wages not up to standards
I attended school at UWF
Student (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 17, 2018
UWF is one of the top schools in the nation for exercise science. I would recommend for any student interested in exercise science to attend this school and go through the program.
Fun atmosphere supportive staff
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 3, 2018
I absolutely loved this job. I only left when I was no longer attending the school. They were great they worked with your school schedule. They seemed to really care about the staff. They listened to ideas and took them seriously. You can be very creative, in fact its encouraged. I woke up excited to go to work everyday.
Pros
massage chair time, fun place to work, can be creative
Cons
the pay was not much but it was what they could afford
Student job
Commons Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 24, 2018
very typical student job with good culture and scheduling. There is an aim to educate and promote to help for successes in other jobs. Not going to make much money or have benefits.
The counter-culture University of West Florida
Instructional Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 18, 2018
This university has taken the position of being the liberal counter-culture university. Only recently has it finally allowed a football program. For years I worked there and watched homecoming events centered around soccer games. I attended the University of Southern Mississippi (Southern Miss) and remember so much excitement surrounding homecoming week and the homecoming football game. Then I would here local graduates of the university express how they didn't want a football team and wanted to keep sports to a minimum and keep the college know for the arts. The university is very left leaning politically, so conservative views are frowned on and people working there know that voicing conservative values with minimize promotional opportunities and close other doors related to employment advancement opportunities.
Pros
college campus atmoshpere
Cons
liberal political push for anti-conservative values
Great Place to Work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Highly recommend working here as a student, but can not speak for other employment. The library is a wonderful environment, especially if you are an introverted person.
Great summer internship!
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32514September 7, 2018
It was a really amazing paid internship, and I loved my supervisor. I enjoyed my time studying at the University of West Florida, so I knew I would enjoy an internship there as well.
Easy people to work with
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day at work starts at 8Am and ends at 4PM. I learned how to troubleshoot on bot Mac and Windows Operating systems. The management is very understanding and laid back. So long as you are efficient at your job. The hardest part about the job is the condescending professors. The most enjoyable part is the camaraderie with my Coworkers.