University of West Florida Employee Reviews

N/a
Document Imaging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 16, 2018
There is nothing to add, it is a University. The business caters to enrolling students and then retaining them once enrolled. The majority of the people you work with are recent graduates.
Wonderful culture
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 14, 2018
Great culture, fantastic work/life balance, collaborative atmosphere with professionals who genuinely care for students, community, and professionals alike.
The most difficult part of the position is the inability to move forward from a temporary position to a permanent position.
Many people do return to as employees however I notice few begin work at the university immediately following or during their studies.
Pros
A Fabulous Employee and Student Atmosphere
Cons
I am sure there are some, I just don't know of any.
Complete Florida is a productive and collaborative workplace.
Complete Florida Coach (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 8, 2018
Our work space is very open so we have impromptu meetings and discussions regularly. We all work together as a team and work very collaboratively. I've truly enjoyed working here.
work study position
Academic Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 24, 2018
work study position that was ideal for a working college student. part time, flexible schedule that allowed one to work on school work during slow times.
Entry level job at the lowest pay
HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 23, 2018
Equipment, buildings, and culture outdated. Tough to work for low wages when on the outside you can double your salary, A very low-stress job with priorities out of date. The inner departments do not work very well with other departments while employees suffer to keep up with technology when the administration is considered more important and compensated at a higher level.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Very low wages not up to standards
I attended school at UWF
Student (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 17, 2018
UWF is one of the top schools in the nation for exercise science. I would recommend for any student interested in exercise science to attend this school and go through the program.
Fun atmosphere supportive staff
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 3, 2018
I absolutely loved this job. I only left when I was no longer attending the school. They were great they worked with your school schedule. They seemed to really care about the staff. They listened to ideas and took them seriously. You can be very creative, in fact its encouraged. I woke up excited to go to work everyday.
Pros
massage chair time, fun place to work, can be creative
Cons
the pay was not much but it was what they could afford
Student job
Commons Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 24, 2018
very typical student job with good culture and scheduling. There is an aim to educate and promote to help for successes in other jobs. Not going to make much money or have benefits.
The counter-culture University of West Florida
Instructional Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 18, 2018
This university has taken the position of being the liberal counter-culture university. Only recently has it finally allowed a football program. For years I worked there and watched homecoming events centered around soccer games. I attended the University of Southern Mississippi (Southern Miss) and remember so much excitement surrounding homecoming week and the homecoming football game. Then I would here local graduates of the university express how they didn't want a football team and wanted to keep sports to a minimum and keep the college know for the arts. The university is very left leaning politically, so conservative views are frowned on and people working there know that voicing conservative values with minimize promotional opportunities and close other doors related to employment advancement opportunities.
Pros
college campus atmoshpere
Cons
liberal political push for anti-conservative values
Great Place to Work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Highly recommend working here as a student, but can not speak for other employment. The library is a wonderful environment, especially if you are an introverted person.
Great summer internship!
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32514September 7, 2018
It was a really amazing paid internship, and I loved my supervisor. I enjoyed my time studying at the University of West Florida, so I knew I would enjoy an internship there as well.
Easy people to work with
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 5, 2018
A typical day at work starts at 8Am and ends at 4PM. I learned how to troubleshoot on bot Mac and Windows Operating systems. The management is very understanding and laid back. So long as you are efficient at your job. The hardest part about the job is the condescending professors. The most enjoyable part is the camaraderie with my Coworkers.
Average
Director (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 9, 2018
Overall a good place to work. As a non-profit institution dependent upon government funding, accomplishing the mission to educate students and conduct research becomes muddied in the constant competition for diminishing dollars.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
divisive political climate
Great Job for a Grad. Student
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 18, 2018
Loved working and going to school at the University of West Florida. Great staff and professors. Made some money and got good teaching experience while getting my Master's.
Want to be successful? Work here
Coach (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 12, 2018
UWF is a wonderful and unique place. It has incredible management that fosters a culture of success and winning. At times you will be pushed but it is due to everyone else being so successful. The standard is high there. Management does it best to foster this environment without applying to must stress. It is a remarkable achievement. If you want to be pushed to achieve more and become more successful, UWF is the place.
Resident Assistant/Lead Resident Assisstant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 18, 2018
I worked for housing as an RA/LRA. It started off really good with best compensation program for housing RAs in Florida. A fact we were proud of. My time here took a 180 in my third year as I was pushed out of my LRA position in an upper Classman residence hall by my immediate manager who was new to the department. Pretty much it came down to he thought I should have been more proactive getting the residences more involved in housing activities and programs but what I feel he failed to understand is that we were not a freshmen hall. Most residents were older and established and frankly too busy and didn't need housing programs to teach them life skills or help making friends. The hall was known for this and previous staff and residents preferred it this way. He also wanted to replace me with a sorority friend of his who was a new RA in our hall so they could hang out more. Really poopy situation and upper management kinda just let it happen even though I was well liked by the majority of my peers across the department, had been recognized and awarded with several accolades from the housing department and my immediate manager from the previous year came to my defense with the department. :-p
Pros
compensation, once in a life time experience, would recommend
Fun Job, Good People
Student Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32514June 15, 2018
Working at UWF was a fun experience, and there was a strong fostered sense of community. Not just because it was a college campus, but between staff members - There were many events designed to bring them together and discover unique talents for all involved.
graduate assistant
Graduate Assistant (Executive Mentor Program) (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 7, 2018
I loved working at UWF. They take care of their employees and there are always opportunities to network and grow career wise. Everyone is connected in some way or fashion. Awesome work environment.
Pros
Free lunches, always some type of event, networking, career growth, sense of community
Loved the Experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 5, 2018
Great research experience that put my foot in the door for other work. Would not recommend prolonged employment. Good start to a career but not an end goal.
Eran prácticas
Entrenador de fútbol (Former Employee) –  Estados unidosJune 4, 2018
al ser prácticas no tenia salario, pero la experiencia es increíble.