University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Employee Reviews

Uwm
Associate Student-Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 18, 2019
Working at UWM was a joy. It was a true privilege to be able to connect with so many people from different backgrounds and experiences. It is a fantastic school and a great place to work.
Excellent Educational Enviroment
GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 1, 2019
All faculty and graduate students are dedicated to enhancing the educational experiences of all undergraduate students. In the Communication department, there is a great effort to ensure that each student leaves with theoretical knowledge and practical skills that will prepare students for their careers beyond the realm of education.
If you get the chance, take it!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 22, 2019
Being a research assistant is a wonderful opportunity for students. Because you are employed by the school they are very understanding of scheduling around exams. It's a great resume booster. You will learn a ton of relevant skills to your field.
Nice campus, good classes
Operations Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2019
It's a decent university for graduate studies. I have a great adviser who has helped me greatly achieving my goals. The campus is beautiful, has a good gym and library.
No room for advancement Poor Pay Good Benefits
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 18, 2019
The work environment is very cliquey. There is a lot of talking behind the backs of other employees. The Pay is not great for the jobs that are ask of the workers in my department. The culture they say is to advance from within but that is not what happens. The average for workers at this company is less then five years because of the way things are run.
Pros
The hours and time off
Cons
Management, Pay, No room for advancement
Entry level position
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2019
This job was a part-time only paid internship for the UWM Controllers office as a inter office mail courier. I also helped out the university bookstore bookkeeper manage various department accounts. I could not work once I graduated. It gave me my first real work experience in a office setting.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Had to quit upon graduation
Student Employee
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 6, 2019
Work is great for a student and is willing to accommodate for students schedule. However, most degrees would requires outside work. Campus jobs offer low wage.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 11, 2018
Love working here, sad to relocate because of family reasons. Would love to stay but need to look elsewhere. Fun environment to work in. Chancellor is a great leader and provides opportunities for staff.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 1, 2018
The typical day actually varies, because it's a school. So some days are busier than others. I learned a lot like technical stuff, teaching, communicate with different kind of people, leadership.
Pros
Free food somtimes
Cons
dental care
Cool place to wy
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2018
I learned new things like how to tackle new people, i also made new friends. Improved my communication skills by giving lectures , I experienced with new equipments.
Pros
No time constraints
Cons
Health care
Adjuncts are easily replaced
Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 21, 2018
If you are an adjunct, don't expect respect, loyalty, the truth, or advancement. You're an adjunct and you are easily replaced. Even if you're good at what you do and students like you, you'll be replaced.
a great place to work and learn
Writer/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2018
I really learned a lot in my position at UWM. I appreciate the exposure to so many ideas. There was a lot of emphasis on our role as writers and peers of our students and I think that is a really great approach to tutoring or mentoring.
Professional and rewarding workplace
International Admissions Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2018
UW-Milwaukee is a positive work environment with talented individuals. The campus is made up of many hard-working and collaborative individuals who value their customer base.
Very diverse place
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2018
It gave me an opportunity to meet so many people, very productive people and very diverse. The university also helps its staff members to further their studies
Pros
Very good place for training
Cons
No meals for staff
Great CoWorkers, Lacks Leadership Support
Associate Head/Assistant Track & Field Coach (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 1, 2018
Leadership lacks knowledge of daily activities required of workers. Great coworkers, but most are undercompensated for the level of their work compared to other universities of similar level.
Pros
Create own hours, Great Coworkers
Cons
No opportunity to promote from within
Great Place to Work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 25, 2018
They really care about employees, training is good and people are really kind and nice to work with. You can learn a lot from different people . Definitely great!
I enjoyed my time there.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 25, 2018
I learned many skills and gained the problem-solving ability. It is a great school for engineering students, they can get access to so many cutting-edge research opportunities.
N/a
University Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 19, 2018
a typical day at work 40
what you learned
management
workplace culture ok
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job the people
I enjoyed working here.
FINANCIAL AID ASSISTANT WORK STUDY (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 19, 2018
In a work study position it is not expected that you will make a lot of money. I received yearly raises that put me slightly above the federal minimum wage. On the bright side, I was able to work on homework while work was slow. In my 3 years of schooling I rarely had to do homework at home.

Great student job!
Low-stress place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 10, 2018
Working at UW-Milwaukee provides you with the likely encounter of your boss scheduling your work hours around your classes, and that's a huge deal! As long as you put your work in, the benefit is low stress and acknowledgments of your efforts.