University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Employee Reviews

Great place for students to work
Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 12, 2019
My position was very flexible in when I could go in and work. The fellow students were very helpful at training me and the manager was very flexible with my schedule and helped me find a replacement if I could not work a certain day.
easy
Resident Hall Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  uw oshkoshApril 8, 2019
very easy I get paid to do my homework, salary is low but it is good for a student athlete like me. Nice people easy to work around your schedule . will work again
good place to work
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 2, 2018
compassionate coworkers
understanding supervisors
flexible hours
fast paced
constantly changing
Most enjoyable part are meeting the students and helping them achieve their goals
Pros
students
Cons
very fast paced
Enjoyable for an On-Campus Job
Resident Hall Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 18, 2018
Typically have at least one or two things to do weekly. Some weeks were more stressful than others within this job along with being a full-time college student. Otherwise, this job is pretty enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Wage per hour
Good place to intern
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 30, 2018
I worked within the Department of Nursing while attending graduate school. I enjoyed working with my classmates and had a supervisor dedicated to incorporating her knowledge with what we were learning.
Friendly working and comfortable environment
Help Desk/Student Technology Center (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 29, 2018
Training is continued until you are comfortable to be on your own, a non-strict working environment as long as you do your work and aren't being a big distraction to others.
Great work environment and friendly people.
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 18, 2018
It was a summer job counseling for foreign students from South Korea. Myself and the other counselors had to plan day to day activities for the kids (ages 8-18). The supervisors of the program were very easy to work with. One of the harder parts of the job was having to have English lessons mixed in with regular activities which made it difficult to plan accordingly. The most enjoyable part was the kids. Though I had a difficult time saying goodbye at the end of the program.
Athletic Program
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 24, 2018
Lots of fun to work at the sporting events at UWO. Great teams and atmosphere. Very friendly staff and great way to see sporting events and make friends!
Pros
Great way to make friends and see sports at school
Cons
So little hours
UW Oshkosh is a great place to work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 20, 2018
A typical day would mainly be going through logs and reports.
I learned a lot about wireless.
Management was very flexible and willing to listen to opinions and ideas.
The culture was relaxed and yet busy.
I can't say any single most favorite part because there were many aspects that were very good.
Uwo
Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 13, 2018
Flexible with school and hours. Was able to work with management, but lacked in communication at times in my experience. Easy job for students. Did basic trouble shooting and make tickets if needed.
Very Poor Management
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 13, 2018
I didn't like being screamed at for doing the job a previous supervisor had told me to do. Or having a supervisor get in my face about something I was told to do.
Relaxed and able to set your own schedule
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 27, 2018
I loved being able to pick my own schedule and the flexibility with the job because it allowed me to balance school and another job. The work culture was great always surrounded by positive influences. Despite the great culture there were some other mentors and mentees themselves that did not care about the program and tore down a part of the program. Because of this others had to pick up their slack, which wasn't that difficult, and if it was we still made it work. Some mentees did not want to participate so you must reach out more to them and try to create that bond with them so they want to participate more. At the end of the day I love this job, because I know I can say I put my all in to this job and I feel I can directly affect these mentees lives in a positive way.
Good starting place
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 25, 2018
A good place to start building professional experiences. Room to grow. Very agile environment and team work involved. Challenging yet manageable place to work.
Understanding and Easy to work with
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 25, 2018
My boss was great, very open and understanding. She allowed me to work from home when need be to spending time with my small children. She was very open and willing to listen to my ideas and help me further my personal skills and career.
overall
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 9, 2018
great place to work where the supervisors and everyone else encourages you to do better and be better. they listen to your concerns and give you constructive feedback in your work, school, and career path!
Pros
great staff
Fun work place and amazing staff
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 4, 2018
The staff and children are amazing. This is a great work environment it can be fast paced but it is always fun. They are really flexible about scheduling.
Pros
Amazing staff, flexible scheduling, good hours
Starter Job for Kinesiology Students at UWO
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 20, 2018
There was a lack of leadership at the Recreation Center. We did not have a boss that was near us or knew what we were talking about for a good amount of time. Previous boss left and we were in a transition most of the time that I was working there. Great culture as I left.
Productive and positive work environment
Project Success Spanish Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 9, 2018
I loved working here because the colleagues, students, and superiors were focused on building each other up and learning from one another. Students would come to visit me during my scheduled tutoring hours for my Spanish services.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Gallery Assistant
Gallery Exhibitions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 8, 2018
I enjoy this job because I am a college student. I can manage my time and work between classes. I get to work with students around my age. I also get to eat food while working. Being a college student, eating food can be a struggle!
Typical Day
Internship (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 21, 2018
The work schedule is very flexible. The director may ask you to table in Reeve or attend a meeting that the includes the Women's Center. You get to pick out your own project that you want to work on for the year and you can choose your own hours.
Pros
Great Work Enviroment
Cons
Doesn't Pay Well