University of Wisconsin-River Falls

University of Wisconsin-River Falls Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
UWRF was a great place to work. There are obviously some issues with various aspects of management, however, if you focus on your work and those on your team you will be rewarded.
Good place to work with good people
I very much enjoyed working here. I worked with some wonderful people and felt like I was able to really help some people when they came in. They pay might not be as high as other tutoring services on campus, but that is the only complaint I could think of.
Higher education setting
Higher education setting that is working hard to increase enrollment. With the limited resources, management is doing what it can to help students get recruited and retained.
A wonderful oppourtunity
The culture onsite is wonderful. I really enjoy working at UW-River Falls. The co-workers are easy to talk to most of the time and tend to go out of their way to get the job done.
Temporary position
I enjoyed a semester of full-time work. I made friends with some of the faculty members. I was going to be teaching the following semester, but just about the time that the contracts were to be issued, the dean came along and eliminated 7 of us in one fell swoop. He then hastily retired and took over the presidency of some small college in Alabama. If it weren't for him, I could have possibly taught for one or more extra semesters.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Internship through a professor
I was a student in an internship position. I had a great experience and learned more about how the entire campus works. I will always have fond memories of my university!
Great place to work and strong collaborative efforts between departments
I’ve enjoyed my time working at UW-River Falls. The town is fairy small so I enjoy commuting from St Paul but the campus is vibrant with a lot of events and opportunities.
Great place to work!
Enjoyed my internship and work experience here. I learned a great deal about facility management and event management at Knowles Center, Hunt Arena and the Falcon Center.
Great place to work.
I worked here as a student. It was a great place to work while I was a student. They worked around my class schedule and treated us like equals. The office had a warm environment.
Great co-workers and hours
Great little job to have while attending school full time. Just a couple hours a week with great staff. You must be a student at UWRF to be eligible to work here.
Good way to save money
The RA position at UWRF took a lot of time away from everyday life, you had to live at your job which made it very hard to relax once off duty. It was a good learning experience
Pros
Paid Room and Board
Cons
Felt like 24/7 duty and coworkers/management wanted to know your every move.
Excellent Environment to learn in and faculty are very helpful
I have enjoyed the great opportunity working to gain experience in the laboratories with the professors and fellow colleges. The proper training techniques here really are priceless and directly contribute to the job at hand and can be used in any other job setting applied to.
Once a tough task is learned it is rewarded with ones own personal knowledge of a task and you can help others that need assistance.
Pros
Great experience/Good atmosphere/Job skills gained
Cons
Positive, energetic, and creative work environment
Positive, forward-thinking, and supportive work atmosphere. Employees are team players. University mission and values are student focused. It was fun to facilitate events.
Pros
Supportive work environment
Cons
Not enough time to implement all the great ideas
UWRF Facilities Maintenance
This department is extremely mismanaged when I was employed there. Student laborers were treated very poorly and poorly compensated. I cannot recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
convenient location if student
Cons
low pay. no respect
Great place to work!
This was an excellent place to work as a student employee. I met a lot of great people and found something that I would enjoy the most. I learn a lot from working with Tier II staff, where I was mostly going anywhere on campus to solve technical issues.
Excellent on-campus job.
This was a great on-campus opportunity where I was able to learn a lot about technical support plus meet numerous faculty and staff across the University of Wisconsin - River Falls campus.
Great People Great Place
I work as an adjunct instructor in the chemistry department and am a UW-RF alumni. The faculty at UWRF are friendly and helpful. The students are bright and considerate.
Great job for a student
Very flexible hours but as through a federal work study. Was easy to balance with school work and other commitments. Would recommend working for any one of the professors in the CAFES program.
Great place to work.
I really enjoyed my time working at UWRF as a Graduate Student Intern. It was very enjoyable. I enjoyed working in the Career Services office.
Stimulating and challenging detail oriented work
My typical day included any and sometimes all of the following: checking electronic correspondence, following up on all requests for placement and/or other information, preparing reports as needed, logging data on a consistent basis in electronic files, communicating with partner schools for placement of students needing field experience and student teaching placements, preparing documents for placements, creating electronic files for resumes and placement documents, preparing spreadsheets for tracking purposes and any other tasks typical to the office experience--copying, filing, sending faxes, etc.

I have learned a great deal about what excellent leadership is from some of my colleagues and what it is not from others. Listening to understand has become a very important part of my experience. The work I most enjoyed was all that I have listed above. I loved my job!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Ever changing deadlines
Great opportunity to meet such a wide variety of people
There is no typical day as a Residential Assistant. Every day provides new challenges ranging from policy enforcement to consoling hurting individuals. I have taken away so many wonderful lessons from this experience and learned to be a leader. I also learned how to engage in uncomfortable situations and conversations to get to the bottom of many circumstances. Hardest part of my job was how very time consuming it is to always be availabel to nearly 300 residents. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to form bonds with so many people from so many walks of life.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.2
4.3
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
University of Wisconsin-River Falls Reviews by Location