University of Wisconsin-Superior

• Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

Productive and Reliable

This workplace allowed for reliable hours and flexibility in the day with my hours. The environment of this workplace resembles the true characteristics of University of Wisconsin-Superior, with integrity, compassion, and overall a warming welcome.

Resources drive the atmosphere

When I began working at UW-S, the university was adequately funded, although the distribution of those funds was suspect. Continual erosion of funding put academic departments at odds; fortunately, one result was exposure of “favored” funding for individual areas. For University staff, there is no avenue for promotion. The only route to advancement is through changing jobs—competing with all ) applicants.other (internal and external

Pros

Intellectual stimulation; department supported fully me

Cons

Administration self-indulgent

Very fast paced and filled with new challenges.

I like working for IT, It not only gives you new task and things to work on time to time, but also makes you innovative to make the department and the school efficient in the tech and network area.

Great college job

Being able to work at the school is great because you can also get your homework done. It just makes you feel more involved in your school and courses.

Good opportunities for collaboration

One of the best things about the job is the ability to further create and develop initiatives to support students on campus. The campus is a small community, with opportunities to collaborate on projects and endeavors across the institution.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Helpful and Encouraging Environment

I loved my time at the VNSC. It gave me motivation for school and to further my professional career. I was able to network with other departments in the university and communicate with countless students that came through their door.

Great place to work as a student

I enjoyed the time I spent working at UWS specifically at the MWC. I was a building manager and starter as a facility attendant. Gained a lot of experience in customer service and supervisory skills. I was happy to work with like minded students. Which helped me enjoy the job a lot more.

Pros

Flexible hours. Great leadership

Cons

Interesting place to work with daily challenges

Inspect custodial work on floors, bathrooms, classrooms and common ares. Inspect grounds crew performance with aesthetics of green spaces, parking lots and trash collection.

Pros

Everyday was different

Cons

Can never please some people

Productive and collaborative

I learnt a lot working with the head of the IT depart, like troubleshooting systems, installing and the maintenance of projectors in class rooms and lecture hall. I also electrical works like wiring.

Productive an fun work enviornment

Working with First Year Experience at UWS and me learn how to facilitate and lead different programming that was centered around helping new students find rescources around campus Hard to continually come up with new and attractive programming

Jobs at University of Wisconsin-Superior

See more jobs

Strongly Recommend

I organize and scan documents, make copies, update and maintain bulletin boards. Assist with student questions in person or by phone, other job duties as needed. This experience allowed me to improve my Listening and Interpersonal Skills.

Great place to study and work

I had a great experience as an undergraduate student at UW-Superior and learned so much as a facility assistant and building manager at their fitness center.

Relaxed and Low Stress for a Student

This is a low stress job and easy to juggle with school work and social life. You work right on campus in the main building, so it is easy to go to work and go straight to class. You are able to eat lunch right in the office, and your co-workers are incredibly helpful .

Flexible Student Scheduling

My position as a Office Assistant was flexible with my school schedule as a full time student. It was a relaxed position with decent pay and a positive atmosphere.

Pros

Flexible Scheduling, Decent Pay

Cons

No Breaks, Little Advancement

Fun place to work

Great environment, friendly people, great culture, flexible, organized, laid back and clean working space. I really enjoyed my time working here and I would recommend getting a job here to anyone.

My review

University of Wisconsin Superior is a very good place to work. The family atmosphere is outstanding. I owe the University a debt of gratitude. Great university!

Helping new international students

Since it is a week job, you sometimes work for ten hours a day. Leading new students with giving information about school is the key part of your work. Meeting new people and getting along with them are the most enjoyable part of the job.

Productive and fun work place

Good learning place, Fun place, Fast placed, Tech trainee, good place to work great benefits. University learning process.

UWS Admissions is a Great first step into professional world.

I think it was challenging at first, but once you get to know the ropes; there is not much room for advancement or promotion. I know there are budget issues and concerns, but there has to be some kind of acknowledgement when employees work hard and make outstanding accomplishments.

Very great job

I absolutely loved this job! It was so hard to say goodbye. I have learned so much and everyone that works at the office was very open and respectful to any questions or suggestions i had.

Fun Place with some climate issues

Fun place with some climate issues. For the most part the people are great but there are definite classes within the campus and you are made aware that you need to know and stick to your place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin-Superior. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

Ratings from women

1.8
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
1.9Career Opportunities
1.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight