University of Wisconsin
Here to help
Coronavirus update

University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

United States846 reviews
Able to work from home during COVID-19, encourage work life balance, weekly updates from the Dean and Zoom calls where information is shared, lots of training offered.
Pros
Positive environment, lots of training opportunities
Cons
Going through transitions so there are lots of changes.
Have to communicate and be able to stay focused, I started working in the transportation department my freshman year and it a good way to get to know the college campus as a freshman.
Good Benefits. Flexibility. Fast paced. I would work there again, only left because my family relocated out of state. My manager was easy to work with. Mind your business, don't get caught up with the gossiping and you will succeed there.
This was a great experience. The director was very professional and passionate about the project. Best part was listening to the stories of the participants.
Pros
Educational, supportive
Cons
Temporary, no room for advancement
Fast paced, productive, easy to work with the employees and management. Training wasn't the best but if you take good notes you will be fine. Great benefits
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
N/a
Job seekers rely on your experience.
The Job was very good! It gave me opportunity to meet people and interact with others along with keeping the weight room up to date. Very enjoyable experience.
Most positions within the university are clerical by nature, but there are a few customer service jobs and food service jobs. The amount of stress varies greatly but with the multiple departments there is usually a position that would fit both your tastes and schedule.
I wish I would have stayed with my old employer. There is no work-life balance or flexibility. In todays society, people work from home on a regular basis and it is forbidden here!
Good midwestern values with great community conscience. A superior place to work. UW Madison a very innovative place to work with good collaboration wherever one seeks it out
Working for any university is usually easy if you're at the entry-level of employment. They work well with your schedule and hold little to no expectations when it comes to your availability. If you want a lot of hours, I wouldn't look here unless you're in custodial. Also, the pay isn't the best unless you're doing a physical or a generally not coveted job.
Being a tutor is very flexible as you are a student yourself so you can schedule your availability around your schedule. Tutoring is rewarding however its a very limited amount of time to work so the pay is not the reason you do it. You do the job because you enjoy the subject, enjoy helping others succeed, maybe teaching is what you want to do. Its more of a moral thing as its good to help others. you don't tutor to make money that is for sure. Your clients appreciate you (if you're good) and that adds value to the monetary payment. It also can help add substance and character to your resume. Your are happy to help people, some jobs are worth it because of the moral sense of accomplishment compared to the monetary earning.
I loved the Job, it was a good experience and it enhanced my abilities in different products and was room to help my creative an artistic ability grow. Time and flexibility was nice for a part time student taking maximum required course load.
As a chemistry graduate student you have a myraid of different responsibilities including teaching, classes, research, mentoring, and other optional ones such as volunteering or departmental work. The overall workload tends to vary based upon your research advisor and their own expectations but generally it will be challenging. However, graduate school is one of the best opportunities to learn and fine tune one's life skills in an engaging and thought provoking environment.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, progressive department policies, welcoming community
Cons
Long hours (usually), periods of intense stress, requires extensive time managment
I was originally hired to help with replacing network hardware around the dorms, we managed to accelerate the project when one of the workers from another department had to leave a month early. had alot of fun along the way
15 years without salary increase or promotion. No career ladder. New employees being hired at higher rate of psu then retirees. Not a community feel
Pros
Unique culture, college students enjoyable
Cons
After 30 years, $8 more per hour than 1989.
Get here while you can. Help save lives. With Covid-19 running around the world, we need any and all considering a career in health care to join us.
This university has undergone a lot of changes since I worked in its library, so I am unsure at this point how the system, staff, and dynamics are. It was a great place to work when I did.
The University of Wisconsin Stout has given me the opportunity to see a brighter tomorrow for myself. I feel that I now have options to better my life and move forward toward a career that I want. Not just a job but a career.
Working as a VA work/study program employee was a great time. My time spent at the MAVRC has given me great opportunities after graduation! I still have many contacts that I can use to further my career there at UWM.
This was a good place to work at. The reason why I am looking for a new job is because I am a biochemistry major. Thd work life balance is great and it provides a good growth opportunity.
Great place for a student to gain management and work experience. Work as a student worker for a semester or two, then apply to a leadership position to develop management skills and practice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.