University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

Excellent place for school and continuing education
Certified Public Manager Program (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 18, 2018
Excellent place to earn an education as an adult. Continued learning experience was exceptional.

Certified Public Management Program was very relevant to current issues in the world today.
It's a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIApril 18, 2018
A typical work day at UW Hospital consist of working with patients on easy to complex issues. Speaking with insurance companies in an effort to get claims paid. The work place culture is good. Most people are very helpful and take the time to listen to certain problems that need to be solved.I have learned to communicate better with people and also I've learned a lot more about Medicare, Medicaid, different government programs, problem solving skills, and time mangagement.
Pros
Don't have to be micro managed
Cons
Salary could be improved
Fun and Interactive
Scorekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIApril 16, 2018
I very much enjoyed the people I worked with and that if there was ever a time at which I was struggling anyone would be willing to help lend a hand. Very friendly staff.
Excellent place to work
IT E3 tech (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2018
There are substantial benefits to working in a university atmosphere. This was enhanced by having an incredible supervisor who is knowledgeable in all area's of IT and spent substantial time mentoring employee's encouraging exploration of the many facet's of IT and related software in the field of architecture.
Pros
Excellent working conditions
Not Direct work, but still Valuable Experience
Biographical Writer/Interface Researcher (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 8, 2018
While I was not directly employed by the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse, I did get to use the experience form the class as well as the class work completed on my resume.
Job involves working with many different types of people
Mechanical Engineering Senior Design (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WIApril 8, 2018
The job involves working with many different types of people. A typical day will involve administrative tasks, and coordinating efforts with various individuals in the department. Hardest part of the job is managing various time tables for projects and presentations, and the most enjoyable is the people that I am able to interact with.
Pros
Being able to help people
Cons
Management criteria that don't always seem streamlined for ease of implementation
UW-Madison
Connections Intern (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 5, 2018
This University really lives up to its reputation. Students who attend this school are prestigious and successful. The University highlights culture in their curriculum, and has a focus on research.
Uwm
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 5, 2018
If you are looking for a pretty easy job that doesnt pay well this is the job for you. I have enough to pay most of my bills but thats it. There are to many micro managers and it takes forever to get anything done.
Great Experience as a Student Worker
Student Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 2, 2018
Worked at the University part-time while I was going to school. Loved it because it was flexible and accommodating with my school schedule (obviously, since I was a student). Enjoyed the work I did because it was challenging and really helped me apply what I was learning in school to the work place.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
"HR" was out of touch
University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley
Professor (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIApril 2, 2018
The campus itself, overall, is great. So are the students. Indeed, amazing. However, the state of Wisconsin has systemically failed to support, in many ways, this system. Thus, salaries are low and morale is lower.
Productive and fun work place.
Biology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 2, 2018
I enjoyed my part-time employment there. I would work there again and I would recommend the U of Wisc as an employer to my friends. My workplace was very dynamic each day. I would present my PPTs to the science classrooms. The most enjoyable part of the day was working with my colleagues who were also my friends. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning different student roles in the science classes.
Pros
Creative and relaxed work environment
Cons
Long commute
UWCU is fine
Consumer Loan Processor 2 (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 28, 2018
good work environment
good job security
learned financial industry basics. Great place for young people to get started in finance. very successful. easy to lend.
Pros
security
Excellent work place
Archaeological Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 27, 2018
I would say that my internship was an enjoyable experience that provided me with the skills I will carry on in to my career and the opportunity to grow as a researcher.
Pros
Analytical, interesting
Good place to work if you are able to draw a hard line between work and the rest of your life.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WIMarch 27, 2018
The RA position is only really Part-Time, but it feels as though you are working Full Time in addition to being a student. despite this, the position has it's rewards and benefits; mainly being that my interpersonal skills have improved greatly, and I now know how to better balance life and work. Workplace culture is very welcoming and educational. the best days are the ones where you get to see a resident grow and do amazing things.
Pros
personal development, great compensation
Cons
glorified babysitter, vomit cleanup
Diverse and Engaging Environment to work in
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 27, 2018
There is no typical day as being a Resident Assistant. You work for a maximum of 15 hours a week. I learned how to deal with types of situations that could happen on a college campus. My management was amazing, I couldn't have asked for anything more. The culture of the workplace, well it's a college campus, so it is just like college life. I think that the hardest part of my job was getting residents to open their doors, being upperclassmen they didn't really want to socialize. But then on then on the flip side, sometimes the best part of my job was engaging with residents who do talk to me and who do open their door.
Fun environment
Resident Hall Front Desk Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 27, 2018
This job is really fun because you can socialize with residents of the college resident hall you work at but the pay should be more than minimum wage.
Pros
Able to do homework in down time.
Cons
Short hours with little pay per hour.
Great University and incredible faculty!
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 26, 2018
I had so much fun being a peer mentor at UW Whitewater when I was a sophomore. The training was incredible, and the faculty is so passionate about the success of their students. Great job that allowed for leadership skills to be progressed for me.
Nebulous
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 26, 2018
There was not clear direction around most initiatives. There was a lot of backroom deals and unfair practices against women of color. Unfortunate use of public funding.
Stats Tutor
Supplemental Instructor (Tutor) (Former Employee) –  Whitewater, WIMarch 24, 2018
I tutored Psychology Statistics. Worked closely with students who were struggling with successfully completing the class on their own. Made lesson plans, held tutoring sessions, and group study sessions before exams.
Quick paced
Facilities Custodian (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMarch 23, 2018
Very quick paced work but you pick up everything easily and everything becomes robotic after a week or so. Good break times as well as good instructions for every day's work schedule.
Pros
breajs
Cons
hot in the summertime