University of Wisconsin Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Teaching
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 3, 2018
The experience in teaching statics and dynamics (4-6 hours per week) was valuable. The interaction with the students was enjoyable, while the preparation of lecture notes, quizzes, and exams was an interesting process.
Pros
Important teaching experience
Cons
Low salary
A great group of people to work with and for.
Journeyman Painter (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 31, 2018
working for UW Hosp. is a pleasure, my co-workers are friendly, enjoy my job. worked with many different cultures taught me to respect where people come from and not be judgemental
Could be run a lot better, but can be fun if you put your mind to it
Community Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 24, 2018
The Department of Residence Life is run poorly and the funds that each residence hall gets is not enough. It can be a little stressful setting up programs when you are new to the job because they don't give you a lot of direction on how to do it. The work staff is fun to work with and it is nice to get to know your residents.
It was good while it lasted
Campus IT Director (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 17, 2018
Formerly, the UW-Colleges were an incredible organization that was highly mission driven. However, in 2018 the UW-Colleges were dissolved and the Marshfield campus is now part of UWSP.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 14, 2018
I desired this job to put on my resume.The work is fast paced, but the environment is relaxed and friendly. It is easy to make friends because most people there are very social. The pay was as expected.
Why
Madison Volunteer Assistant Track Coach (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 9, 2018
Are ya'll forcing me to review companies? Just submit my dang application bruh, dang. I got things to do man rather than sit here and type up this fake review.
Great, friendly work environment. Good benefits.
TRAINING PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 5, 2018
Friendly work environment with great co-workers who also enjoyed our work. Able to work with professors and implement their visions into educational programs for the public.
I loved working at the UW Madison Hospital
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 4, 2018
I absolutely loved working here except having to work 12 hour nights that was rough but it was my decision. I loved most of the people I worked with and I loved the patients. I really got to know the patients since they were all there for an extended period of time
Pros
Nice work enviornment
Cons
Can't think of any
A great place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 3, 2018
A great place to work with lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth, good life-work balance, great environment, friendly and helpful coworkers!
Fun work experience
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 2, 2018
Payed undergraduate research was a great way to boost my experience, beef up my resume, and earn a few buck for beer.

My supervisor was great, the work was accessible enough while still being beneficial, and I wish I had done it sooner.
Pros
Easy, helpful, fun
Cons
Won't pay your rent
Great working in education but no room for advancement
Conference Services Manager (Temporary/LTE) (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 1, 2018
Great coworkers and education atmosphere but no value in service workers. Undergraduate staff given inadequate/little to no opportunity for advancement despite management experience and degree completion.
UW-Stout is a great place to work
Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJune 27, 2018
I would recommend working at the University of Wisconsin Stout to anyone. It is a great school and the people there are all very caring and friendly, and go out of their way to make you feel like family.
A fun place to work, but poorly managed.
Residence Hall Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJune 25, 2018
For the short time I had worked there, I was never given all the necessary items I needed to log my time. While I was employed, I would have to track the time I started working and ended my shift using my own documentation, I was never actually told how to log my shift information into their system and I was never added to their system.
Pros
Little to now work
Cons
Poorly managed
Fun
Coach (Current Employee) –  Whitewater, WIJune 25, 2018
Job is fun and the colleagues are for the most part great to work with. Five months out of the year is very busy, especially on Saturday's, but have a lot of time off during the summer.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Limited Pay
Not good
Teacher Assistant and Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 25, 2018
Twice the work for half the pay. Look elsewhere for a PhD. No guaranteed funding and the whole UW system is going under. Undergrads are "paying customers" and a disgruntled student, right or wrong, could cost you your job.
Academic excellence is not equal to job satisfaction
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 24, 2018
Most postdoctoral positions had no benefits associated with salary (except health care). The laboratory managers were manipulative and insensitive to needs of the research fellows.
Great
Assistant Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 21, 2018
Great place to work. I worked independently in a quiet environment most of the day. This work opportunity was provided to me as part of my education through the University of Wisconsin - Madison and will not be representative of most job opportunities there.
Fast paced and enjoyable environment! Also, great people to work with!
Athletic Department Intern (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 21, 2018
Working with the athletic department at UW-La Crosse was great! It was always face paced where you had to be able to adapt. One of my favorite parts of this internship was the team that I was able to work with. I developed so many friendships the past six months and was able to learn a great amount from everyone about the ins and outs of college athletics!
left in 1981
Coordinator of Academic Computing (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 20, 2018
Any information I give is not relevant since I left there in 1981. Not sure why this is requiring me to write a review since I left so long ago. Just rambling to get through the process.
Productive workplace
Student Worker in Archives & Area Research Center (Former Employee) –  River Falls, WIJune 15, 2018
I loved working at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls Archives & Area Research Center, as I was a History major. Great people and managers, very dedicated to their work and getting projects done properly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wisconsin. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight