University of Wyoming Employee Reviews

Nice co-working place
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 9, 2019
As a student employee with IT services, I troubleshoot a wide variety of computing issues and communicate technical information to non-technical customers.
All the managers and co-workers are very nice and are glad to answer questions.
University of Wyoming gives a peaceful and fun workplace culture.
And the most enjoyable part of the job is to solve computer problems and communicate with customers.
Pros
Can sit to solve the computer problems
Highly recommend
Post-Graduate Researcher/ Laboratory Manager (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJanuary 4, 2019
I would absolutely recommend working here. The enviorment and colleagues are great to work with, and collabroative work takes place for the betterment of human and animal health.
Good
Graduate Research Asst (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYDecember 14, 2018
Good place to work, assuming you'e ok with Wyoming winters and the small town environment. Wyoming people are good and down to Earth. Usual hassles associated with a university.
Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYDecember 13, 2018
Great for working while going to school. Very flexible with hours and working around school. Be honest with your boss and it is a very enjoyable place to work.
Things I learned
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYDecember 11, 2018
I learned customer service, teamwork, and organizational skills from this work. The only thing not good for me is that sometimes there is under staff and I would be really busy to do something alone.
Great environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Shuman LabNovember 12, 2018
Working in this lab and faculty gave me the tools to present my research on a national level. The experience and opportunities are amazing. Unfortunately the grant funding ran out.
Easy with pleasant people to work with
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 2, 2018
The job was easy and comfortable with the hardest part being having to be there by 5:00 AM. Although a struggle some mornings, once you got there it was smooth sailing for the rest of the shift.

Although management sometimes contradicted their expectations, it was easy to keep them happy by accepting their feedback and continuing to improve.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
early hours
Great work opportunity for students
Catering Crew (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYNovember 2, 2018
UW Catering offers extremely flexible hours to work with any students schedule and offers a great work environment. However it offers little in the way of compensation or benefits and it is difficult to progress while still a student.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Positive Work Environment
Cons
Difficult to Progress, Minimal Compensation
Great Internship
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 29, 2018
Worked as an engineering intern, which is effectively a project manager position. It was a great experience where I had my hands in multiple pots at a time. Wonderful managers, good coworkers, and an overall supportive environment. The pay is lower than I think that the job and effort warrant, but it is better than minimum wage.
Very educational
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 16, 2018
I really liked doing research for UW INBRE because it was based on a subject that I was going to school for and liked. Everything was very professional and the lab I worked in was great. I did my work at UWCC.
Solid team with a great mission.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 16, 2018
The University of Wyoming's STEP tutoring program is a great resource for a wide variety of students. The tutors are knowledgeable and very helpful. This is a great place to get help for completing homework and studying for exams.
Not The Best
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 10, 2018
The typical day at work had no challenge at all. The same tasks were repeated every day. The management was poor. Work was only done by the manager when the other manager was around.
Pros
Good hours with school
Cons
Management/ tasks
camp
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 7, 2018
Did not work here was a full time student only participated in summer camps for young students. Was not an employee of the university . Only did summer help.
Time as a Graduate Assistant
Academic Counselor Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 25, 2018
The time I spent as a GA at the University of Wyoming was great. I learned a lot about the ways of the NCAA and how to work with student-athletes. I was able to go to coaches meetings and experience how they are, and I was able to advise student-athletes as well.
UW Catering
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 24, 2018
this is a great first job, especially for students. you choose your own hours, however, that can also be conflicting. While you are able to choose your hours, a lot of the time the shifts fill up unless you respond to the email immediately. Even then, it was hard to grab a shift as it is very competitive
Pros
Free meal to washakie
Good benefits
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 14, 2018
There are some issues with budget cuts but its the best place to work in Laramie. We have good benefits including retirement, dental and vision insurance.
Pros
good insurance, retirement
Cons
poor management
Typical State Facility
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 6, 2018
I do not feel comfortable commenting on a previous employer. I would hope that your site would respect my desire to avoid commenting on any previous employer.
nothing good to really say
Systems administrator/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 6, 2018
there is not a team environment there. The employees are largely related to one another, the atmosphere is less than productive. Worst place I have ever worked
I enjoyed the work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed the work at UW, and I found it interesting. The University is going through major changes and most of the faculty are being replaced with adjuncts. I am not sure what the University will be as far as a quality workplace in the next 5 years.
Pros
Lovely campus
Cons
Warring departments and professors egos
Great Students/Poor Management
Full Time - Upward Bound Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 20, 2018
I could rant for hours about all the things wrong with this place. Any academic institution with a larger and higher paid administrative staff than academic staff is inherently flawed. But I suppose that's the case in most universities now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wyoming. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight