University of Wyoming Employee Reviews

Solid team with a great mission.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 16, 2018
The University of Wyoming's STEP tutoring program is a great resource for a wide variety of students. The tutors are knowledgeable and very helpful. This is a great place to get help for completing homework and studying for exams.
Not The Best
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 10, 2018
The typical day at work had no challenge at all. The same tasks were repeated every day. The management was poor. Work was only done by the manager when the other manager was around.
Pros
Good hours with school
Cons
Management/ tasks
camp
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 7, 2018
Did not work here was a full time student only participated in summer camps for young students. Was not an employee of the university . Only did summer help.
Time as a Graduate Assistant
Academic Counselor Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 25, 2018
The time I spent as a GA at the University of Wyoming was great. I learned a lot about the ways of the NCAA and how to work with student-athletes. I was able to go to coaches meetings and experience how they are, and I was able to advise student-athletes as well.
Good benefits
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 14, 2018
There are some issues with budget cuts but its the best place to work in Laramie. We have good benefits including retirement, dental and vision insurance.
Pros
good insurance, retirement
Cons
poor management
Typical State Facility
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 6, 2018
I do not feel comfortable commenting on a previous employer. I would hope that your site would respect my desire to avoid commenting on any previous employer.
nothing good to really say
Systems administrator/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYSeptember 6, 2018
there is not a team environment there. The employees are largely related to one another, the atmosphere is less than productive. Worst place I have ever worked
I enjoyed the work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed the work at UW, and I found it interesting. The University is going through major changes and most of the faculty are being replaced with adjuncts. I am not sure what the University will be as far as a quality workplace in the next 5 years.
Pros
Lovely campus
Cons
Warring departments and professors egos
Great Students/Poor Management
Full Time - Upward Bound Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 20, 2018
I could rant for hours about all the things wrong with this place. Any academic institution with a larger and higher paid administrative staff than academic staff is inherently flawed. But I suppose that's the case in most universities now.
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYJune 5, 2018
Working for the university was an awesome place to work. It provided me with the benefits and opportunity to expand and grow. I learned a ton and I am appreciative of the job.
fds
Tutor - mathematics (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMay 28, 2018
Attributes:
 Respectful – Careful to treat peers, superiors etc. with kindness, patience and respect
 Work Ethic – High personal standards regarding quality and quantity of work
 Enthusiastic Learner – In a constant pursuit of knowledge to expand current skill set
 Motivated – A 'just do it' mentality. Continuously attempting to improve work quality and efficien-cy. Always seeking to learn to be a better person
A growing university
Research and teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYMay 18, 2018
UW is a growing research university but still pretty small. The graduate student group is pretty small, not to mention the non-existing postdoc group. No career support.
Productive Job with applicable experience
Student Employee (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYMay 6, 2018
The university of Wyoming is wonderful at applying critical knowledge to their jobs. You gain many applications that allow you to build your resume, and they are also very accepting of your schedule.
Pros
Experience
Laid back, fulfilling atmosphere
Math Tutor University of Wyoming (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 25, 2018
Hours are chosen based on school schedule and are very flexible. Tutor training is provided and a pay raise comes with tutor certification. Tutors are encouraged to work together and get help when they don't know something, belittled for not having an understanding of the subject.
Pros
Teaching, flexible hours
A Comfortable Place to Work
Coordinator- Greenhouse Operations (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 19, 2018
UW provides a balanced environment for employees. There is a true sense of comradery with coworkers. The benefits include educational opportunities through free class credits per semester.
Pros
One free class per semester, benefits
Cons
Lack of fiscal stability
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 13, 2018
The professors are very friendly and helpful, and not pushy. The professor: student ratio is very good. The tuition is cheap. I really enjoy the study and working experience at the University of Wyoming.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYMarch 7, 2018
- Have your own desk.
- Listens to ideas
- 3 lunches per month at Washakie if you work in the RLDS dept.
- Friendly co-workers
- Well divided work loads
Pros
set working hours.
Cons
Some employee work ethics are not great
Simply a Great Place to work
Associat Professor (Former Employee) –  Laramie, WYFebruary 26, 2018
When I was there the culture was very much innovative (becoming the little Harvard of the West). Feeling on inclusion at all levels.
Dedicated to teaching and learning of students and research.
Pros
Salary, advancement, focus on faculty as well as student development.
Cons
Way too rural
not the best place to feel appreciated
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYFebruary 5, 2018
Not the best place to work if you want to feel appreciated at work. No one is praised for a good job and the directorial position in my department was not appreciative of anything anyone ever did. It was never enough and she slept through the majority of the meetings regarding this issue.
Pros
benefits and time off for holidays
Cons
Poor presidential and directors
Communication and Journalism is a great department!
GTA, Communication & Journalism (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYFebruary 2, 2018
This has been two of the best years of my life! Working at the University of Wyoming in the Department of Communication and Journalism has been an incredible experience. My thesis chair is an exceptional scholar, mentor, and professor. This department is incredibly collaborative, talented, professional, and friendly. I wish our university was not making so many unilateral cuts. Unfortunately there are no openings for me to apply for once I graduate in May, otherwise I would elect to stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Wyoming. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight