University of the Sciences in Philadelphia Employee Reviews

Little Fishes in a Little Pond
Athletics (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 21, 2018
Quite frankly, this institution is broken and doomed for the worst imaginable outcome. Multiple degree programs have lost accreditation in recent years, and university-wide panic mode has set in. Culture is cut-throat, spiteful, and cold. Most department directors and managers here could not manage a lemonade stand. No chance for growth, as the school is broke.
Great experience to learn and grow in your field.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 11, 2018
A great place to expand and grow in your techniques. Perfect for collaboration with others and networking. Over all positive experience for one to gain relative lab experience.
The best paart of working there was it was like a family.
2nd Cook/Caterer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2018
Working here for as long as I did was great. You got to know the staff and students. Meet people from all walks of life. Everyone gets treated equally.
Do not work for facilities
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2018
If you don’t kiss there butts they will find a way to get rid of you. They make you do two positions for little pay. The morale there is very low and it’s a Hostile work environment the works are not happy there. Do not work here RUN you can get a haier paid jobs somewhere other then here.
SECURITY CORPORAL (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time there and only left because of a military deployment, I work there for almost 20yrs and I enjoy my time with the company. I was a supervisor for most of my time there and management did a great job of supporting their supervisors.
Poor Leadership
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 1, 2017
Poor Leadership and a disconnect across the board from top to bottom. Dangerous part of the city of Philadelphia. Never felt safe while on campus or driving to and from.
I respect my job.
Facility (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2017
The managers and employers are very nice to the employees. Working with the employees is fun. It is an honor for me to work with students and to server them.
Good position / nice campus
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2017
I enjoyed teaching here and I learned a lot which was very good. The students for the most part were good to work with. The staff was helpful and accommodating.
Pros
not stressful
Cons
low pay
Library Clerk
Library Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2017
Manager is great and really helpful with any questions that don't necessarily have to pertain to the job
Coworkers are really great, especially if you work the night shift
It's really easy to learn what you need to do on the job
Great place to work with super benefits good work/life balance
Management (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2016
I love my colleagues and really enjoy the tight knit community atmosphere of this institution dedicated to healthcare and science. Solid leadership now in place so the dust has settled and we can continue to forge ahead as a premier University focused on healthcare professions.
Pros
Summer Fridays off, 8% university contribution to 403B, 17 days of paid time off, winter break and free gym/recreation center for employees
Cons
Good
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 3, 2016
I enjoy working as a tutor because I love to see students learn how to solve new problems and answer questions based on the knowledge they learn.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Terrible place to work if you work for Public Safety
Department of Public Safety (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2016
This is the worst place I have ever worked. The managers are terrible and there are no opportunities for advancement. The pay is also terrible. Complaints are overlooked or rather brushed under the carpet by management. The morale of the department is horrible and the workers have no idea what they are doing. Run for cover!
Pros
tuition reimbursment
Cons
Terrible co-workers and idiot management. The pay sucks! You will never get a raise!
Good college and graduate school for the sciences major
Graduate Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2015
The overall experience working for the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia was positive. Managers are very knowledgeable and helpful.
Experience dependent on personal drive and research advisor
Ph.D. Candidate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2013
The University of the Sciences is a small university, which suffers from growing pains and inefficient program management. Overall, I have had a good experience given that I have had excellent professors and an extremely intelligent, hard working research advisor.
Supervised lab students during organic lab experiments
Organic Chemistry Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2013
A typical day at work involved checking the students pre-lab write-ups and ensuring that each step in the procedures for the experiments were understood. Guided students through their experiments and graded their results, laboratory techniques, and lab reports. The most enjoyable part of the job was the joy of knowing that I helped someone learn more about Organic Chemistry.
Interesting Institution
Director of Fitness and Wellness (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2013
Friendly students and staff that added to the work environment. Changing dynamics and new buildings positively added to the student environment.
Pros
dining hall
Cons
too many weekends working