Univision Communications Inc Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Network Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 10, 2018
Excellent work environment. good growing opportunities, open space, casual dress code. latin work environment and culture. Good management, flexible and understanding.
excelent review
operator Standar and Practices (Former Employee) –  Miami FlOctober 1, 2018
work very comfortable. My work was always recognized. My supervisors are excellent people with a human integrity and very good relationship with employees.
Univision was a great company
Accomplished and innovative executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 27, 2018
I did amazing work for Univision, I also got the opportunity to learn about the media industry in all aspects. I gained a lot of knowledge that will now help me advance in my new career path.
Uncertainty due to constant lay offs and changes
Associate Producer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Employee morale needs to be addressed and wrap up the staff reduction so those that have survived can concentrate on moving forward without further fear of elimination, this causes a very negative and nonproductive environment.
Local Media Accounting / Administrative Assistant
Local Media Accounting / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 14, 2018
Very good. Very good company. Exceeds expectations.Typical day at work is fun. Management is excellent. Workplace culture is diverse. The hardest part of my job was meeting deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job was expanding my knowledge.
A once leader has lost its way
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  NewSeptember 12, 2018
What used to be the undisputed leader in Spanish language has languished by focusing on everything but Hispanics and Spanish language. The new CEO has already provided some much needed prioritization and a refocus on the core business. Hopefully, the new leadership team can help right the ship on one of the most admired and trusted brands for Latinos in America
Pros
Brand equity and trust
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement for Latinos
staff accountant
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 8, 2018
Verify and post daily Accounts Receivable transactions to journals and other records
 Maintained aging report for all Account Executives to insure timely collections
 Provide updated billing information to our Corporate Credit Managers
 Maintained Accounts Payable invoices weekly; assist with AP accruals at month end
 Download Talent payroll report for Programming Manager to review then submit to corporate payroll for processing
Great co-workers
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
Wonderful Executive Assistants, always willing to work as a team and help one another in any way possible.

Most enjoyable part of the job are co-workers. Hardworking and also pleasant to deal with no matter the situation.
productive
Assistant & News Coordinator to V.P of News (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 21, 2018
learned a lot from working at the company, very high professionals but the lack of employee advancement is disappointing. Looking forward to my new job.
I worked as a freelance
Graphics Set Designer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 14, 2018
I worked for Sabca Productions designing all the Univision News Sets background graphics in the in US and Puerto Rico.
I create proposals for 3D bumpers used in the Promotions Department.
This work was great.
Pros
freelance
Cons
freelance
Tiring
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2018
Working on set, it’s very long hours. The people were fun to work with. As said the hours are very unpredictable, call time would be 7 am and be off at midnight
Energetic and fun workplace with a loose dress code
Brand Integration Group, Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2018
Univision is a creative and fun place to work. The environment is conducive to innovative thinking and big ideas. The television production life is one of long hours and tight deadlines, but when you are surrounded by like-minded, inspired people it makes the hours and the stress more manageable. A typical work day is 8 hours unless you are involved in a production, and then your days could stretch into the 10-12 hour range. But days like these are the exception and not the rule. Either way, you are always surrounded by creative people who share a common goal.
Pros
Work environment and employee culture
Cons
Long hours and stressful situations
Productive company
Manager, Local TV & Radio (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
Ensure deadlines for the day/week were being met.
Learned too many things to list.
Open door policy.
Multiple workplace culture.
Staying competitive.
Being productive and successful.
Pros
Career Training Opportunities
Cons
Difficult market
I enjoyed working with Them
Assignment Desk Editor, Field Producer (Former Employee) –  MiamiJuly 16, 2018
Univision Miami was for me the second home, if you want and you have interest you can work in several fields that you master. I was able to work on the morning news, on the evening news program as Field Producer for a client, Field Producer for the money machine segment, Field producer for the talents during their attendance at community events and Product integration producer for news Al Amanecer. I always kept myself very busy and enjoyed what I was doing ... it was an excellent experience
Pros
Free breakfast, Free workshop of various subjects
Amazing workplace
Staff (Escort) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2018
This is a great place to work at for people who are in the media/production field. You get to experience and learn a lot of things working here in Univision
Pros
Free food, great environment
Cons
Low pay
Daily Operations
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2018
Meeting with sales manager.
Review new and existing costumers.
Cold calling for new business acquisition.
Set up sales presentation for that specific week.
Great place to start a career
TELEVISION PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you get to work with. You are respected for good work, promotions are not the norm, but I saw it happen a couple of times.
Univision PR
Production Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 6, 2018
a platform where you can learn and develop as a communicator. Always willing to show me and show me the practice and fill me with information. Very attentive to the safety and standards of the company. They promote ethics, professionalism and teamwork.
It was a great experience
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 29, 2018
Worked there over 20 years and held many roles. At the time, it was a company that valued it's employees and promoted from within. It was a different time and I hear much has changed.
Pros
hard but rewarding work
Cons
Like everything in life, the company changed. As it became successful, and ownership changed, Univision lost its 'heart'.
My co-workers are wonderful
Avid Ingest Operator (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJune 28, 2018
My job is a routine task. I learned as they upgrade the Avid system.
I work with a group of 4 people in the morning. I give support to the morning network show.I love my co-workers, management is questionable.
Pros
I have a great schedule
Cons
Healthcare is too expensive