Univision Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Ambiente apropiado para desarrollar mi labor
LOCUTOR PROGRAMA PRIMER IMPACTO UNIVISION (Former Employee) –  Miami estados UnidosMay 3, 2018
Una empresa gigante en EE UU con grandes directores y con una filosofia de excelencia en toda su produccion.Hago mi trabajo desde mi estudio de grabacion y envio todo como un teletrabajo.excelente en todo el sentido de la palabra
Pros
no hay seguridad por que no fui contrtatado de planta
Cons
ninguno
muy bueno
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalApril 23, 2018
la producción era muy pequeña pero el ambiente laboral era siempre bueno
Pros
calidad de vida
Cons
solo fue por temporada
Good company
Executive Producer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 20, 2018
Good environment. The Director is an experienced profesional that you can learn a lot from them. Good workplace Culture. Good management. Good team work.
Productive and great ambiance to work in.
Administrative Assistant, (INTERN) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2018
I had a tremendous experience working for Univision. I enjoyed my daily assignments. They included me in everything- meetings. lunches, brunches etc. They are very professional and caring.
Pros
Free breakfast- every Friday.
Cons
Wanted free lunch too.
Vey collaborative team; management was very accesible and effective.
BROADCAST SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2018
Very collaborative and supportive co-workers; management was very fair; very accesible; you really felt part of a team. The work itself was very challenging since one had familiarize with different parts of equipment and systems. It could be very stressful if something went wrong on a live program.
Probably the hardest part of the job is that sometimes only one engineer on shift.
The most enjoyable was the support of my co-workers; the experience that I acquired in the industry.
Pros
Collaboration, temawork, supportiveness.
Cons
For long hours only, only one engineer per shift.
productive
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJMarch 13, 2018
During a typical work day i would take payments from the customers. Read my email ,print a report for unapply payments. Review the transactions on the report then check the corporate email for documentation about that transaction attach it on oracle then apply the payment if possible. Long standing unapply payments would be research.
Productive, fast paced place to work
Manager/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLFebruary 4, 2018
First US Hispanic Network that became one of the top 4. It is a fast paced environment, very creative and dedicated team, US Hispanics is their number #1 priority.
My Experience
Choreographer / Artistic Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2018
I love working at Univision. I worked there for 14 years until Sabado Gigante finished and the show got cancelled. This years were the best years if my life. I would have liked to have health benefits or any kind of benefits. I was considered "freelance" because I was not full time. All in all, great place to work at.
Career Development
Director of Finance Operations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 3, 2017
During my tenure at Univision where I started as a Senior Accountant, I had the opportunity to grow to the professional I'm today. My first step up the ladder was the promotion to Accounting manager where I was exposed to the business plan process and sport rights allocation. At this point, I was already captivated, curious and determined to learn more about the operations side. Reasons for me taking the challenge to become a Business Manager at a different state without hesitation. At this role, I had the opportunity to managed the finance for major events like World Cup in SA, Gold Cup, Copa America. Soon thereafter, I had the opportunity to managed the finance for the Sports Cable Channel launch as the Director of Finance and also accountable for the Division's finance.
I'll never go back
Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJOctober 18, 2017
I didn't like it there. Management is terrible. You're trained by another employee and not the manager. I was trained by someone who had been there for 2 months before I got hired and they expected me to know everything from someone who didn't know everything themselves. I was fired and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I was miserable there.
Pros
They bought cake at the end of each month to celebrate everyone's birthday.
Very good place to work
Somebody (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2017
Management is great .
Company culture is great.
Flexible work arrangements.
Does not have good benefits.
Does not have a lot of growth opportunities.
Company in transition
Manager (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJJune 26, 2017
Culture is evolving. Management is trying to grow the business and the market is reflecting changing tastes. New acquisitions should help with the transition but growing pains need to be worked through.
Weekend News Reporter
Weekend News Reporter (Former Employee) –  Miami,FLORIDAMay 18, 2017
I assisted the weekend news reporter. Conducted interviews and helped with editing pieces and rundowns. Conducted research and organized news pieces. Kept contact with Police active calls and dispatched news crew.
Pros
Interesting and active
Cons
Unpaid position
productive
Assistant Editor (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAApril 27, 2017
Great learning experience. Started off as an assistant editor. Great company and workplace. I would recommend this company to beginners and as a long run job.
summary
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 3, 2017
very good company to work for, however, the company has a very bad turn over rate due to business deals made by owners and ceo's that almost never benefit the employees for long-term stability. you never know when you're gonna get laid off. there is always something happening with departments being outsourced, and people getting fired or demoted or moved around doing different things.
but, it is a good company in regards that the people make it good. it is a nice environment when you're not getting laid off.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management
Muy excelente y mucho profesionalismo
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 30, 2017
El profesionalismo de la cadena es muy excelente, y capaz de llevar a cada hogar una imagen de toda programacion...
working as a team is the best quality
Reporter (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 9, 2017
The work equipment is top technology. The work environment is very professional. Meeting datelines and stay focus on any give assignment. The staff crew is very passionate.
Pros
The work schedule is flexible.
Cons
Be on call and personal time is limited.
Great
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work, nice friendly people in a nice teamwork environment. Everyone gets along and help each other achieve the company goals.
A place where stories are made
Shooter/Editor/VR/Assistant Producer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day at work involved us researching new and interesting stories to tell our viewers. Stories that we were passionate about telling and shooting. I learned to really bring together a story from start to finish. I also learned to produce a series together and deliver it. My co-workers came from so many different backgrounds and it was great to meet all of them and work with them. The hardest part of the job was the management. They were fairly new to everything and everyone and were trying to expand too quickly without giving out all of the information which caused mistakes and miscommunication to happen.
Pros
experience
Too many changes ended in firing many people
Associate Publisher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 14, 2017
I would research and write during the first hours, and going to the movies later on, to review them the next day. My supervisor didn't recognize the great effort I was putting, but I enjoyed doing it, although it was very life consumming. I made good friends. The hardest part was working so many hours without a recognition. The best was watching the movies and interviewing movie stars, sometimes traveling.
Pros
Traveling, entertainment
Cons
Being laid off with nothing as severance.