UNLV Medicine

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

The workplace is okay and people here are good.

There is potential for growth here at UNLV. It depends on the department but there's a particular management that I am not fond of. In general it's okay.

management in certain depts. are unsure of how to do their jobs

management is unsure how t to their jobs at some locations and lean on the other staff to help the management complete their tasks, which makes it harder for the staff to complete their own tasks.

Toxic Work Environment

Current Clinical Admin @ gen & plastic surgery and the call center manager have made the work place so toxic. I had to leave. Shortstaff all the time

Pros

Pto

Cons

Managers, shortstaff, under appreciate

Toxic work environment

No room for growth. The employee moral is horrible and the clinics are always short staffed. Temporary employees are hired all the time to fill in the empty positions but they also can’t take the work environment/ culture so they also quit after a few days of work. There’s some “clinic senior manager/ clinic administrators” that take advantage of there position to bully and belittle employees. HR department is a joke and your complaints are not taken seriously. Finally, the pay and benefits aren’t great at all.

Pros

Cons

Overworked, unappreciated, stressed, underpaid

Management is awful!

Management does not know how to manage. They will boss you around without asking the employees first. When I was a temp I was asked to work at multiple locations without being asked if that was ok with me. I had to go to Henderson, the office, and the School on Maryland. Sometimes when work was slow they would people to leave, I was one of those people. When they hired my full time I still had to through my 90 day probation even though I’ve been working for almost a year. In the time I’ve been here many people have quit including HR. They say they’re the best but they don’t care about Patients or their Employees.

Pros

Benefits. They also bought us lunch every once in awhile

Cons

Everything else

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Great organization for employees and clients

Wonderful company that provides great care to clients and a supportive environment for staff. UNLV Medicine has provided many opportunities for professional growth and a great team of staff that work together closely for the benefit of their clients. Therapists, psychiatrists, nurses, case managers, etc. work together closely to coordinate care for the people they serve.

Low pay & non existent HR programs lol

The hr here is really slacking. There is no comradry stuff set up by them. There are no annual reviews and no yearly raises no raises for years! It’s really bad there due to poor HR. Pay raises should be implemented at least yearly. Out of date paybands etc. the entire HR needs reworked for this start up

Pros

Some freedom to improve processes because its a new place

Cons

Low pay no yearly increases hr dead fish

Professional, supportive affiliated with the medical school.

A growing organization that is strategically planning ways to provide excellent care and a positive work environment. Trauma-informed staff. Professional autonomy with clinical support.

Pros

Professional, strong reputation, Great work hours

Cons

Short-staffed

Productive/comfortable/great mangement !

Ever since I transferred to a new department I no longer have any complaints about unlv medicine. My new position is productive, fun and comfortable. I have a great team and Great management! Yes its had its ups and its downs but at the end things got better .

Pros

Great team //Great management

Cons

Not getting paid enough

Worst job I ever had

Worst job in my 20+ years of professional work. Top level management is TERRIBLE. There is absolutely no vision or strategic direction - just a lot of incompetent people in constant "scramble" mode. The work culture is bizarre and seems to be based entirely on favoritism. Just an unrelenting and wearyingly negative experience. Compensation and benefits are ok.

Not recommended

Employees are treated with no respect. There is absolutely no work life balance. These doctors have zero empathy at all. It is the most bizarre work culture I have ever experienced. If you don't fit in perfectly with how they expect you to be, you are shunned as an outcast and treated so badly you are forced out. UNLV prides itself on diversity, but this is the most conformist workplace I've seen. Sure it is racially diverse, but it has absolutely zero tolerance for people who not share their exact ideas and agree to do things exactly like they decided is correct. Basically you need to be an agreeable robot with no individual ideas to survive.

Benefits

Cons

Very bad management, work culture, and work life balance

Great

Great place to work. Set your own hours, can do homework when it's slow, and staff and customers are a pleasure to work with. Plenty of room for advancement.

Place to work for Entry-level who doesn't plan on moving up

This place was a learning experience. This place is unable to keep employees. High turn over and under staff. Leadership runs everything! You have people making decisions for your clinic who does not know the workflow or the work. Lack of patient care and Lack of care for their employees! If you like a fast, over work,no advancement and management talking to you with little respect this is the place. If the work load was divided up evenly, change in Leadership, free tuition for employees, room to grow and patient care to the fullest this place will have potential to be great!

Don’t work here. They do not care about the employees at all!

It’s nothing like they paint it when you interview. Everyone is overworked and they don’t appreciate hard workers. Turn around is very high and if your not a favorite forget about it. Write ups all the time and constantly being told that your going to be written up for stuff that other people do and have been doing for years! Seems like seniority rules and the work rules and regulations don’t apply to them. This place is a joke and they overwork everyone and blame the employees for their poor management.

Pros

Met some nice people, good benefits

Cons

Underemployed, overworked, no appreciation for employees and too much favoritism and most of all horrible management

It is a joke

I started there thinking it was going to be a good place to work.With in a couple of days I was asking myself what did I get myself into didn’t get proper training the lead does thing when she wants. The pay is not worth what is asked if you,PLEASE KEEP IN MINE NO ANNUAL RAISED THEY SAY THE DO AND THEY DONT. Don’t get me wrong there good people there but majority of them have just settled and NO ROOM FOR GROWTH

Pros

Good people

Cons

No structure

Headed in the right direction

It has been hectic since the transition but it feels like things are coming together. Slowly making progress and headed in the right direction. They do the best that they can for employees considering that UNLV Medicine is actually a new startup.

work experience

Loved the work experience had own space and worked with two doctors at one point. Loved my co workers and patients. Learn alot from my doctors and patients.

Pros

Work at your speed, had my own room and space

Cons

lack of management

Do not recommend

A typical day at work was influenced by poor management and confusion surrounding what exactly was expected of me. I learned to say yes too much just to appease the supervisors and became overworked.

Good

The beautiful thing about UNLV Medicine was the people, my Lead, Supervisor, Manager and Director were all very smart kind people. My co-workers were amazing, we had a cohesive team with daily morning huddles that included both A/R and Coding our departments worked closely together and we had a good work/fun balance. I was sad to leave this grgroupgroupofpeople.

amazing company for entry-level or experienced

Working at UNLV was one of the best experiences I have had in my career thus far. My old department not only gave back to the community but to their own staff. They genuinely cared about their employees and strived for success internally and in the community. They take chances on their employees and provide continuing education and advancement with their long term goal UNLV will continue to serve the underserved community. Management treated everyone with dignity and respect and strived to provide an atmosphere that employees enjoyed coming to work. The hardest part of the job at one point was lack of direction and delegation but that quickly resolved with new management. Highly recommended.

great people willing to help

Great place to work, very friendly people, no drama, great benefits, management is fair and friendly, pay is fair and great location. doctors are great, learn a lot due to teaching school

Common questions about UNLV Medicine

Answered by current and former employees at UNLV Medicine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNLV Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6