Unocal Corporation

Working at Unocal Corporation: 8 Reviews

Supervisor

Like many oil and gas organization, a typical day of work can vary. Depending on department and team. Unocal was an enjoyable company to work for, now owned by Chevron

Unocal Geothermal provided an exciting and rewarding work environment to professionally learn and grow

Unocal Geothermal developed, owned and operated the world's largest portfolio of geothermal power production assets. It provided excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth. It was a fast paced work place with solid financial resources and excellent opportunity for advancement.

Unocal Corp

A great company to work in the hey day of big oil in the mid-90s. They were acquired by Chevron in 2005 which was kind of a shame as they were the last of the big independent oil producers in California.

Pros

Great work/Life balance

Typical mid-size company culture.

This company has been sold and is no longer in business. There is no reason for a review due to the impossibility for future employment at this company due to the selling of all assets.

Pleasant hard working employees

Considerable travel in working with employees and contractors. Many days - weeks with long rewarding hours. Management listens and responded favorable to comments.

Pros

good management

Work with great people.

Worked lots of long hours, worked with some good people, most managers were good people, worked many different locations.

Excellent company to work for

Unocal offered excellent training for young engineers. Cross training is encouraged. Unocal offered excellent salary and fringe benefits. Culture diversity is well managed.

Typical Fortune 100

I was an internal consultant doing project based work. So the work situation and environment changed from project to project. In large corporations there is too much waste of everything from paper clips to human talent. My job was to try to resolve that some - especially to remove the blocks from human innovation. But eventually it was MY innovations that were blocked. My last job there was selling the division I worked for - a $6B sale. (billion with a B)

Pros

The checks never bounced

Cons

Tons of bureaucratic apathy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unocal Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Unocal Corporation in popular locations

• Unocal Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?