UPC Insurance Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Sr. Complex Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 15, 2019
I was in transition moving to another state and retiring from my prior employer. UPC was willing to allow me the opportunity to work through transition as a remote professional and complete my relocation.

Comment – January 17, 2019

We're so happy to have you as part of the UPC Family. Thanks so much for this stellar review!

Fun workplace with a lot of growth potential
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLOctober 31, 2018
Workplace culture is fun and inclusive and everyone is friendly. Everyone is more than willing to help if you ever have a question. Management is very available and involved in daily life at UPC. I highly recommend working here if you're looking for growth in your professional career and a collaborative, exciting atmosphere.

Comment – November 1, 2018

We re so happy to have you as part of the UPC Family. Thanks so much for this stellar review!

Stay away!!!!! I repeat stay away!!!
Property Adjuster (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLOctober 11, 2018
People leave the company all the time in property claims. They just dump the files on other adjusters. The claims system is so old takes close to an hour to close a claim. Get ready for a nightmare pending of 80 claims. All this while the management has some horrible metrics to measure the claims adjuster. Famous statement...I know your slammed and behind, but I need you to work on this.... Next day your getting slammed for not closing claims or the new one taking phone calls. I would compare the adjusters work tools as a model T speed process, but management think you are working with a sports car, it a joke. I would love to see the directors work 5 new claims start to finish. The whole management is so far removed from knowing how busy the adjusters it's like a happy workplace to them.
Pros
Cons
Everything, underpaid and overworked

Comment – October 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide an overview of your time with UPC. We are taking your feedback very seriously and hope that it can be used to provide a better experience for our future employees. We are committed to making sure that every employee at UPC feels valued, satisfied, and that they are contributing to something much larger than themselves; all while providing an acceptable work/life balance.

UPC Insurance offers amazing experiences for interns and college students. Even if summers are only available!
Internship (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJuly 2, 2018
UPC has been very great to me. As a full time college student at USFSP, my schedule can sometimes be unusual. UPC has fortunately worked with me to discuss hours that work with UPC, as well as my own best interest. Some places I have previously worked have had a very tense, unhealthy atmosphere, while others have had a non-professional, nonchalant atmosphere. I don't think of UPC's atmosphere as being strictly professional, or recklessly casual. UPC's atmosphere has more of a welcoming feeling. You will find that UPC employees are all very close and are non-selective when it comes to making friends and collaborating with one another. I enjoy learning all I can from this company and have only had great experiences with every UPC employee I have met thus far.

Overall: Great fast-growing company. Welcoming, cool, and interesting people. Free lunches on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Casual work clothes on Thursdays and Fridays.

Comment – July 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review about your experiences with UPC! We're so glad that you've found the atmosphere and the team to be beneficial for your career goals!

Worst place imagineable
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 13, 2018
The hiring process was a night mare,but I decided to accept. Bad choice. The work atmosphere is awful, the ones who work hard are given more to do, while managers pets, do less.They waste a lot of time moving us around, meetings, where we can learn what the ceo has bought and places he traveled. The managers basically throw people under the bus as they are concerned for losing their job. People quit or are fired routinely. There was an issue that i had planned on complaining to HR, but was advised due to my gender that it was not advised.
Pros
food
Cons
all other
Growing company with a remarkable staff from the top to the bottom
Litigation Adjuster (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 7, 2018
I can say without anyone twisting my arm that UPC has a great culture, one that I have not yet experienced in my professional career. From the CEO down to the Building Facilities Coordinator, everyone is kind, professional, and extremely personable. I have never worked for a company with sky-high morale like this. It's quite remarkable. The changes referenced in negative reviews are a product of growth. No one on my team has voiced concern over losing their job. On the contrary, if there is any concern, it is whether or not they will be promoted, as the company does a great job of promoting from within and allowing staff to apply to any openings available. My only knock is that I do not live in St. Petersburg, but that's not their fault.

Great company all around, and I am grateful to be employed by them. I hope to remain a part of the UPC team for a very long time.
Pros
Advancement, morale, free lunches, benefits
Cons

Comment – June 11, 2018

We’re so happy to have you as part of the UPC Family. Thanks so much for this great review! We're so glad that you've found our growth strategies and culture to be beneficial to your career goals!

Great Place to Work!
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 16, 2018
UPC has been a great place to work! The people here are friendly and always willing to help one another. My fellow employees is my favorite part of the job, along with the fact that UPC is truly looking to help people. I would definitely recommend UPC to any of my friends!

Comment – April 20, 2018

Thank you for this review! We're proud to have you as part of the UPC family!

Worse place imaginable
Claims (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 5, 2018
After being on the job for three days i knew i had made a mistake. I now see why recruiters laughed and discouraged applying. I moved and this was available. The positive reviews are obviously from a pr company. Can not wait to find another company.
Pros
Walking out the door
Cons
Walking in the door

Comment – April 6, 2018

We pride ourselves on being committed to making sure that every employee at UPC feels valued and satisfied. The reviews left on our site are from some of our amazing employees and we feel they highlight the best aspects of working for UPC. Should you have any additional feedback, please contact our HR department. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

I love being a part of the UPC Family!
Sales Manager/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 27, 2018
Going to work is fun! The people, the culture, the vibe... It is a privilege to be a part of the UPC Family!

Since day one, I have always been most impressed with the teams of people UPC brings together. Individually, and collectively, we each play an active role in the growth of the company. Daily, I feel valued and challenged to be the best I can be.

We are a billion dollar company, and our CEO knows the employees by name. That's cool!! From the top down, leadership does a lot to create a good culture and keep people engaged... From competitive pay, to great benefits with a generous 401K match, to weekly lunches, company outings, and gym reimbursements. I especially enjoy our monthly company meeting where our CEO, CFO, COO, CLO, CRO, and others address the company with updates and encouragement to keep us going.

If you are a self-starter, and have a positive attitude, you too may love being a part of the UPC Family!

Comment – March 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review about your experiences with UPC! We're so glad that you've found the culture and the leadership team to be beneficial for your career goals!

Fast-growing company with great culture
Director (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 16, 2018
I love working at UPC. Our culture sets us apart from other companies. Because we are growing very fast, there are various advancement opportunities, and employees are often promoted from within. In addition to generous benefits, including company matched 401K and fully company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance, we get free lunches on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, free baseball game outings, and company-provided bicycles.
Pros
Great benefits

Comment – March 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this stellar 5-star review!

See nothing has changed in the last year
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMarch 14, 2018
I was just curious to see the reviews and same as last year: ever-changing management; managers afraid to lose their job so taking actions based on same. Our manager was so afraid to lose her job, so she would try to hide things to upper management -- by having us pay on claims that we should've fought. She also was wishy-washy by telling you to do something, you'd do it and she'd change her mind and you'd get on trouble. Her behavior was the same way with our hired defense counsel and she displayed this rude, confused behavior to them. Many managers in cross departments came and went, some after 3 months in their position. The turnover with adjusters was the same.
Pros
work from home sometimes
Cons
management, workload, performance expectations unclear

Comment – March 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide an overview of your time with UPC. We are committed to making sure that every employee at UPC feels valued, satisfied, and that they are contributing to something much larger than themselves; all while providing an acceptable work/life balance.

Everyone is on pins and needles
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33701February 16, 2018
Management is not in touch with the front line workers. Everyone is concerned that at the end of the day the will not have a job. It was was pleasant to have meetings once a month, to listen to the CEO list of his assets and travel.

Comment – February 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide an overview of experience at UPC. We pride ourselves on being committed to making sure that every employee at UPC feels valued and satisfied. Our core values and culture are very important to us. We hope that employees feel comfortable enough to go to their managers or HR if they have concerns.

Comment – March 7, 2018

The employees do not feel valued or satisfied, rather, they feel over worked, over whelmed, and under appreciated, which typically falls on deaf ears, when mentioned to management! The majority of managers are just as concerned that they will not have a job and are reluctant to provide any relief, for fear of termination. There are no moral values, the culture is imaginary and there is constant rhetoric, of how they desire culture and core values to be. HR is completely biased, consistently arriving at erroneous decisions and their biggest concern is where the next meal will come from. As such, good employees will continue to leave.

Awesome Growth Opportunities
Sales & Marketing Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 22, 2018
I've been with UPC since 2014 and have had the pleasure of working in 3 different positions in that time. Each position change was an opportunity to grow and fine tune my skills. Management is great at making sure you love what you do, and if you are struggling, they provide opportunities for education or see if there are any other job opportunities, within the company, that leverage your talents. Hard work is appreciated and doesn't go unnoticed. It is a joy to be a part of a growing company with a warm, inviting culture, that invests in their employees.
Pros
Management, culture, benefits, growth opportunities, collaboration, Ceo

Comment – January 23, 2018

Thank for this review! We're so happy to have had you as a part of the UPC family for 4 years!

Best Company I Have Ever Worked For
Sales (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 19, 2018
UPC sets strong, attainable and exciting goals showing a promising vision for the future. UPC works to hire self-motivated employees who can get the job done which means no micro-managing. The employee appreciation and benefits are second to none and it is hands down, the best place I have ever worked. As a salesperson, there is no better team to be a part of!

Comment – January 22, 2018

We re so glad that you've found the benefits and leadership team to be beneficial to your goals! We're so happy to have you as part of the UPC family!

The place to work now and in the future
Interboro Pres.of Ins. & NE Regional Sales Dir. (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYJanuary 3, 2018
UPC is a Company that thinks of their employees and their business partners as their number one asset. The Sales Staff is head and shoulders among any other Company I have seen in my 30+ years in this industry and UPC is positioned to become the premier provider of property insurance in catastrophe-exposed areas. Senior Management is experienced, ready, willing and able to bring UPC into the future and will hire people that have the same attitude, determination and grit to do the same.

Comment – January 10, 2018

Thank you for this stellar review! We're looking forward to growing and we need amazing employees like you to do so!

Great work environment
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I enjoy working here! There is a strong work ethic and UPC values its employees. Benefits are many- some of the fun ones include bikes to use during lunch and lots of free lunches. We are encouraged to grow, learn and advance. I feel appreciated and love the environment.

Comment – January 10, 2018

We're so happy that you've found a great balance with us at UPC! We're proud to help our employees grow and the free food is just one way we like to say "thank you!"

Finally found my home away from home
Sales and Agency Support (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I say "I finally found my home away from home" because, well, I have. We are with our employers and co-workers for at least 40 hours a week - and working in an environment that allows growth not only in my career, but also personally is the best scenario I could ask for. I have been in insurance for 14 years as a producer, I took a risk of leaving that world and went to the company side, I am so glad I did. I have learned more and grown more with UPC in the past year than I have at any point in my insurance career.

There are many benefits to working at UPC, including: a great benefit package (health, life, vision, dental) and the company pays for most of that, opportunities for growth within the company, stand up desks, gym membership (with a gym right across the street)!

There is also a lot of FUN stuff too!!! We have UPC Bikes to ride all over downtown St. Pete, we have weekly lunches and lunch trucks, summer family picnics, and much more!!! Everyone who works here is happy to be here at UPC and you can tell that because every morning when you walk in, people are already smiling!

Don't let the above fool you, this is a fast moving, get the job done right, we are all a team, type of place. If you have drive, motivation, the ability to learn and also have a friendly attitude, this is the place you should be at.
Pros
The management is great, wonderful benefits and we get a lot of free food and we have a gym membership
Cons
I gained 25 lbs with the free food - I have to start going to the gym. :)

Comment – January 10, 2018

Thank you so much for leaving this highly detailed review! We take great pride in helping our employees grow, and providing them with a great work/life balance. This review will assist other job seekers in finding us, and we can only grow when we have talented and enthusiastic people!

Work when needed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 20, 2017
Well liked but not steady. Worked their through a staffing company. Work was fine staff was okay at times. Plenty of overtime offered with good pay ..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Non permanent positions.

Comment – January 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review - we are always welcome feedback to improve the lives of all our employees, full-time or part-time!

Nothing positive
Multi-State Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 14, 2017
Hard work was met with criticism, no support from upper management and a complete lack of understanding what the management positions entailed on a daily basis
Pros
Na
Cons
Na

Comment – December 5, 2017

We're sorry that your expectations were not met during your time at UPC! We pride ourselves on the great culture we've created, and opportunities that are made available to our employees. If there was anything that stuck out to you specifically, we are always open to constructive criticism and appreciate any kind of feedback so that we can work to create a better experience for our future employees.

UPC

Fast paced, rewarding, well compensated
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 30, 2017
There is a vibrant culture where individuals can have a direct effect on change. There is a fast paced environment with consistent expansion of product offerings so the work is never stagnant. Salaries are competitive. Self starters will be happy here and the claims department specifically has an extensive training program for those with less insurance background. The company is always looking for new ways to reward the employees such as company parties, sporting events, lunches, etc. The culture allows for individuals to be themselves in pleasant and collaborative work environment.
Pros
Culture allows for individuals to be themselves and have a direct impact on change
Cons
Insurance experience generally required

Comment – August 31, 2017

We're so glad to provide you with an environment that helps you grow as a person, and as a professional. We strive to ensure that each of our employees feels they are making a difference in the world. Thank you for leaving us this stellar review!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPC Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

UPC Insurance Reviews by Location