Updike Distribution Logistics Employee Reviews

great company
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2018
loved working here everyone is very helpful and friendly especially management. Everyone is willing to teach you something and enjoy doing so. Even the owners of the company are so laid back and down to earth. You see them just about everyday and they go out of their way to know each and every employee that work for them.
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
each vendor had own billing procedures to follow
Horrible place to work
Pallet Repair (Former Employee) –  Algona waMarch 30, 2018
I DO NOT recommend annyone to work at the algona location this facility is a saftey violation and there are multiple health risk. Management does not know how to solves problems thia ia a unorganized facility
Pros
Cons
Working in the building
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I loved my job at Updike Distribution Logistics. It was highly stressful position with new issues and challenges daily. The overall atmosphere on the job was, for the most part, pleasant and friendly. The hardest part of the job was making sure all orders were complete and ready to go every day despite any issues the customer company may be having such as a shortage of drivers or vehicles.
Can be relaxing at times but stressful and lack of communication
Warehouse Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 2, 2018
Poor new management sometimes you don't have time to take breaks or lunch, extended time without a minute to take break, facilities need a lot of work
Growing rapidly
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2017
I love working here. Since it is growing I am able to build a lot of programs from the ground up. Management allows me to be creative and test different methods. Very team oriented. The people I work with are awesome. They are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Team environment and open communication
Love this company
Management (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2017
Updike Distribution Logistics offers a friendly work environment. There are a lot of tenured employees who have been very loyal to the Updike family. Employees work together for the most part to help the company grow, which ultimately helps the employees growth. Huge advocates of internal growth. The training can improve, however.
Pros
Culture, approachable management team, friendly enviornment
Cons
Training, healthcare costs for family plans
good place
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 25, 2017
good management
HR is awesome
could use more diversity
teamwork is strongly encouraged and welcomed, could use better training methods and invest in their supervisors
Look elsewhere
Pallet Repair /Tipper (Former Employee) –  Algona, WAOctober 14, 2017
You will more then likely be let go by being called on the phone to not come in to work the next day, then the manager wont return your call after telling you to call to talk about it, then dodge your calls, no pink slip, no explanation, but they will tell you your doing a good job.
Pros
its work
Cons
They want quality and quantity but always fire and hire new people, that makes sense.
This was a ok job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 30, 2017
I got laid of after a few weeks working there they said that they were down sizing there company so since I was a temp I got cut and had to go some where else.
challenging but rewarding
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2017
I have been with the company for more than 5 years now and I must say it has had its up and downs like most smaller companies. Currently Updike is in growth mode and with that comes growing pains. We have had struggles with IT and operations however they have put new people in place and change is slow but in the right direction. I love what I do and the perks that come with the job. I enjoy working for the Updike brothers as they are the most personable people I have worked for.
Pros
family owned, Loyal, flexible, understanding
Cons
structured training
Not a terrible place, but not the greatest as well.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 5, 2017
The people I work with at the warehouse are great and a select few I would even call my friends. The work is hard labor, which I am use to doing but with that being said the pay is not that great. I believe I should be getting at least $12 for the work we do.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad pay
Horrible place to work, extremely poor management, no advancements etc
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Algona, WAMay 11, 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked. The place is not up to standards for OSHA. The management is terrible, the managers answer to every and any question you ask is "I don't know". Noone knows how to do payroll properly. Repairers and Sorters are always put on the back burner. There is absolutely no room for advancement at all you are stuck at $12.00 an hour for as long as work there. When expressing you concerns about your financial stability and or paycheck, they laugh in your face. There is no leadership what so ever. Payroll is constantly messed up. And piece rate guys are constantly screwed over. The whole place is a complete joke. The work you like a slave driver and never tell you "good job" or "way to go" you only hear the negative. There is a lot of favoritism and no common sense used in the place. They are complete scammers and so are there constumers. The work is VERY physical you will be sore and ache. They will make you work every Saturday and the repair guys don't get any OVERTIME. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. RUN WHILE YOU CAN!
Pros
No Pros what so ever
Cons
Terrible benefits, constantly over worked.
not a employee friendly company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 18, 2016
Poor management system no advancement opportunities pay raises are insulting to your hard work veteran employees who are not team players the only one thing that is good about this company is the human resources department the leader in that department is the shining star of the company
Pros
Cons
hot hot hot
Easy going type of job
Stocking Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 18, 2016
Good heavy lifting work if your trying to et back in shape , this was by far the hardest jobs I've ever had , not the best types of group of people but, the workout was too intense . Had fun here but, I got laid off
Too much drama
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2015
Dispatch not driver friendly, dispatch lies to drivers, like the ability to route freedom, home most weekends, great trucks and machanics
Not a very professional organization
General DC Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2015
Little to no support system. Not a very sound culture or plan for growth.

The Owner's were not supportive in terms of employee growth, a planned budget, or at least not publicly.
Productive Logistics company.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 21, 2013
Overall a good company to work for, but there was no advancement opportunity as it was a small new company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Updike Distribution Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7