Uplift Education Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
School Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2018
Great company to work for, family oriented and great management. You receive trainings yearly and are offered free classes such as CPR. Good benefits are provided thru their health program.
Great Experience So Far
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2018
3 months as a sub and very pleased with the working environment..I move around to different campuses every day. Schools are very organized and clean. Staff is very helpful and superlative.
Great place to be
PYP Dean of Scholars (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Uplift education is a great place to be, I would say my only disagreement would be the pay, I believe that management and teachers pay can be more competitive with ISDs.
Challenging and fast -paced Ed Reform organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2017
If you are looking for an innovative organization in the ed reform space, Uplift Education is a great fit. Uplift has grown quickly in the past 8-10 years, and requires a lot of hard work and resilience, but is incredibly scholar-focused.
Productive and fun work experience!
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2017
Working with the Uplift academy was great. The teachers and staff members were amazing they were always there to lend a helping hand when needed. Even if I needed to stay late someone would offer to stay with me just to show me the ropes.
Great Place to Work and Advance
Educator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
Uplift Education is a great place to work. Although there are some conformity issues I had, for the most part, I was able to be myself and do what I do best--prepare scholars for the next grade and life.
Not the right fit
Primary Music Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2017
The drive was far for me however, there were locations closer to my home that I could have applied for but I had signed a contract with this public charter campus in Fort Worth, the commute was an hour each way every day of the school year - plus training. The training didn't totally prepare me to be successful in the classroom and the observations by director and deans didn't either. I was just given more to do. I would make suggestions about scheduling and be ignored. I don't think the admin always did what was in the best interest of the children.
Pros
they have updated their pay
Cons
admin was not always kind or helpful. classes were full. Student behavior was not satisfactory, student motivation to do their best was not satisfactory
Mission Driven Organization that seeks to provide a quality education.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Uplift Education is an organization that seeks to serve the under-served. It's mission is based on its core values. I.e., Rise Together, Inspire Innovation, Scholars First, and Elevate Expectations.
Subsititue Teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I make sure that I execute the lesson plan left by the teacher. I also make sure that the kids are able to ask me questions pertaining to the work at hand.
In addition I make sure that I uphold a learning environment that is successful!
Lots of hardwork to help student
Educator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2016
Work very hard with little room for advancement.
Little voice in communication with management.
Most co-workers supportive in your position depending on campus.
Advancing hardest part of employment
Most enjoyable part of work is teaching and watch students shine.
Pros
Building relationship with students and co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, no breaks
Great adult culture
Campus Director (Principal) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 29, 2016
Family feeling in each school, teachers are underpaid like all educational institutes, but the network has worked really hard to change that as much as possible.
Pros
working in communities with great families
Cons
tough to recruit highly qualified talent
Good place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2016
I haven't been with this company long. However, there seems to be plenty of opportunity for advancement and the culture is very positive.
Amazing place to work with very high expectations
K-4 Intervention Specialist & K-2 Phonics Coach (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2016
Uplift Education is a charter here in the DFW area that believes in providing the best quality education for at risk students. Their mission is to send 100% of our scholars to college. Their motto reads, 'Not if, but when!'
As an educator, we were required to arrive for work by 7:30 as scholars arrived to eat breakfast. We were required to stay until carline ended, around 4-4:30.
Management at Triumph Preparatory was amazing. Our leaders valued us a educators and people. They understood the difficulties and challenges of working in the world of education, and tried their hardest to provide a healthy work life balance.
The most difficult part of the job were the hours and pressure of performing. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our scholars thrive academically and reach their goals. There is nothing like seeing your scholars achieve and have pride in themselves.
Pros
Wellness Wednesdays, work time, recognition
Cons
long hours, pressure
School was okay
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 3, 2016
Health services staff and nurses.....
At interview, you will be interrupted. Save your breath. Its not worth it.
Honeymoon ends quickly, expectations are hidden. Staff lie for each other
Pros
The kids are great
Cons
Low pay for expectations, micromanagement, unprofessionalism at its best during meetings
Great Team Environment
Instructional Coach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2016
Great place to work! Professional and builds skills in the area you teach or work in. They are very geared towards making the best teachers for the scholars they serve.
Productive and fun place to work
Middle School Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irving, TexasFebruary 17, 2016
It's great to be part of a dynamic team that truly cares about scholar growth, both socio-emotionally and academically.
Workplace
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Fun environment excellent school system
Each school is different
They encourage students to go to college after graduation
Lots of school spirit
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No disciplinary action for scholars
bait and switch
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 21, 2015
not worth your time; micromanagement; no resources or orientation; favoritism; unrealistic expectations......................................
Pros
kids
Cons
staff
Exciting Work Environments
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at Uplift Education would start with a kind, positive greeting at the front desk where basic instructions or necessary documents were given. You then would be directed or personally guided to the classroom in which you were to cover along with an assurance of further instructions left specifically by the teacher being covered. Strong guidelines and expectations were set for the students encouraging discipline and leadership.
Pros
Job Flexibility
Productive and family oriented workplace.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
A typical day at work is teaching and growing students. I've learned that Administrators is not always honest with you when it comes to how well you are doing at your job. Management works with certain people. My co-workers were like family, we kept each other encouraged. The hardest part of the job was getting bathroom breaks and meeting unrealistic deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing students improve and having summers off.
Pros
Having holidays off and working with children.
Cons
Not being supported and not getting bathroom breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uplift Education. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight