Uplift Family Services Employee Reviews

Review
Family Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAFebruary 27, 2019
What was once a good fitting for my life experience turned into an uncomfortable workplace that I felt did not value me. After returning from a 5 month break I noticed the staff had lost control of the residents.
Pros
Connections that were true
Cons
Management not concerned with mental health of workers
management
KatieA "HOPE" program Outpatient Clinician II (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Management did their best to make employees feel apart of the team. Non-profit mental health though is always more about the numbers then the clients. My particular manager was always honest and upfront about productivity and expectations.
a place to promote from within
Clinical Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2019
enjoy working here. have promoted within 2 years. enjoyed being a part of multi disciplinary teams. am always excited to come to the office based on the management team, the culture.
I've enjoyed my time there
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CADecember 4, 2018
I would recommend this place to others
Pros great benefits, supportive coworkers, continuous learning opportunities
Cons little to no life-work balance, limited upward mobility
Positive and negative aspects
Clinician II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 19, 2018
Positives:
-direct manager was amazing and supportive of work/life balance
-team was supportive, collaborative, and team-based approach
-supported to go to extra trainings
-good benefits

Negatives:
-flow of increased paperwork and processes that were inefficient
-difficulty collaborating with other teams, making transitions more difficult
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 16, 2018
Super flexible hours and a great company to be able to work independently as well as a team (great balance) Great management within the company. Company pay rate is competitive and takes care of its employees with training and a yearly wellness training to rejuvenate employees. Travel required in most positions to visit families and work with clients in the community. Super nice to be able to work independently and remotely on most days.
Pros
Wellness event, pay, flexible hours
Cons
work can be emotionally draining- remember self care
With a good team and manager, it's a good place to work
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 27, 2018
Any position can be challenging if the support you need is not in place.

Some days and weeks can stressful and overwhelming while others can go fairly smoothly. That is the nature of working with children and families. The work is needed and can be rewarding.
Pros
Flexible schedules, collaborative work environment
Cons
Long days or evenings, monthly on-call
Stressful work place because of co-workers and walking on egg shell environment.
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2018
Client's were wonderful, but work environment was like working with 12 year old school. Company provided great benefits, but turn overrate there was to high because of management in the office.
Pros
Clients
Abc
DIRECTOR OF FUND DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 6, 2018
Busy environment, good people on the team that want to make a difference. Boots on the ground people work extremely hard. Healthy collaboration amongst all programs.
Review
Residential Family Crisis Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 5, 2018
The job pays bad. Management changes like the wind, theres little to no direction, but your co workers are great and if you need experience working with very difficult, dangerous and at risk youth then this could be a nice stop for a year.
Good training
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2018
Training was amazing and supportive. Flexible schedule was good and the staff that you get to work with are motivated, inspired and bring hope to the families and children they work with.
Love to stay, but I need to get paid more
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAJuly 22, 2018
The people and the benefits are great. The workload is high, which make balancing personal life and work life difficult. Uplift Family Services is a non-profit agency. So the pay is not as competitive as other agencies. It was hard to stay afloat in the south bay area.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
Pay rate
Uplift
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 20, 2018
Uplift Family Services is made up of many different programs, each with their own workplace culture, typical day at work, advancement opportunities, etc. so please keep that in mind when reading other reviews. However, my experience at Uplift has been great - I love the people I work with and feel supported by coworkers and management. Every day is different. There are so many opportunities to learn and grow. The company offers amazing benefits and provides equipment such as a work phone and laptop.
Pros
supportive coworkers, paid mileage, company phone, company laptop, paid drive time, health/vision/dental benefits, 401k
Cons
driving all over the IE
low pace and comfortable place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 10, 2018
This job provides a lot of satisfaction. We see a lot of successful cases everyday. Providing assistance to clients is always the number one thing. Personable staff
Pros
flexible
Cons
no advancement possibilities, no overtime for admin
good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 3, 2018
All co workers are friendly, easy to get along and management was easy going a really well organised company with many great people working. I would even work through my breaks that's how much I liked working for Uplift Family Services.
Great Supervisor, but you better make your hours
Behavior Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 11, 2018
I love my current supervisor as she is super supportive of me both in my job and personally. This is rare. The agency claims that it takes care of it's staff, but I have only recently felt that about my current manager. The agency as a whole, I feel has forgotten what is important, our families and kids. It's all about the money. I do not feel that I get paid at all what I am worth and management constantly comments on how the agency is competitive with their pay.
Pros
Great Benefits, even though you pay for them
Cons
Worklife balance, compensation
Learning Experience
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 24, 2018
A good place to be with the right team. The team has to have the right chemistry and trust each other. There is a lot of favoritism at this branch in San Bernardino.
Pros
Pay, Can work remotely
Cons
Bad management
Working with kids in crisis
FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 20, 2018
Was let go my fourth month in without notice and union rep present. Management didn't follow protocol accroding to the union.
I didn't have any bad write ups and did not see this coming.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Lack of management skills
get the paper work in or die
Behavior specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2018
they provided extensive training which was good but the company was to large for any follow up of clarification when needed. there is no work place culture because everyone is trying to complete paperwork on time.
Pros
the biggest social service agency in the area.
Cons
you are just a cog in the works
A great place to build clinical skills out of grad school
Wraparound Facilitator and Clinician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I really loved my program and the work we did. The families we served and culture within my program was very positive, and there was lots of transparency and open communication. I had a strong team of support within my program, and felt very supported by both management and other people in the program. It is a very fast-paced, dynamic environment, which requires a great deal of flexibility and adaptability.
Pros
flexibility of schedule, supportive team of people, many opportunities for growth into other positions, opportunities for learning and to obtain training, funding within the program to support client's needs and resources
Cons
Work-life balance is very hard to find due to expectations of direct service time and paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uplift Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.