UPMC Employee Reviews

Found 2,469 reviews matching the search See all 2,497 reviews
Great company that truly cares about their hard working employees.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2019
I’ve gotten the opportunity to work with an amazing staff and even better management who has been 100% supportive every step of my career here as a pct.
Pros
Great working environment.
Cons
Not enough staff.
Watch out!
RN (Former Employee) –  pittJanuary 12, 2019
I started out in an outpatient specialty area....I was treated poorly by my fellow nurses. Was ridiculed and told "I was crazy " for returning to nursing after staying home to raise our son. I have never met so many bitter and negative people in 1 place; getting orders barked at me from the other nurses, the MA's and lab staff.
I transferred into another area. That didn't work out either. they say they don't discriminate because of age, but I didn't last through orientation in an area that was my forte. I believe that they were told to "find something" on me in order to get rid of me. The reason I was let go was Lame in my opinion. I used to love being a nurse, but not anymore. Nurse manager refused to listen to me said "it's your word against theirs" and walked away from me.
Pros
great hours
Cons
management, favoritism
UPMC Passavant
Speech Language Pathologist Intern (Former Employee) –  McCandless, PAJanuary 12, 2019
As a student, the support was wonderful. I was able to learn from various professionals in the field. Patient care was handled well within the inpatient rehab center. It was difficult to manage between SLP, PT, and OT for rehab hours, but overall it was done in a positive way for the patients.
Stressful and not because of patients
Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 10, 2019
Our office is micro managed and the moral here is horrible. There is a lack of proper communication between staff members and management is not consistent with all employees.
Stay away if possible
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Hamot was a great place to work before it was taken over by UPMC. A lot of experience and culture went out the door when they stopped focusing on the patients and employees and focused on nothing but ways to save money.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
More work but not more pay, lazy incompetent nurses and management.
Great company to work for and learn
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2019
was a nursing assistant, and performed patient care on different units through out the hospital. management and staff were easy to work with and get along with.
Abundant opportunities to find your healthcare niche
Senior Professional Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Broad array of job opportunities and ability to transfer within the system to find the place that is right for you.

Always striving for quality improvement as an organization.

Honored to be a part of a health system that provides specialized care in so many ways to so many people.
falls in the middle for competitive compensation, somewhat local commute
certified senior pharmacy technician. (CPHT.SR) (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 7, 2019
high turn around rate, employer wants the best employees they can hire, but does not treat employees like they are an asset. would be a better company as an entirety if management knew how to treat its employees.
Cons
management
Professional
Senior Professional Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2019
Professional but should be much more communication with leaders and staff. Staffing and coordinating schedules should also be improved. Many times particular employess did not have to follow the rules.
Opportunity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2019
Great job that helped myself find a love for the orthopedic field. Management was a little poor in particular position. Opportunity for employees to advance careers

Want to know more about UPMC?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Shadyside, PAJanuary 4, 2019
The environment at UPMC Shadyside Hospital on their BMT/Stem Cell transplant unit, was incredible. The staff is amazing at working together to make sure patient safety is a top priority.
tough work atmosphere, lack of guidance and training
Scheduler Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seven Fields, PA 16046January 2, 2019
Was little help in day to day training, MGR stated on day 1 hated her job, no one was a loud to talk, co-workers were not happy and didn't like their jobs as well, tough work day other temp quit due to treatment and lack of training
Pros
paid my bills
Cons
tough work environment, very stressful
License Practical Nurse/w Meds. Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 1, 2019
Had the best supervisor, very understanding, friendly,
flexible with schedule. great communication with the staff.
The supervisor made it a great place to work.
I love working here
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PADecember 29, 2018
I take care of my clients and do all of my paperwork and do what I need to do what it takes to take care of my consumers and my co workers. I love making a difference in peoples lives.
Upmc
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 28, 2018
Pros: I enjoy what I do and working from home.
Cons: Unorganized and unrealistic expectations. Equipment doesn't always work properly and very litte support provided.
Poor management and Administrator
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 24, 2018
I really enjoy my job and responsibilities. The management and the nursing Administrator do not deal with problems effectively. They treat good employees poorly. There is no dignity and respect in this UPMC facility. The pay rate is not enough for all the other responsibilities added to the job.
Good place to retire
Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 19, 2018
Better pay and more people of color in higher positions would help. They keep all the people of color in the kitchen or the bathrooms. A lot of racism at upmc
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Low pay
very fast
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 18, 2018
very stressful and fast paced job. parking $$$ , There was a lot of overtime.it was a great hospital to learn because there were many areas to branch into. the tuition reinburement was great,
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Parking $$$
Very stressful, not enough staff, poor leadership
Milieu Therapist/WPIC (Current Employee) –  Oakland, PADecember 18, 2018
Very stressful work environment and this is not caused by the patients. Lack of teamwork from non-milieu positioned staff members. Spend several hours on the floor on your own while trying to perform OBS, ADLS, care all at the same time. Nurses and non-milieu staff members spend the majority of the shift in the nurses station.
Pros
milieu staff works hard and as a team
Cons
nurses won't help with care, leadership out of sight, poor pay
Great work environment
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PADecember 15, 2018
Once I finished clinical in 2016 I was hired as a casual in the x-ray department of McKeesport Hospital. During my first few months I had an opportunity to cross train in the CT department where I found the job I can honestly say I love.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPMC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UPMC.

Powered by Comparably