UPMC Employee Reviews

Found 2,313 reviews matching the search See all 2,341 reviews
A very nice place to work
Pittsburgh, PA (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 19, 2018
I love my job because no day is ever the same. Each day I am presented with new challenges and situations, which really helps me to stay focused and interested. I also enjoy being able to be as creative as I can.
Pros
Children's Hospital is a very friendly envirionment.
Cons
I hate driving the distance to get there.
The way healthcare should be
MRI Technologist ll (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2018
My experience has been amazing at UPMC. Management truly cares for their employees and want to know them individually and find ways to make them happy in their position. We have a great group of people we work with in our department and with other departments.
Pros
tuition reimbursement, education benifits
Cons
pay
Receptionist at Presby's EEG
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
When I worked here, the job and the people were both great. Great atmosphere, relaxed environment. Daily situations will occur and cause some stress here and there but all in all, this was a great place to work. The only thing that was an issue for me was the commute.
Great atmosphere
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
Great culture, very busy. Staff was great to work with. There is not great job advancement however. I was a student intern at UPMC. I would work for them in the future.
Extreme learning environment. Clean. Very mixed cultured.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2018
I saw new faces everyday which was very refreshing. The food was good. I learned a lot and I made new friends. There were many different opportunities for growth. Employees get recognized for their efforts. Very helpful setting.
Taught me a lot
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2018
UPMC drove me to be a better Phlebotomist and really showed me how amazing the medical field could really be. I was very happy with how the company treated me as an employee and would tell anyone to try to work for UPMC.
productive, innovative work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 15, 2018
A typical work day is very busy but manageable. I felt fulfilled after caring for my patients in a progressive work environment. Patient care is at the center of this organizations mission.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
poor parking availability
IT is great place to start your career.
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2018
IT is a great place to start your career.
Friendly and helpful managers.
They can listen to your problem and try to help.IT start to grow and this will lead to more jobs.
Quality care for patients in hospital settings
Care Attendant, Nursing Resource Pool (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2018
• Monitor the patient for changes in physical and mental status
• Communicate with nursing staff to ensure patients receive proper care
• Provide comfort to patients and their family members by listening and providing emotional support to reduce any anxiety they may feel
unit secretary
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McKeesport, PAJuly 11, 2018
made appointments for a very large clinic , answered phones and transferred call to the correct department.
Transferred into the hospital as a unit clerk . Direct contact with patients and staff.
Shame I had to leave
staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PA 16323July 10, 2018
I started pretty much green from hospital work, but I has such a core group of nurses that allowed me to find my way with them right behind me. My unit manager was such a humanitarian, as well as a tough boss, she really impressed me as she balanced the two. Upmc was open to learning, going to conferences, education was the key for nurses.
Pros
The nursing
Cons
The pay
Overall good healthcare experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 9, 2018
Had a positive experience working with UPMC over the last few years. I really enjoyed working on my unit and with all the various staff members I was in
fun workplace
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 7, 2018
mon-sat
learn to work around customers
great area
international
keeping up with other employees
fun moments are meeting new people
and hearing them tell you about their life's
Talent Acquisition and Management is Inexperienced and Unskilled
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 3, 2018
Management is extremely poor in Human Resources, specifically on the “talent acquisition” team at Harrisburg. Promotions were handed to people that were not qualified to do a job when other qualified candidates were overlooked. Promotions are solely based on politics and not skill. Poor morale among the team. Extremely overwhelming and overworked. The same old stale management style is continuously passed down. They need new and fresh management on the team. Preferably people that haven’t been employed by Pinnacle their whole entire lives. How can a talent acquisition team successfully attract new employees to a company that allows “management” to take advantage of their employees the way they do?
Management is indecisive and they are not assertive. Very unfair, political and they don’t even follow all the rules and practice what they preach.....
Pros
Downtown Harrisburg, cell phone discount, six paid holidays, free parking
Cons
Unorganized, lack of leadership, untrained staff
fine place to work
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Allegheny County, PAJuly 3, 2018
A nice, stable place to work. good management of the facility
UPMC Non profit
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 2, 2018
work is very fast paced and you have a lot of tasks to accomplish before leaving the doors. our management is spectacular and every nurse and pct you work with is super genuine and pleasant to be around and also very hard working. the hospital is an extremely demanding enviornment
Pros
flexibility with working hours
Production Driven Environment
Technical Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 2, 2018
It is hectic and fast paced with many changes to assignments throughout the day. Mandatory OT is a requirement, most times up to 15 hours per work week
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Upmc
Administrative Assistant-Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2018
I enjoy working for UPMC and would welcome other opportunities within the company. I have enjoyed working for the department I am currently in. I have learned a lot of valuable skills and have met a lot of wonderful people.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Healthcare
Poor management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAJune 30, 2018
Upmc was great place to work at one time but they now seem only care about money. The management is terrible they don't treat everyone the same they have friends that work with them they are treated great and other employees are treated like bad person even if you are following policy they are not and nothing is done. Understaffed made to multiple jobs and some others just there and do nothing because you are friends with the manager
Benefits
Cons
Driving different offices short lunches low pay
Amazing Company!
Assistant Manager, Retail Innovation (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2018
If you live in the Pittsburgh area and love healthcare, UPMC is the place for you. They're fantastic and work well with all different cultures and people. UPMC lives their mission statement and make sure that employees know of its importance. UPMC is amazing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPMC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight