UPMC Culture reviews

Found 447 reviews matching the search See all 2,389 reviews
Neuroscience Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 2, 2018
Very nice place to work, friendly doctors and nurses and aides. Everyone works as a team Needs more staff so the work load can be easier on the employees. Always obertime available. They love people that want to work.
Pros
Team Structured
Cons
Parking and paying for lunch
Enjoyed working with so many intelligent,and dedicated people
Lead Technician/Time keeper Payroll (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2018
UPMC was a very good employer for me. The culture there was all about taking care of patients. My job there often was a very educational experience for me. At the end of the day, I would work for them again. Highly recommend to anyone.
Pros
Many
Cons
A few
friendly and great work environment
Physical Therapy Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 17, 2018
I loved my position at UPMC and loved the entire staff that I worked with. We worked as a team. I would highly recommend UPMC to anyone who is interested in a great place to work
Good and bad..... bad wins.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 27, 2018
Pay and benefits good. Constantly short handed. Employees spend a lot of time slacking. Poor management. Terrible culture. Nurses are flat out mean.
HR is useless and management doesn't care.
Pay is good but you are likely to work like two or three people so it isn't worth it.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Culture. Too much work. Slacking employees. Weak management and weaker HR.
Fun. Low Pay Compared to Others. Good Culture
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 24, 2018
UPMC Pinnacle is a fun place to work with good people. The culture is far better and more cooperative than other places I have seen. UPMC Pinnacle pays far less than most similar organizations for the same work.
Pros
Good People, Nice Culture
Cons
Low Pay
I have been working for this for 30 plus yesrs
Anesthesia Aide (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2018
Working in the anesthesia department has been a learning experience for me. My typical day is working with staff and helping them. That is my most enjoyable moment.
Receptionist at Presby's EEG
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
When I worked here, the job and the people were both great. Great atmosphere, relaxed environment. Daily situations will occur and cause some stress here and there but all in all, this was a great place to work. The only thing that was an issue for me was the commute.
Great atmosphere
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
Great culture, very busy. Staff was great to work with. There is not great job advancement however. I was a student intern at UPMC. I would work for them in the future.
Overall good healthcare experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 9, 2018
Had a positive experience working with UPMC over the last few years. I really enjoyed working on my unit and with all the various staff members I was in
fun workplace
Valet Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 7, 2018
mon-sat
learn to work around customers
great area
international
keeping up with other employees
fun moments are meeting new people
and hearing them tell you about their life's

Want to know more about UPMC?

Ask a question
Talent Acquisition and Management is Inexperienced and Unskilled
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 3, 2018
Management is extremely poor in Human Resources, specifically on the “talent acquisition” team at Harrisburg. Promotions were handed to people that were not qualified to do a job when other qualified candidates were overlooked. Promotions are solely based on politics and not skill. Poor morale among the team. Extremely overwhelming and overworked. The same old stale management style is continuously passed down. They need new and fresh management on the team. Preferably people that haven’t been employed by Pinnacle their whole entire lives. How can a talent acquisition team successfully attract new employees to a company that allows “management” to take advantage of their employees the way they do?
Management is indecisive and they are not assertive. Very unfair, political and they don’t even follow all the rules and practice what they preach.....
Pros
Downtown Harrisburg, cell phone discount, six paid holidays, free parking
Cons
Unorganized, lack of leadership, untrained staff
Amazing Company!
Assistant Manager, Retail Innovation (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2018
If you live in the Pittsburgh area and love healthcare, UPMC is the place for you. They're fantastic and work well with all different cultures and people. UPMC lives their mission statement and make sure that employees know of its importance. UPMC is amazing!
Patients and PR for UPMC
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seneca Place Verona, PaJune 27, 2018
My last position only lasted a few months but I really enjoyed seeing our patients and listening to their story. During this time I would always ask if there was anything I could do to make their ER visit easier. This courtesy was extended to family as well because of the nature their visit. My reason for leaving was the 12 hour shifts. I was certain that I could handle the shift but quickly realized that this was not a good fit. As far as workplace culture there is a different atmosphere when you add an older customer relation person to a staff of younger unexperienced staff. The blending was left for the senior in age because the younger are not aware yet of what true customer service means. Getting past the language barrier is definitely a challenge but maturity moved past this issue.
Pros
cafe within walking distance
Cons
12 hour shifts
okay place
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT REGISTRATION REP (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 22, 2018
great place work, patience and great communication skills, its a bit caddy in the office. meeting new people, the ER is a very interesting place to work.
Very busy, often short staffed
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2018
A typical work day was very busy with little time for lunch. I learned how to manage my time and my work assignments along with dealing with difficult patients and caring for very ill patients.. Every day was a learning experience with the frailty of life. Work culture was often pressured with number of nurses per patient ratio; lots of stress. The stress of the job was the hardest part. The most enjoyable was being able to care for a patient and see them get well and go home.
Pros
The people I worked with worked as a team always working together.
Cons
chronically ill patients who wouldn't make it.
workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 14, 2018
The workplace is very clean and happy environment to work in .The staff are helpful and very easy to work with. I enjoyed my time working with this company.
Great place to work, great team members.
Lead Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 14, 2018
Enjoyed working here. The staff was caring and helpful. The pay was competitive and there was always room for advancement which is encouraged. No complaints.
Pros
Work was understood, people were great and the patients were great.
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and nice environment of work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2018
Usually very busy on the weekdays but relaxed on the weekends.
Learned how to work well with a team.
Management was always looking for improvements.
Great
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 5, 2018
Would recommend this place of employment to any of my friends and family. I enjoy my time there and the culture is fun and relaxed. We work hard and have time to be friendly with each other.
great
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 1, 2018
Everything is great. I love it here. I never want to leave. I learned a lot about myself and others. Management was great and the workplace culture was awesome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPMC. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

77out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UPMC.

Powered by Comparably