UPMC Culture reviews

okay place
EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT REGISTRATION REP (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 22, 2018
great place work, patience and great communication skills, its a bit caddy in the office. meeting new people, the ER is a very interesting place to work.
Great place to work, great team members.
Lead Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 14, 2018
Enjoyed working here. The staff was caring and helpful. The pay was competitive and there was always room for advancement which is encouraged. No complaints.
Pros
Work was understood, people were great and the patients were great.
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and nice environment of work
Patient Transport (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2018
Usually very busy on the weekdays but relaxed on the weekends.
Learned how to work well with a team.
Management was always looking for improvements.
Great
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 5, 2018
Would recommend this place of employment to any of my friends and family. I enjoy my time there and the culture is fun and relaxed. We work hard and have time to be friendly with each other.
great
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 1, 2018
Everything is great. I love it here. I never want to leave. I learned a lot about myself and others. Management was great and the workplace culture was awesome.
A Good Opportunity.
PROJECT MANAGER / SYS. ANALYST / PROJECT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2018
Very pleasant environment to work in. Pleasant personal and management. Have a very good training program and paid for college tuition. What I liked most was the encouragement I received from management. Management was very supportive and gave me the tools I needed to get the job done.
Great Benefits!
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2018
A typical work day is challenging and provides opportunity to sharpen current skills as well as learn new skills.

Management consists of an eclectic group of people with different management styles but overall management respects others.

UPMC Culture is inclusive and diverse, and encourages respect for individuals from all walks of life.

The hardest part my job is a myriad of "fire drills" last minute requests with nearly no turn-around time expected. This makes it difficult to perform quality work.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with wonderful, knowledgeable people that respect others as well as an opportunity to learn and utilize new skills.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Deadlines that at times, affects depth and quality of work
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 24, 2018
its was a great place to work. Every patient is wonderful and special in their own way. every morning there is a new task to be tackled. overall it is a great place to progress in your field.
Competitive
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2018
For the most part I welcomed the opportunity. It's a prestigious place to work. UPMC is well known for its state-of-the-art medical care and technological advancements. It has its own culture. There are lots of meetings that sometimes interfer with getting work completed. I can't say that there are lots of opportunities for advancement. In spite of that, I did meet a few nice people and gained some new skills which I do appreciate that have helped me in my current position.
Pros
Staff to try to make it a fun place to work, you can have a career, depending on what you're looking to achieve.
good work place
Student/Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 2, 2018
I have learned so much from everyone, and am grateful for the opportunity to work there for two years. the staff was friendly and very helpful with all fields.
HR: practice what you preach!!
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 20, 2018
Management is extremely poor in Human Resources, specifically on the Recruitment team at Harrisburg. Promotions were handed to people that were not qualified to do a job when other qualified candidates were overlooked. Promotions are solely based on politics (the “team” you’re on) and not skill. Poor morale among the team. Employees are overwhelmed and overworked. The same stale management style is continuously passed down. They need new and fresh management on the team. Preferably people that haven’t been employed by Pinnacle their whole entire lives. How can a recruitment team successfully attract new employees to a company that allows “management” to take advantage of their own employees the way they do?
Management is indecisive and they are not assertive. Very unfair, political and they don’t even have the decency to follow the rules and practice what they preach.....
Pros
Free parking, downtown location, cell phone discount
Cons
HR and promotions in HR are solely based on politics, superficial poor and weak HR management, low compensation, non-progressive, opposed to new ideas, unorganized, no training whatsoever.
Work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 19, 2018
Loved working with the lab. Everyone was helpful. Loved the interaction with clients and coworkers. If you needed help management was willing to help.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Had to move. And leave my job
Na
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAApril 18, 2018
I loved working for UPMC Altoona. They worked great around my schedule. They pay was fair and the co workers were pleasant. The managing and employment staff were very understanding and helpful when I had to take a leave.
Great Place
Gift Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2018
this company is great and there are plenty of opportunities especially if you live in Pittsburgh. Children's Hospital is especially wonderful in culture.
Good work culture, poorly paid, no room for professional or income growth.
Milieu Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2018
I would sit in the hallway and open bathroom doors for consumers. It was a very power/over job culture where your opinion was overlooked. Also, the pay was poor and there was no room for growth. Professionally, there were very limited options for my field specifically.
Pros
Paid Time Off was earned and utilized when needed.
Cons
Poor pay and no room for growth professionally or income based.
It was a great working environment I love it I enjoy my patience and joy my staff coworkers
Housekeeper/Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2018
This was one of the best experiences that I had I enjoyed working and dealing with the patients and their families, my coworkers and it was a very wonderful and enjoyable experience that I will gladly do again.
My day at UPMC
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2018
A typical day at UPMC was sometimes busy and uneventful. i loved my co workers and staff we worked well together. they most challenging part of my job was the office to office traveling. the patient care was the most enjoyable part.
A lot of good people work there.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Presby Pittsburgh, PAApril 8, 2018
A typical day busy. You learn a lot of new and hospital applications. Management sometimes difficult. Workplace culture was medical. You worked with good people so that was enjoyable.
Pros
Medical which was very interesting.
Great Environment
Lead Pharmacy Technician, CPhT (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 2, 2018
Love the patients and most of the staff. Room for advancement. Balances well with outside life. Increased my learning of working with different cultures/populations.
Bad experience
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAApril 1, 2018
Hardest part of job was never the patient or their families, it was dealing with your coworkers. Too much friendship between management and floor nurses and close buddy/buddy issues. Learned a great deal from my preceptor, just wish I had the chance to use it.
Benefits
Cons
work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UPMC. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.