Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

The Nurses Make the Hospital
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colebrook, NHAugust 6, 2018
I have worked under some of the best Nurses at UCVH. They are kind, compassionate, always willing to teach and educate. I loved my job there. We worked together to get through the day no matter how busy, everyone works as a team.
Close knit Community
Pharmacy Technician lll (Former Employee) –  Colebrook, NHAugust 31, 2017
I miss my position and the people I worked with. The hospital served many communities in Northern New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. I was able to work closely with Nurses and Providers and Patients.
Co-workers dedicated. Computer system needs upgrading. Scheduling needs updated practices.
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Colebrook, NHDecember 30, 2013
One needs to be a generalist in this small town hospital laboratory. This difficult requirement causes a moderate amount of turnover as many older technologists, who may want to live in the area, specialized in their hayday.
The lab equipment is very well updated, but the hospital computer system is not.
The hardest part of the job was trying to be as efficient as I was used to being... due to lack of standardization in training. The on-call system of covering the evening hours should be updated as technologists do show signs of fatigue after a difficult week of night-time "call ins."
A typical day of work was acquiring, processing and reporting inpatient samples by 9 a.m. Phlebotomists helped draw outpatient samples until lunchtime which allowed the technologists to concentrate on assaying these samples. After lunchtime, the technologists acquired and ran all samples. The staff left on a staggered schedule, thereby covering the lab until 6:30 pm, at which time one staff member was on call until 6:30 a.m. the next morning.
Call-ins happened almost nightly, and many times happened several
times a night.
Pros
Committees did a great job with special events, like cookouts, holiday celebrations and staff recognition.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital Reviews by Location