Upper Deck Employee Reviews

An easy going relax vibe at work.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLNovember 27, 2018
A typical day at Upperdeck was easy going. Working an outside tike-hut bar gave it a laid back feel with guest who brought in the same relaxed vibe. Management always asked for ways to make the bar and restaurant a more welcoming place to visit it gave me ideas of different offers and drinks to promote to guest to bring them back in. The hardest part I would say was the slower days when guest would not come in and leaving a day of hard work with no results which also gave me more time to clean and organize. The most enjoyable part was televising sporting events such as boxing matches and big playoff games which brought in crowds as big as a couple hundred, Also be able to work with employees that shared ideas to make our bar more appealing and better to work with.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
low volume crowds
stessful
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2018
the working hours was stressful and you had to deal with disrespectful employee and customers who will trow things at you mostly no main manager in the building place close
busy fast pace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Southwest Harbor, MEDecember 12, 2017
very busy place to work, fast pace must be able to be on your feet for at least 5, it was a seasonal job and will not be open next year it was fun to work when it was open.
Pros
people who worked there
Cons
no breaks
Sports was always the topic of the day
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 21, 2017
This was a dream job that became a nightmare due to poor management. The job itself was rewarding and fulfilling but working with incompetent personnel at the top was a tough pill to swallow.
Pros
sports, easy commute
Cons
management, no salary increases
Fun place to work
Bartender Server (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 17, 2017
The bar was a fun place to work and the food was amazing. The staff was all easy to get along with and met new people every night. It didnt get busy until round 10 then it was super fast paced.
Not vary organized.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Weeki Wachee, FLNovember 13, 2017
Its a sink or swim interment. there management was off and the new mangier was why i left a week before he was promoted he smacked a coworker in the face with raw fish and still server the fish.
No comment
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 10, 2017
Left in the dark regarding projects from start to finish. Showed me what needed to be done on InDesign files, yet I didn't have the software on my computer.
Nice people, world's worst management
Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 4, 2017
If you strive to learn from mistakes and improve what you do for a living, look somewhere else. If you believe hard work will be rewarded, that isn't true here. The benefits for employees have decreased over time while the salary glut in upper management has increased. When you make a suggestion to improve the outdated work practices at Upper Deck, prepare for a quick dismissal and the phrase "that's just how we do things here" or "we could never pull that off." The company is broken and mired in failure and unwilling to take action to save itself. Nothing to see here, move along.
Pros
Some nice people in the trenches
Cons
Poor culture and management
great
Redemptions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2017
Would have stayed working for this company had I not moved out of state. It was fun and I made friends there that I am still in touch with 12 years later.
Bad
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  NsbAugust 28, 2017
They never wanted to pay you. The owner didn't care about the business at all. The cook they had was nasty he would use the same finger to taste the food before he would plate it. He always smelled like body oder and now there out of business.
Great culture
Talent Management Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2017
Great company culture. Motivated, hardworking, and helpful people. The company is warm and friendly. Management is very engaging and works closely with their teams.
great place to work if you are interested in the products
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 9, 2017
If you are a sports fan or an avid comic collector you will love to work here. Compensation is not the best but it does have its perks. Laid back as long as you get your work done
Busy and fun meeting all types of people in the heart of downtown.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2016
Work was great most of the time. I learned to be more patient then I already was. The staff was cool too work with but management wasn't good on their word and that's why the IRS came and shut the place down without warning. That was the hardest part of job starting over in the employment line, though it open the door too new employment options.
Pros
Eating anything on the menue and meeting different people on a daily basis.
Cons
not getting paid on time
Stable Company with advancement opportunities
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 12, 2016
Started working as a Security Officer and was able to advance upward to an Operations Coordinator position. Although the work load was unbalance, I did learn how to manage my time wisely.
Pros
Employee incentives, free lunch
Cons
Extremely long hours
This is a tough management group
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2016
If you have extremely thick skin and can work with very little direction then this is the place for you. Fun design concept but pretty dated. They need a refresh.
Pros
The brand team
Cons
Management in general
Hard working middle management group, poor leadership
Art Director / Brand Manager/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 9, 2016
Great products, great people. Incredibly poor leadership. incredible arrogance in leadership, leading to loss of many properties. Middle management carries much of the load, with no hope of ascending the ladder. Upper management willingly and often sacrifices middle management and lower to protect selves.
Pros
Great people, great products
Cons
Poor leadership
enjoyed co-workers, like a family, gratifying position
Data entry storage and backup, inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  Fairhaven, MASeptember 28, 2015
Enjoyed interaction with co-workers. Friendly environment. Learned a lot about behind the scenes in a business. Manager was involved daily with staff. Enjoyed the responsibility of backing up and the safe keeping of daily computer data.
Fun Work Environment
Athlete Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 2, 2015
Fun working in with the professional sports industry. Got to see lots of cool products and was able to enhance my skills.
Good managment team
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 16, 2014
Good local management team committed to helping clients and ensuring that clients are satisfied.
Battling the elements
Material Handler/Processor (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2014
The days usually started out either very slow or extremely fast. I learned that teamwork goes a long way. My team leads were hands on when we needed them to help out. My co-workers we all amazing people. The tough part of the job was getting people to cover shifts or positions when others took time off. The best part of working at Upper Deck was the partnerships made during work hours.