Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre Employee Reviews

Super Fun
Performer/Writer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 8, 2018
I did not work at UCB I trained there and it provided me with incredibly valuable tools for my career as a comedian and performer. I also still perform there.
It's the tops!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2018
Big fan of my job! I literally get to play pretend for a living. Like, I've done a whole bunch of other things for a living before... But none of them compared to getting paid to play pretend. This is good stuff.
Excellent experience!
PRODUCTION EXECUTIVE UPRIGHT CITIZENS BRIGADE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2018
I was brought in to mange at first a series to be streamed on Seeso. From there I was asked to remain on and supervise multiple projects that were in the pipeline for possible series presentations. Overall I had an excellent working experience with the key management personnel that I worked closely with. The collaboration between all departments was clear and fulfilling.
Relaxed place of business, great for comedy nerds
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
It's a comedy theater first and a business second, so there's a lot of variance in management styles. My direct manager is great, but upper management is sloppy and disorganized. There's little incentive to do well.
Clubby Atmosphere
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2017
Most of the staff are volunteers and knowing how replaceable you are keeps any position from feeling stable or paying competitively. No pay rise for experience.
Pros
Casual atmosphere
Cons
Feels like college
Great company within an even greater community
Creator, Producer and Host (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 27, 2017
If you love comedy and want to work (and perform) within a community, look no further! The Upright Citizens Brigade has been a part of Los Angeles for over 10 years and has been the leader in launching the careers of many comedians working throughout the entertainment industry.
Fun, interactive work space with many learning opportunities
Intern (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 28, 2015
I've learned how to effectively manage a theater with confidence and a good attitude. After cleaning the lobby, bathrooms, house and backstage, I have many opportunities and responsibilities that not most unpaid interns get to experience. I answer the phone, sell merchandise, check reservations, greet and help patrons and performers and keep up the house and stage in between shows. Everyone, for the most part, is enthusiastic and motivated by their environment because UCB has a knack for hiring those who are already very invested in the comedic improv world.
Great job! I intern their few years and have done the odd job there.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2013
It's amazing place I love it!

There is no typical day. Everyday is a new challenge.
I learn to be funny and I made lots of connections.
Management is fair and easy going.
My coworkers are like my best friends
It's not steady work.
All the people I have met while working there.
A great atmosphere for people interested in comedy
Theatre Intern (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 21, 2013
The Upright Citizens Brigade is a great place to interact with numerous people in the world of comedy. Daily tasks included: Checking in patrons, maintaining the house, and handling the phones. In return, employees were able to see great shows, meet performers, and gain invaluable information on the industry.
Pros
free shows and class credit
Cons
the occasional cranky patrons