Urban Air Adventure Park

Urban Air Adventure Park Employee Reviews

United States348 reviews

airattractionparkkidminimumhostteencourt

Decent Beginner Job, Not Great For Longevity

Urban Air is a decent company to work for. Flexible scheduling, an excellent work environment, and a fun team are all benefits of this job. However, this job is not meant for those wanting a full-time, well-paying job. This job is, however, great for students and part-time workers. Management is pretty good, and position advancement is tremendous. My biggest beef with the company is that during its fall hours, hours are 4-8 on the weekdays.

Terrible work environment. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Urban air sucks. Never work here it is awful. Management is the worst I have ever seen at any job ever. The people are what make it better. But some ppl are snakes. U cant trust anyone here and if u are 14 years old… u won’t survive 2 weeks. They will fire u for no reason. Do not work here.

Urban Air Adventure Park insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

great job for teens

great first job for high school the job is pretty easy u just have to make it fun i loved it here made new friends and pay was pretty decent i was 15 and 16 when i worked here

Fun workplace

I use to work at urban air. It was pretty chill but the manager was intense sometimes. If you don't like working with teens/ young adults THIS IS NOT THE JOB FOR U

Fun work place

Enjoyable job especially for those in their teens. Pay is on the rise which is a good thing. Smiling faces of kids and parent is another plus, overall a very good experience

a lot of drama, management issues, underpaid

it’s was a cool when i first stared, working there longer got me pulled into drama, i was talked about by hire ups. constant drama no matter if you wanted to be apart of it or not. really under paid for the work that has to be done, you’re asked to do things that aren’t your position then get in trouble for not being at your position. if you make a few friends and managers notice they will schedule you different shifts, separate you, and give you write ups for talking saying “it’s a distraction from doing your work” when there’s nobody on platform. and if there is and you are talking they will send a tl to platform to send you to opposite sides when there’s no one over there, when your focus needs to be on the main attractions. they hand out write ups like it’s nothing for the smallest things, they are very insensitive and also insecure. they say you’re gonna get a raise and you never see it. they over work you to where you get burnt out and get mad when you want to take time off. they declined time off no matter what it’s for. if i didn’t need a job i wouldn’t still be there. i would definitely not recommend this job to anyone at all

It's a people's environment and you have to have positive energy.

I have been employed with Urban Air since the opening in 2020. I just love my job. You will never have a more reasonable and caring team that manages you at another employer. Your co-workers are loving, helpful, and there will always be laughs in the work place. You will meet so many people working there and experience a happy place of good vibes.

Pros

Accomodates with schedule, reasonable hours, fun and fast paced.

Cons

Weekend day requirements

Management is terrible, wouldn’t recommend

There isn’t a break room, and everything is dirty. even the areas that you wouldn’t expect to be dirty. you get paid randomly, never a set time when you get paid. everything is unorganized & the managers have favorites & they make that very known that they don’t have any respect fortheir employees.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No breaks if you don’t take it yourself

management needs help

the gm picks staff members she makes follow the rules from getting phones taken away to the dress code the break room is always a mess and the place is terribly full of gossip..even when you complain to the managers they push it off

fun workplace, bad pay

Working at Urban Air was enjoyable, I never complained about having to go there. But, I wish that the pay was worth the experience.. At the interview, We got promised that we would get a raise the longer we worked there but that never happened.

horrible place to work

The court monitors get paid the least and we are asked to do almost everything while the managers talk and do what they want. If there is a slight chance you’re moved up it’s after management has lied to you about it for 5+months. And you’re moved down if a previously fired employee wants a job again or if management needs them.

(Former Manager) Review

Overall great place to work at. I worked through the ranks of Court Monitor- to a managerial position (Team Captain) inside of 2 years, and I found this to be a great place to work at with a lot of upward mobility.

Pros

Free-ish food, upward mobility, great staff

Cons

Short Breaks, variable scheduling

Busy

This job was an experience for how I would work in my future life foe big companies like urban air , from my first experience I feel like I could have learned more at this job but I wanted to get a better experience so I then went on a search to find something better and offering further experience for my up coming future .

Pros

Sometimes we get free food

Cons

SmallBreaks

Fun place, rude female leads

Cool place, some of the women are just rude. Team members are lazy and will chill in the breakroom for no reason. Good job if you're good working alone.

Pros

Employee food discounts

Cons

Short breaks, few hours

Good job if you like being paid less to do more.

In my opinion this is a horrible job, I liked it at first it felt like the perfect job, but I soon realized it was such a struggle working there and the pay didn’t even compensate for it. They make you pay for literally EVERYTHING there even jump time (even if we’re not busy) which makes absolutely no sense we already barely get paid the least they could do is let us play for free. They fire over the smallest incidents, I literally got fired for giving an employee a drink without pay not only was that a small incident but I never did anything serious at that job while working and I was one of their top workers knowing everything in the park and one of few workers who actually came to work and worked without complaining. On top of that the Jacksonville’s Urban air has been losing hella money because we have been getting less people daily which makes sense because the management sucks and the place itself is hardly ever kept up with.

Pros

Easy to socialize and meet new people

Cons

No benefits, bad pay, managers pick favorites, managers are very rude, owners have no idea about the job or how things should work, we don’t even get to jump for free.

Not worth it

The managemnt is really bad which casued me to be thrown in different direction every couple of weeks. Then the Park Leads, which is one postion above court monitors, try and act like managers which is horrible.

Pros

Helping customers and making them have a good time

Cons

everything else

Easy Job, not best management

I worked there for 5 total months due to the troubled connection between employees and management. Managers here will not try to connect to you personally unless you suck up to them as much as possible. While you act as yourself you don’t feel so welcome.

My Location Was Fun

Majority of Urban Airs are franchised. In my position I worked for an amazing partnership team. Was very well compensated here. Although it varies from store to store. Not much room for advancement.

A very unfair work place

It’s very unfair for some staff to be able to do whatever they want without getting in trouble because they’re friends with the managers while other staff (that doesn’t talk to the managers as much) get in trouble for doing the same thing. The pay isn’t really that great I get it if you work there for the first few months but after years working there the staff that been working there for over a year doesn’t get a raise or anything. Sometimes the mangers would give you another party while your doing a party at the same time instead of looking for someone else to cover it. I wouldn’t recommend this job to a friend because this job kinda made me miserable.

Pros

Friends with coworkers

Cons

Managers, The pay, The parties, and etc.

Fun workplace no doubt.

I had fun working here as a first job, either here for about 3-4 months but during my last days coworkers starting causing problems with me and not doing they're job so I quit.

productive and fun workplace

The job can get hectic but it is a fun workplace. Management was a little all over the place and had favorites but it is a good first job. You have to learn the ropes of the park and go through a detailed training before starting. A typical day is hectic after 2pm during the summer and 5pm during the school year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Air Adventure Park. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits