Urban Air Trampoline Park Employee Reviews

jump with the kids
legacy center (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MIApril 16, 2019
During court monitor jumping and interacting with the kids is what makes the job more enjoyable, seeing there little face light up when you throw a couple dodgeball at them or just shoot the basketball in the hoop.
Pros
jump for free
culture
Court Monitor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 11, 2019
Work with kids coming in for fun. Make sure they are following the rules to stay safe.

Evening we clean and sanitize the equipment, clean restroom facilities.
Good environment to work for young people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 7, 2019
Great company to work for if you are looking to work 10-20 hours a week. Definitely catered towards high school students but plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Do not work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2019
Urban air has to be one of the easiest jobs you’ll ever have. But just because it’s easy doesn’t mean it’s worth it. It just a bunch of gossipy teenagers who never wanna do their job and complain about everything. The managers are even worse because they literally don’t care about any of the employees. The GM won’t fire one of the managers even though there has been countless complaints about him making other employees feel uncomfortable. Just not a good work environment and I wouldn’t recommend it.
Fast Paced Workplace
Manager/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 24, 2019
The job itself is very fun and up lifting. Just make sure you are fast-paced and able to have patience dealing with customers and children. Most of the managers are pretty great.
Violated several labor laws
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 22, 2019
My first shift at 16 years old was a double. I was the only person in charge of over 400 kids for several hours at a time with no breaks and was reminded of the legal liability if a child gets hurt on my watch. Write-ups were threatened constantly and the policy stated that if an employee got 2 write-ups, we were fired. No bathroom breaks were available due to an inconsistency in a policy and I was chastised for eating my first meal in over 8 hours one shift. The pay was below minimum wage but we were supposed to get tipped while hosting parties which rarely happened and I once got written up because a parent left a party without paying despite being told to focus on the 40 children at the party, assuming that the parent would pay. There are no discounts and I was forbidden to miss a shift due to my mother being hospitalized but the manager would leave for hours and come back periodically throughout the day. A terrible place to work, definitely don't recommend.
Pros
Free leftover cake after parties
Cons
No breaks, no paid leave, unhygienic policies, bad management
Wouldn't recommend
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 19, 2019
Urban Air has poor management along with unfair pay. We would have to work several hours sometimes from open to close with no breaks and was not allowed to eat while on the clock.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Very entertaining place to work! Everyone is great
Kids Activities Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 28, 2019
I loved the job, but for a mother of 1, I wasn’t getting anywhere and I needed something that paid very well. But overall it is an amazing place to work
Okay place to work
Floor Monitor (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 22, 2019
The people who work there were always caring and always were there for you. The managers were caring they just had never done it before so some things were off but they were fixed in a few months.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks
It's Okay to work there.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2019
The day starts off by opening and setting up for parties and or group events, also prepping the kitchen to be opened. After you get through the first wave of possible chaos with all of the kids that may show up, the day slows down as you prepare to close.
fun place to work
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 4, 2019
A day at work consisted of searching food and talking to a lot of people. At the job I learned how to communicate with different individuals. The hardest part of the job was getting the children to listen to instruction.
Clean Trampolines
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 1, 2019
At urban air even if the management wasn't the best the trampolines were always clean, the workers always worked as teams and traded shifts, or helped each other set up parties.
If its a Franchise, RUN AWAY and FAST
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 1, 2019
I was a GM with 20 plus years of Operational Experience. While the founder has a great vision, the individuals he is selling his franchises to need to get a heart, they need training, they are absentee at best, reactionary and defintely missing in action.

3 consecutive months of revenue growth, brought labor down from 26% to 14.9, Dropped COGS from high 30s to 22%.

If you dont have an operational background, dont pretend like you do for you become a train wreck
Pros
Awesome Concept
Cons
Poor Corp Support, Poor Franchise Management
Sucks
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 1, 2019
Racist, corrupt, owner only fires people when he thinks he sees something wrong on camera, he lives in Dallas, way to strict, management is okay. She is nice.
Terrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 27, 2019
Multiple managers fight over authority, Most employees don't do their jobs correctly, and it isn't the most enjoyable job out there. I do not recommend getting a job here although it is really easy. don't expect to be staying here long, they terminate people on the daily.
Pros
Easy application
Cons
Poor management, lack of control
Poor management
Court Monitor (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 27, 2019
Overstaffed. Hired people who would be on their phones the majority told the time and they wouldn’t be addressed. Children would get hurt in other people’s stations and they would not address it, another employee would have to deal with it.
Pros
Breaks every 4 hours
Cons
No healthcare. Rare raises. No advancements. No background checks.
High-paced, overall fun work environment
Party Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 23, 2019
Working at Urban Air was a good experience as well as a stressful one. Dealing with children 24/7 helped me gain an appreciation for kid’s wants and needs
Pros
Free jump time
Cons
Limited hours; Poor management (May improve)
Productive and fun work environment.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Working with all ages adds to the fun work environment. The scheduling is very flexible. The team atmosphere is very welcoming. A great job for a high school student.
Pros
Fun, scheduling and environment
Cons
Hours, standing
A Cool Place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 9, 2019
A good place to take the kids but,the workers there need more help,less stress,and need to be paid more. The should not take money out of their check.
Stressful
Court Monitor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Wasn’t a big fan of it mainly because you just stand their and do nothing I’m personally not fond of that I prefer to work not stand around looking pretty
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks no healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Air Trampoline Park. Our community is ready to answer.