Urban Homeworks, Inc.

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Meaningful workplace that is invested in your personal and professional growth

Urban Homeworks is a workplace for those who genuinely want to grow. You'll be challenged personally and professionally BECAUSE people actually care and are invested in you. There are SO MANY benefits to working with Urban Homeworks. Flexible work environment, PTO, lots of fun, happy hours, co-workers who actually care about you and the community. The new leadership team has clarity on the mission and is leading us all to be community-centered. They do it in a way that encourages balance and rest. I have nothing negative to say.

Pros

Remote work, unlimited PTO, growth, work-life balance

Cons

Health insurance is expensive

Love the flexible working environment and the culture of the team!

Team seems to truly care about each other; the most successful team members are highly self-motivated and don't need enormous amounts of management/supervision to do their job well. The small internal team makes for having to sometimes wear multiple hats and with the work being around Housing and Racial Justice - the stress level can get high. However, the current management seems committed to making processes more and more efficient, figuring out where the gaps are, and encouraging a healthy work life balance.

Pros

Hybrid Work Environment Model; Org Anti-Racist stance

Cons

Missing info/knowledge transfer due to high turnover in the past

Great mission, sexist and toxic environment

I was hopeful I could stay here forever because I loved the mission so much, but there's definitely cliques and a focus on being the "old guard" and if you're a "bro" you advance much more quickly. From afar, it seems like it's changing a bit.

Pros

Good people.

Cons

No benefits whatsoever, really.

Fast paced environment with a small business culture

Great mission, great people, very high energy organization. Management struggled to stay organized through a dramatic growth period. Constant re-structuring made it very difficult to focus on work. High turn-over due to internal conflict.

Pros

Great teamwork

Cons

Constant changes in structure and leadership

Religious base organization that believes in helping the community grow.

Urban Homeworks is a religious base non-profit housing and training organization that believes in assisting low income families with decent and affordable housing. They have a construction training programs that is awesome. They provide excellent maintenance and emergency services for their tenants with a smile on their face. My typical days varied, but for the most part I would maintain the maintenance rent manager system as maintenance calls and emails would come in. Calendar coordination and gathering documents and information for upcoming team and staff meeting. I learned how to gather the proper tenant compliance documents for lease renewal signing and income qualification. Support the functions of a property management office and create work orders. I have no complaints about any of my co-workers, they were all supportive team players and pushed for the same outcomes. The hardest part of my job was supporting the maintenance because most of their work was done outside the office. Making sure all work orders was entered with all the correct and contact information and closing them out when the work was complete. Calling in emergencies took some last minute coordination. It was lots constant incoming and outgoing calls with the tenants, maintenance and contractors with some frustration from the tenants at times. The most enjoyable part of my job was people contact with the tenants and public in person or over the phone. I enjoy interacting with others.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

No health care

Non- profit organization that help low income families become homeowners.

• Managed and implemented property maintenance on over 100+ scattered site units and properties. • Successfully responded to all 24-hour property repair and maintenance calls. • Accountable for financial and budget management to ensure swift apartment turnover and cleanup. • Partnered strongly with Construction Services and company departments to ensure buy-in and support on warranty work and cross-team project work initiatives. • Managed and nurtured external vendor relationships to coordinate work completion and prioritization. Including but not limited to construction, plumbing, HVAC, lawn care, etc. • Supervised several employees who conducted direct property maintenance work. • Developed perfect tenant relationships by exhibiting respect, timeliness and service to their homes. Construction Crew Leader/Site Supervisor • Responsible for selecting, evaluating and hiring subcontractors; continuously monitoring their overall work performance. • Met operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implemented production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; and resolved problems by identifying construction management improvements. • Accomplished project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculated resources needed; established standards and protocols; allocated resources; scheduled and coordinated staff and subcontractors; evaluated milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolved design problems; evaluated and implemented change orders. • Approved construction projects by conducting inspections -

Pros

We help the community in every way possible and as for nothing in return

Cons

We did have a unlimited supply of money to help more people.

i love team work

i learnt alot as an intern. i would report to the office and get the agenda of the day from my supervisor. these would include being a site supervisor/ managing volunteer group, inviting and preparing for a bidding process, managing projects with a the assistance of real estate development assistant. i was personally able to develop confidence in my self as far as self esteem is concerned preparing reports and supervision. my co workers were helpful and always concerned for my well being. the hardest part of the job was in my initial stages of being a site supervisor as i struggled with self esteem. the most enjoyable part was experiencing a new culture and being able to make significant accomplishments at the end of the day

Pros

availability of transport

Cons

adjusting to weather conditions

great team and moral values

loved being part of their team and would jump at a chance to return to work with them should the opportunity present itself.

Pros

fun atmosphere w/ family values

Cons

seasonal/temp employment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Homeworks, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5

Urban Homeworks, Inc. Reviews by Location

Learn about Urban Homeworks, Inc. in popular locations

• Urban Homeworks, Inc.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?