Urban Neighborhood Initiatives

Working at Urban Neighborhood Initiatives: 6 Reviews

United States6 reviews

a place ready to serve the community

UNI is ready to serve the people in need. It offers many programs and services year rounds for all segments of the population. I recommend working with them if you want to work in the community service space.

Great nonprofit.

Great nonprofit. Opportunity to do more in the community and have great impact. The organization is continuing to grow and impactthe communities it serves.

Urban Neighborhood Initiatives insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Very diverse and friendly enviorment, with plethora of opportunities and resources for youth and adults.

UNI Is a non-profit organization where youth and adults can come for many sources of assistance. From employment to food assistance, UNI helps the Southwest Detroit area to strive.

Very optimistic but just not me

Here at urban neighborhood initiatives instead of feeling like a team I feel as if most of my team leans on me to do most of the work considering I'm never late for my shifts and I take my job very seriously. They take advantage and I want control over my own well being. I hate feeling undermined especially by my coworkers. Ive decided to leave neighborhood initiatives in search for a better job leading to my future career.

Pros

Open environment

Cons

They have no respect for individuals

Great place to learn about community

Lots of opportunity for individual with connection to community to further enhance their ability to be a part of of the solution and build the possibility of revitalization.

Pros

Great Board and Community Stakeholders

Life Changing

Working through DNR Youth was very life- changing, I was able to learn new techniques that I brought to my own back yard. I was always asked to be Team Leader in which I did the job. I met a ton of respectful people and I love what UNI Detroit does for the youth and their community

Pros

Strong Work Ethic

Cons

program ending

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Neighborhood Initiatives. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits