Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Execelente oportunidad de empleo
Picker/Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Lansdowne, PAAugust 14, 2018
Excelente comunicacion de administracion y empleados en general, ambiente de paz y profesionalismo
Pros
Seguro medico, bono
worst company ever !! !!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYAugust 14, 2018
Worst Manger's worst interview in my life !
Three weeks go by nobody get back to you.
This company is a Joke Kids run the stores as manger's. happy
Pros
The Store manager doesn't have a clue how to handle Job interviews
Cons
The Manger Team sucks it's run by kids
fun work environment
Sales Associate- seasonal (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 14, 2018
working at urban was a really interesting experience, it was during holidays so the work was a little bit more fast paced but managers are pleasant and coworkers are always looking out for each other.
Pros
store discount
Cons
short brakes, low pay
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 10, 2018
Enjoyed working for the company. Fun atmosphere, surrounded by fashion enthusiasts. At the time urban outfitters was at their prime (2009/2010) so the products were obsessively addicting, the sales were great, the mannequins were styled effortlessly trendy.
Fun, creative environment
Customer Service / Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2018
I had a great few years at urban. I would have stayed longer but poor management lead to my decision to leave the company. I think longer break times and more consistent hours would have also helped my situation.
amazing company
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 8, 2018
Amazing company to work for. Wages are not as competitive as other brands, but the culture is amazing. I would recommend this job as an entry level management company.
Very Biased
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2018
The environment you're involved with is a very biased environment and does not like to allow the work place to conform to the diversity in political viewpoints.
A great place to work
Material Handler-Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 2, 2018
i love working here however i feel like since ive been there i work overtime when asked i have run the prep area being in charge of ten or less employees, prepping work keeping them all on task, printing labels and ensuring proper paperwork goes with proper purchase order. I also run cuba scanner ensuring all merchandising has the correct weight and measurements, i do final sorting, stowing making sure all merchandise goes in proper bins and also labeling and printing paperwork, and i feel like i should be compensated for fast learning. the people are amazing however one of the HR staff took it upon herself to tell my daughters dad i work there which i tought there was client confidentiality..
Fun work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 2, 2018
Good for college students who need a part time retail job. Met great people and learned a lot about customer service. Fun and lax work environment with unique individuals who are all usually striving creatives.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2018
A great workspace with like minded individuals. The managers were helpful. The company also offered promotions and encouraged growth. Definitely a fun environment.
Great for gaining experience
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 30, 2018
Working, as a department manager for UO, has been quite the experience. Although, there have been many ups and downs, I am glad to have been through them all, for they have molded me into the person who I am, today. During my experience, I learned proper time management, working strong under pressure, communication, and leadership. A typical monday would consist of walking my department with the store manager. We would discuss how business went last week, what were the top sellers, what were the bottom sellers, etc. After, I would be provided my "To-do" list for the week. The tasks, at hand, were always very long and somewhat tedious. Tasks would consist mainly of making sure new product hit the floor, maintaining top sellers, find ways to increase profit of bottom sellers, re visualize the sales floor, train the team, uphold backstock integrity, and most of all, focus on overall business. As overwhelming as it may seem, I certainly got a kick out of it. Strategizing and executing a plan in order to do the impossible was always a driving force, for me. There was no better satisfaction than fulfilling weekly goals with help from a strong team. The only aspect of this job that I did not favor were the hours. Having a very sporadic schedule has made things difficult for sustaining a fun personal life. It's a miracle I ever graduated from college, all while working full time. We make many sacrifices, working in retail, and I just want to be able to do more with my life. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people. I stayed for so many years because I had the opportunity  more... to work and collaborate with some amazing individuals. I could have the worst day of my life; but as long as I have my fun and super awesome team with me, I had nothing to worry about.  less
Pros
Health benefits, discounts, staff, eligibility for relocation
Cons
Long hours, sporadic schedule, pay for the amount of work
It was a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2018
It's a good job to have as a college student if you are into that culture, but there is a lot of drama that comes with all the people because they are mostly young people that work there.
Necesitan mejoras
Processor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 23, 2018
No tiene plan medico , no tienen seguridad para el empleado , la manera de procesar es muy lenta . No hay oportunidad para subir de puesto .
Pros
Pagan bien
Cons
Solo con pala subes
Very disappointed
Men’s Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 17, 2018
Wasteful company that does not development their employees and lets the product sell itself. Was actually asked not to actively sell and was told to “look better than the customer.”
Pros
Pay was pretty good
Cons
Everything else
The managers make it a cut throat and horrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 15, 2018
They promote workplace favoritism if your over 25 your not going to move up or be treated with respect the managers and leads treat people like garage they also ask you to perform unsafe acts to do your job
They also hire young supervisor who have never worked your area and they change your whole dept setting you up to fail and get hurt there supervisors and leads also lack any ability to handle any kind of problems at all and if you only speak English they surround you with bilingual workers who refuse to speak English making you feel completely out of place and not wanted
Also the pay there is by no means enough to live in the area
Cons
The managers could learn how to talk to people better.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at UO. The other employees were great. Management could learn a thing or to how to treat others. There was no respect or any kind of decency. They push you so hard for something half the time you can't control. Packing orders you do Not have. So on and so forth. Other then that. You do what you do and its a good day.
Pros
Other employees.
Cons
Disrespectful management. Human Resources that don't know how to do anything
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 10, 2018
It's good help me wit retail and to better my retail sales for the future and to be better at what I'm doin to be at a good place and to be good at sales
Collaborative
Store Brand Leader (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 8, 2018
Urban allows you to be yourself and to be bale to express your own individual style. It also has an open door policy to take in different ideas and measures to make the business better
the pay wasnt high enough
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJuly 6, 2018
it didn't pay enough for me and my family and it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter months. I worked a lot of hours to make up for the lack of pay
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay
Ambiente de trabajo limpio
Packing and picking (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 2, 2018
Empresa con buenas condiciones higiénicas, buen clima para trabajar
Cons
Pocos minutos de break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight