Urban Outfitters Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 263 reviews matching the search See all 1,464 reviews
If you're looking for stress, you got it
Team Lead/MIT (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 21, 2019
Have worked there for two years. Got promoted once and one pay raise. Now working 10.75 and hour full time which doesnt pay the bills. Work my ** off to compensate for the management at my store. Work environment is stressful and not team based. You either get it right in their eyes or get ** on for one thing wrong. Only so many holidays off and if you ask off for more than two days it's a big deal. I asked off for maybe four days in a row to travel and the way the schedule happened to work out I had to work 9 days in a row full time and apparently it was my fault. If you're sick and need to use personal time it's a big deal. If you work 6 hours a day you only get ten minutes to sit down and eat lunch. If you work 7 or more you get at minimum 30 minutes. And get written up if you cant find someone to cover you. You do get a good discount but the amount you get payed compared to how much you work and how expensive everything is it just goes back Into the company. Maybe im just unlucky at my store but home office does nothing to fix issues. If you're looking for a family oriented, team based job look somewhere else
Pros
Discount, full time healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, bad work environment
Fun place to work
Collections (Former Employee) –  Trenton, SCApril 6, 2019
This business closed it's office in our city since I was working there. It was a fast placed work environment. They had some good employee benefits such as discounts.
Make your own destiny
Women's Accessories Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAApril 4, 2019
As long as you put in the work, you have opportunitiy for advancement/promotion. Best part of the job is the people you meet. Met and worked with a variety of people and multiple locations over a 5 year span.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wages
The Company is a Joke
Material Handler, Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Gap, PAMarch 31, 2019
The turnover rate for this company is unbelievably high. Since I have started and worked for three and a half years, I have gone through four managers, three supervisors and three assistant supervisors. The company can not keep anyone employed, and it is no surprise.

The way they treat their employees is less than disrespectful. They will decide you have to work mandatory overtime with less than a days notice. If you work hard you rewarded by being given the crumb jobs no one else wants to work, and are expected to pick up the slack for everyone else who is lazy, whines and complains. If you do no work, you are rewarded with being given the easiest jobs and childish behavior is tolerated.

Also, after working for almost four years, salary is still under the national average. Not got pay.

A complete joke of a company!
Horrible Supervisors, managers, HR
Order Packer (Former Employee) –  Gap, PAMarch 29, 2019
Such a soul sucking experience.The job cares absolutely nothing about the employees. It's all about the work and nothing else. You're told that they advance from within but the only way you advance is by being a real brown noser. They don't go by your work ethic so no matter how well and how hard you work , if you dont play the "game" , they look right over you.
Pros
401k, paid vacation and personal days
Cons
Too many to list
Relaxed place with genuinely nice people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 27, 2019
Loved my time at Urban. As long as you have some kind of work ethic their quota numbers are pretty easy to meet. Managers are active on the floor and are easy to get along with.
Pros
Occasionally free food, generous time off for a warehouse, good discount
Cons
HR can be slow to react
Easy job as an associate, but treated like just another number occasionally.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 27, 2019
Typical day:
- 4-6hr shift
- Process shipment, perform inventory checks and audits
- Fold, hang, inspect, and attach sensors to clothing
- Help customers with questions or issues regarding needs, e.g. other sizes, fitting rooms, promotions
- Process customer transactions at cash register

4-6hr shifts twice to thrice a week at most

Fairly moderate turnover rate for associates (most are university students)

Very inviting and relaxing workplace with respect to fellow employees

Great for improving interpersonal and client relation skills
Pros
Flexible scheduling, 401k benefits for part-time employees, relaxing work environment
Cons
Shorter breaks with respect to a 6hr shift (10 min.), sporadic scheduling dependent upon available hours, moderate turnover
Chill environment
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAMarch 9, 2019
As long as you fold the tees and do a couple figure eights as you greet the customers, you'll speed through your shifts. Management is chill as long as you do your work and don't call out too much. Super chill place to work, pay could definitely use improvement.
Pros
discounts
Cons
low pay
good student job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2019
There is a lot of turnover but this is great as a student job. It is simple work, you get a great discount, and there is an awesome community of workers with only some drama.
Pros
breaks, discount
Cons
low pay
Forever family
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2019
I loved working for Urban. Everything was ever changing and everyone was supportive. I felt like Urban, as a company, is above the rest as far as standards. I Hope Urban will continue to nourish individuals and provide life long connections because I know I've met some amazing people there. Including my husband.
Pros
Free Attitre, positive attitude, good pay, benefits, structure.
Fun place to work, fast paced.
Director of West Coast Distribution (Former Employee) –  Reno-Stead, NVJanuary 24, 2019
Typical day of work, attend start-up meeting to review prior day results and goals for current day.
Although employees are assigned to a department the operation shares labor based on operational needs
Environment is quick pace and deadlines need to be met.
Management is accessible and willing to jump into the operation.
Company provides in house training for all employees
Pros
Benefits, compensation, clean work enviorment
Cons
Some Saturday's required
Great place to work while in school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2019
They are very flexible, very accommodating depending on your location and manager I worked for the shoes department so it was easy to change shifts here and there
Pros
Great sales
Cons
No raise
It was overall good and a great job opportunity
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 20, 2019
I had a great time there. People were friendly and the workspace was great. It was little hard at first but over time I got used to it and was doing a little below average.
Sometimes stressful
Pack + Ship, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 19, 2019
Don't get many hours, would like to have better pay for the amount of time spent there and the amount of work done on the job. Not a close knit relationship among coworkers and managers.
Urban outfitters
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJJanuary 6, 2019
There was never a lot of hours here. Very slow paced no room to grow I worked here at one point. Very low payroll only time you get good hours are during the summer and holidays.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Flexible schedules, manager was always willing to work with schedules and school. Short breaks, no healthcare. Poor opportunities to grow within the company.
Pros
people and management all outgoing
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare, discount not that amazing, small breakroom
Lame
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2019
Did not like the job. didn't train very well and everyone was rude. Holiday time was very hectic and we did not have the proper amount of staff. Great discount though
Stressful and not paid enough for what is asked of us as employees of all levels.
MACC (Men's Accessories) Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2019
When I first started working at the company things were much better. Even though the pay was very minimal, my hours were decent but not too much and the management/other employees were great to work with.

Towards the end of my time at the company it seemed as though the company had picked a different direction to go in. Managers left and were replaced with other managers who attempted to push older employees out for new hires, my work hours were increased to the point of basically working full time but without the benefits of full time employment. My pay had only increased 50 cents (even with my promotion) over the span of 2 years and we were asked to do much more than what we were paid for.

Discounts and employee appreciation time periods were also being cut by the time I left.
Cool job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2019
Fun place to work for east money.
You could never live of the salary but great for students
chill place
fun co-workers
nice discount
typical day at UO cashier and keep store tidy
overall
sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 12, 2018
it was nice hip job to work at but the hours are not good and they pay is minimun to little to live in san diego ca , it was a fun job in my younger years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss