Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company to begin a RETAIL career
Product Flow Team Lead/Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2018
UO is a great place to work that promotes a more liberal and independent work culture. Where most retail companies maintain a bit of rigidness in their work environment, UO provides more independence. Work badges are required, but "name tags" are not; the badge is only to identify yourself as an employee. You have the freedom to make your badge unique if you choose to do so. Absolutely no uniforms; your personal style and flair are encouraged. All full-time employees are provided with paid-time off in the form of Personal-Time, Vacation, as well as Paid-Holidays. One week of Personal-Time is the standard; that's 40hrs per fiscal year. Vacation time is based upon service time; 2 weeks upon entry, and a max-out of 4 weeks after 6 years of service. Paid holidays include: NY Day, Memorial Day; 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. One thing that I've learned from working at UO is that no day is typical. We have daily tasks that need to be completed. You can spend 8 hours the previous day planning out the next, but all it takes is for one person to call-out and the wrench is soon thrown into the gears. I've also come to believe that there are two types of managers that exist: those that plan for the future, and those that choose to plan day-to-day. Proactive versus reactive. Holiday season would have to be the toughest part. Whatever problems or kinks you encounter from Jan-Oct are magnified 10x from Nov-Dec. The best part of the job would have to be the independence and creativity promoted throughout the company. The people that you work with and under will also help  more... dictate the hard and enjoyable aspects of working for UO.  less
Benefits
Cons
Low pay compensation
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 6, 2018
A great place to work part time. Opportunity to grow as an employee. Not much job security as a part time sales associate. Fair pay wage. Flexible schedule.
Great Culture/Horrible Management
Associate Designer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2018
A typical day was exceptionally stressful, however I learned more than I could ever ask for! Management was terrible and misleading when it came to career advancement. It was implied that I would have to work more than 50 hours a week on average with very little thanks.
fun and exciting work environment
STORE MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2018
My day at work was constantly filled with new and exciting creative challenges to overcome. Deadlines and budgets would help me expand my vision and also develop my prioritization skills.
Depends on which Location you work at
High Volume Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Urban Outfitters is a cool place to work at first until you learn about the culture of the company. The make offensive clothes and usually rip off local artists.
Pros
40 percent discount
Fun, relaxed job
Service Team Lead/Product Flow Team Lead (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Great job for those who fit the Urban demographic and culture. Like any other retail job, but definitely allows you to be more creative. Perfect for students that identify as artists
Fast paced
Display Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
My experience at Urban Outfitters was pretty positive. It was a lot of fun, and became friends with many of the people I worked with there. The job itself was challenging and never boring.
Friendly enviroment
Fulfillment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 3, 2018
Its a job love it but just temporary.. I would hate to leave but can't stay and next day I no longer have a job.. Me still being with them knowing it was seasonal tells u I work hard.
urban outfitters
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 2, 2018
a lot of customer interaction and folding involved. moving around a lot and caring for peoples needs. switching between greeting and dressing room. communicating with other staff
Nice working environment
Men's Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
A relaxed and fun place to work. Management is always changing but generally, the same type of person is hired. Laid back but strict at times so just get our work done and don't mess around
Good place for expeience
Forklift Operator and Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, SCJanuary 31, 2018
Great to learn about shipping and receiving as far as the process goes. Learned a lot about power machine and different lifts. Good people to work with.
A fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2018
It is a relaxed, fun place to work at. You work with other young people that love fashion, so there are a lot artists and like minded people working with you. Management is very professional. They seem like they would be laid back, but in the end they do their job well.
Team Player
Furniture Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 30, 2018
Driven to provide my employees to achieve more and assist them every step of the way.

Arrive early and stay late, always there when needed.

Worked some crazy shifts but always arrived with a smile and ready to accomplish everything in front of me.
Pros
Driven, team Player, mentor
Cons
letting go...
Sales Associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Overall it was a great job with a great employee discount. It was a low volume store, so there was a heavy focus on customer service. At one point management wanted the floor staff to be more like personal shoppers for the customers to try to force a sale - it was a bit awkward.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Worked here for about a year. Didn't take long to learn the job. Easy work and laid back environment. Training lasted about two weeks and once I hit the floor everything was a breeze. Only cons of this job are the occasional rude customers, no pay increase, and the point system. Although it was stressful at times, URBN grew on me. This company became like a family to me. Would recommend!
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJanuary 28, 2018
Overall a relaxed and fun workplace. All my coworkers and managers were nice. The store is busy so time goes by quickly. You also get a 20-40% discount.
Pros
discount, most shifts are only 6 hours, allow piercings and dyed hair and tattoos
Cons
only ten minute breaks if you work less than 8 hours, no benefits, no paid time off
Relaxed but not secure job or advancement
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 28, 2018
The company was great to work with in 2016, but in 2017 the management changed and many changes were made to our system and has been made challenging,
Pros
Hour Lunch, employee discounts, early departure
Cons
no advancement, poor management, new system changes
laid back workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 28, 2018
worked fit and register. tasks were simple but work could be redundant and drab at times. the overall aesthetic is pleasant and dressing for work is integrative and fun.
Everybody's pretty cool for the most part
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Montclair, NJJanuary 27, 2018
Great place with good, smart, fashionable people. Work pace varies throughout the day. Managers are pretty understandable and the discounts and pretty okay
Pros
Everybody treat you like family
Cons
Needs to give more hours
working at UO
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 25, 2018
very down to earth store, alot of individualism. people can be themselves and be free in the way they dressed. have to make sure you stay up to date with trends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Outfitters Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.