Urban Pathways, Inc. Employee Reviews

Run
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2019
Working at Urban Pathways has been a nightmare. Human Resources doesn’t support the employees, you have to wait up to a month to get hired, but then you are mistreated from the very first day. Senior management are dictators and staff are treated unfairly. The model is not housing first, its disrespect first. The turn over rate is so high, its ridiculous.
Pros
I can’t think of any
Cons
Stressful environment, no job security, lack of professional boundaries
Its a paycheck if you want to call it that
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Everywhere, usaFebruary 2, 2019
Very unprofessional. Human resources is a joke they protect themselves and those they like while hard working good people are shown the door. They scared of being sued. Upper Mgt. cater to their own. Self centered individuals run the show. Shame on them. Disrespectful whole lot of them bunch of wolves in sheeps clothing making it look like they care for the poor when in reality they use them to get what they want.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Showing up
secured the building of women residents
Security (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 8, 2018
my duties was to secure the building were women with mental issues lived. to make sure they were safe in and out of the building. I also help serve food to them in the kitchen.
Pros
overtime was offered from time to time
Work Environment
Housing Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2018
I work with a great team of professional at my current work site. The work load can at times be fast paced but who do have slow seasons. My Program Director is great to work with
Great staff to work with Horrible Management
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
I worked for Urban Pathways for approximately 2 years. I loved the people that surrounded me on a daily basis. My fellow employees were friendly, down to earth. The only downside to Urban Pathways is you will feel overworked, underpaid and undervalued. The main reason I left UP is because I felt like I had too much work and too little pay. Nevertheless, I learned a lot, I worked hard and I helped the community.
Pros
Underpaid, under appreciated
Cons
Great Time Off, and Early Departure Summer Fridays
Awful Organization!
Mid Management Staff Member (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2015
While this organization does work for the betterment of the homeless, there is a complete lack of internal infrastructure, hostile and aggressive senior management, and low salaries.

There is also a major issue with internal communication from senior management down to lower level staff members.

I would not recommend anyone to this organization.
Pros
Benefit Package is Decent
Cons
Lack of Infrastructure & Internal Communication